[Q] Reboot loop issue around 1-minute in any mode. Is there a fix?

Search This thread

aalaap

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
aalaap.com
This is a year-old Galaxy S3 i9300 (Intl) which came with a stock 4.something, which I replaced after a couple of months with CM10. After that, I've tried plenty of different ROMs, but I mostly stuck with CM. There were often problems with some apps FCing and plenty of random reboots, but it was still mostly usable. Until recently, that is.

After a few more updates with the more recent CM11 builds, the phone just went into this boot loop that seems to trigger around the 1 minute mark regardless of what mode the phone is in. In most cases it's the CM11 boot animation, but even if I manage to get it into recovery or download mode, it still reboots. As a result, I'm unable to perform any repair via recovery (no fix permissions or wipe) and I can't get it to stay in download mode to send a different image.

Is this a hardware issue or something that can be fixed via software?

Last edited:

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
This is a year-old Galaxy S3 i9300 (Intl) which came with a stock 4.something, which I replaced after a couple of months with CM10. After that, I've tried plenty of different ROMs, but I mostly stuck with CM. There were often problems with some apps FCing and plenty of random reboots, but it was still mostly usable. Until recently, that is.

After a few more updates with the more recent CM11 builds, the phone just went into this boot loop that seems to trigger around the 1 minute mark regardless of what mode the phone is in. In most cases it's the CM11 boot animation, but even if I manage to get it into recovery or download mode, it still reboots. As a result, I'm unable to perform any repair via recovery (no fix permissions or wipe) and I can't get it to stay in download mode to send a different image.

Is this a hardware issue or something that can be fixed via software?

If it reboots in recovery and download mode then it sounds like a hardware issue to me most probably your power button is the cause.;)

aalaap

Sep 19, 2011
Mumbai
aalaap.com
If it reboots in recovery and download mode then it sounds like a hardware issue to me most probably your power button is the cause.;)

I guess :-/

I did read several other boot loop issue posts, but most of them only reboot when the OS is booting, not recovery or download. The ones that have a 'global' boot loop issue are usually much shorter (3 sec or so) and can sometimes get it to stay by removing the memory card or just keeping it off for 5-10 minutes. None of thes things worked for me.

I have three Samsung phones with hardware issues - the i9300, the i9250 and the i9020 - which I'll take to the service center now.

:highfive:

Reactions: tallman43

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I guess :-/

I did read several other boot loop issue posts, but most of them only reboot when the OS is booting, not recovery or download. The ones that have a 'global' boot loop issue are usually much shorter (3 sec or so) and can sometimes get it to stay by removing the memory card or just keeping it off for 5-10 minutes. None of thes things worked for me.

I have three Samsung phones with hardware issues - the i9300, the i9250 and the i9020 - which I'll take to the service center now.

:highfive: