Second core script

Search This thread

trevsl95

Nov 8, 2011
I was just trying to say how this guy hates being asked about anything and would hate his work being put down when he says: I can't believe people are using this, it sucks about someone else's work. As t put it, its funny how no one can ask simple things and if you do you are responded to rudely but he comes in this thread and says this guys hard work is junk, it does nothing to help don't even bother.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
I was just trying to say how this guy hates being asked about anything and would hate his work being put down when he says: I can't believe people are using this, it sucks about someone else's work. As t put it, its funny how no one can ask simple things and if you do you are responded to rudely but he comes in this thread and says this guys hard work is junk, it does nothing to help don't even bother.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

See. You did it.
Communicated your point nicely. Well...the connotation wasn't but it was neat and got to the point.

Now Dragon - I know you'll see this at some point in time; please follow suit. Make me happy and stuff ya know?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
I'd like to point out that half of our future roms would be screwed if not for cm updates. Ever follow miui or eclipse changes? Notice how they all come along very shortly following a cm update?

(Here comes odd me) PLEASE for your sake refrain from grandiose statements when attacking. Forms high emotional imagery (thereby forming "points") and basic argumentation says no to non-fact discourse. Has a place but a tech forum full of techies ain't it.

As much as I hate these little shots certain people are taking I have to face facts and acknowledge great work; kudos to cm9 and all its ICS bugginess and go on Traflager for giving all a shot at an amazing device.

Please don't attack people. Find smoothness, snapyness in everything. Keep it clean cause I like this place.

Cm has npthing to do with eclipse except for a couple cherry picks on nexus its aosp base not cm base. On x2 cm has nothing to do with eclipse its blur based.

From what i can tell miui doesnt use any cm at all. Pretty sure bout that.

Keep your chin up as they have a second core script on my evo as well not that i use it but it must do something lol

rockin my EVO 4G LTE

kenjesse

Jul 15, 2011
Florida
Seems to me that most anyone I've ever been involved with that accomplishes something special is passionate about what they do. Likewise it seems to me that we have a couple of folks here that are passionate about what they do that just happen to passionately disagree. I just wish the disagreement were less personal and more professional.

As for what has been said I can only speak to a few things...

The idea put forward that dragon in some way takes offense to any claim by someone that their tweak or mod improves his work...that is just not so. Just look at what has happened since alpha4 dropped. Many, including myself, have had serious stability problems that were fixed by using the mashup mod. Did dragon rail against this, no, just the opposite, he has recommended the modification and even stated he will likely include it in alpha5. And as I recall his attitude regarding v6 supercharger is pretty much the same.

As for the 2nd core Mod, I've tried it on 2.3.4 Stock rooted & cm7. In both cases it did improve performance, particularly when gaming, but it also took a toll on my battery performance such that I chose not to use it. I'm pretty sure if you check you'll find that i thanked trafalger for his efforts and will thank him again here.

I want all the dev’s and mod’ers to continue supporting our x2 and i want our community to live up to its reputation as "the best & friendliest" on XDA.

And that pretty much is my 2 cents worth.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LaserChicken

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Seems to me that most anyone I've ever been involved with that accomplishes something special is passionate about what they do. Likewise it seems to me that we have a couple of folks here that are passionate about what they do that just happen to passionately disagree. I just wish the disagreement were less personal and more professional.

As for what has been said I can only speak to a few things...

The idea put forward that dragon in some way takes offense to any claim by someone that their tweak or mod improves his work...that is just not so. Just look at what has happened since alpha4 dropped. Many, including myself, have had serious stability problems that were fixed by using the mashup mod. Did dragon rail against this, no, just the opposite, he has recommended the modification and even stated he will likely include it in alpha5. And as I recall his attitude regarding v6 supercharger is pretty much the same.

As for the 2nd core Mod, I've tried it on 2.3.4 Stock rooted & cm7. In both cases it did improve performance, particularly when gaming, but it also took a toll on my battery performance such that I chose not to use it. I'm pretty sure if you check you'll find that i thanked trafalger for his efforts and will thank him again here.

I want all the dev’s and mod’ers to continue supporting our x2 and i want our community to live up to its reputation as "the best & friendliest" on XDA.

And that pretty much is my 2 cents worth.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

I have no problem if people don't use it and if like you state their opinion...its the nature of the way he has stated his opinion jot only here but in numerous threads and on twitter if everyone recalls in spite of the disagreement I have congratulated him on bringing ICS to this phone. Yet no matter what someone tried the script and said that it helped them and yet again he feels the need to discredit this work here and on twitter and that is uncalled for in my opinion

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Reactions: kenjesse

Gblake13

Oct 13, 2011
Cm has npthing to do with eclipse except for a couple cherry picks on nexus its aosp base not cm base. On x2 cm has nothing to do with eclipse its blur based.

From what i can tell miui doesnt use any cm at all. Pretty sure bout that.

Keep your chin up as they have a second core script on my evo as well not that i use it but it must do something lol

rockin my EVO 4G LTE

Paranoid android, aokp, and the newest miui are all cm9 based. At least the x2 versions. But yeah eclipse is blur based and unrelated to cm.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Paranoid android, aokp, and the newest miui are all cm9 based. At least the x2 versions. But yeah eclipse is blur based and unrelated to cm.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Are you SURE it's based on CM9 code?
Or does it just use the same 2nd init code that cm9 uses so that it can boot up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I was reading that bootloader effort thread and _base2 had mentioned overclocking his RAZR I tried to link the post and it wasn't working well on the app...kept foreclosing so anyways...I made a script that activates the second core...the way I verified this is looking in system tuner with it running and with out...also without it shows as an ARM processor in antutu benchmark and a dual core with it. with the limits of our kernel its not going to let us multithread obviously if I am not mistaken

Razz1 was the original poster if this on rootzwiki for the razr

If you choose to make changes or try it and something bad happens its up to you and I can't be held responsible

Ok so to further clarify what im trying to say with this is....prior to using this the second core was not visible using cat proc /cpuinfo nor was it available to java according to quadrant or antutu...after it is available and shows in the cat

This is what I used when I built my script

chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    Quick script to run in script manager or terminal

This script and flashable zip file are for CM7DX2 ONLY! It _MIGHT_ work on other ROMs, but your mileage may vary!

Okay, it was requested by Ash for me to make a script that would run from init.d. I have included a flashable zip that installs a much simplified version of this script in init.d. Please keep in mind that the only way to change CPU1 back to "On Demand" is by using the script that is in this post as well.

As with all of my mods, I am not responsible for what you choose to do with your phone.

Flashable Zip:
    Nandroid backup FIRST! Then flash this zip via Bootstrap Recovery. No need to clear cache or dalvik-cache.

Script:
    If you are going to run this script in the terminal, please remember to set the permissions with chmod to 755. Example:

Code:
    chmod 755 CPU_Core1_OnDemand_AlwaysOn.sh
    In script manager, there is no need to do this.

Grrr... XDA doesn't allow uploading of .sh files. Just remove the .pdf extension. This file is _NOT_ a PDF file.

Your welcome!

Ciao!
    Well said man. Well said. This guy thinks hes a genius for all this stuff. I remember the soft keys thing. He threatened to make people do it themselves if they didn't like his work. If you ask for a general ETA the guy gets pissed. Every reboot and freeze my phone has gotten, I dislike this dude more and more. The above statement just made me really dislike this guy. For the record, Alpha 4 was worse than alpha 3 with the addition of themes and camera and lock screen stuff. In addition, we cant even get a MMS update that was apparently "very simple". Really dragonzkiller...this guy worked hard on this script, it works for him, and he is happy with it. If it doesn't work for others, they don't have to use it. But there is no reason to put his work down because of conflicts with your incomplete work. Honestly, who cares if you stop deving...stock is stable, eclipse is stable, other roms are stable, there are lots of options and this phone has gotten outdated faster and faster since Google IO. Point is, please don't criticize someone else's work in their own thread and act like you're a god on the internet. I certainly wouldn't want my work to be criticized and I'm sure others, including you wouldn't either. BTW the dragon out thing was pretty damn lame...

I'd like to point out that half of our future roms would be screwed if not for cm updates. Ever follow miui or eclipse changes? Notice how they all come along very shortly following a cm update?

(Here comes odd me) PLEASE for your sake refrain from grandiose statements when attacking. Forms high emotional imagery (thereby forming "points") and basic argumentation says no to non-fact discourse. Has a place but a tech forum full of techies ain't it.

As much as I hate these little shots certain people are taking I have to face facts and acknowledge great work; kudos to cm9 and all its ICS bugginess and go on Traflager for giving all a shot at an amazing device.

Please don't attack people. Find smoothness, snapyness in everything. Keep it clean cause I like this place.

That's impossible as putting anything in the init.rc doesn't take affect until reboot and if you reboot the init.rc is overwritten.

I am once again saying that you shouldn't use this script at all. It is pointless and drains your battery. The *slight* (and I mean slight) amount of performance you gain out of it is worthless compared to the loss in battery life.

dragon out.

Yes the statement about init.rc is correct won't work...although you don't like when people sat negative things about your work and just tell them don't use it or do it themselves but you have no problem saying negative things about mine

Plenty of people like it and have used it with no or little extra battery drain and have no problem with it.

Why don't you just step off man we get it you don't like it blah blah blah you've made your opinion known so let it go already.

You don't like negative comments even when someone asks about something as simple as soft keys yet you have no problem criticizing others....funny how that works

Yes the statement about init.rc is correct won't work...although you don't like when people sat negative things about your work and just tell them don't use it or do it themselves but you have no problem saying negative things about mine

Plenty of people like it and have used it with no or little extra battery drain and have no problem with it.

Why don't you just step off man we get it you don't like it blah blah blah you've made your opinion known so let it go already.

You don't like negative comments even when someone asks about something as simple as soft keys yet you have no problem criticizing others....funny how that works