[ALPHA3][ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 UNOFFICIAL[1/4]

Search This thread

Forge64

Sep 11, 2012
No audio on Alpha3

Been lurking, no posts. I've previously been on an SGS2 with CM and quite happy. Got a Note 2 recently, had no problems unlocking, putting on a recovery, flashing this rom. However, I have no in-call audio. I can be heard, but I can't hear. I didn't see it in the notes, and my camera and GPS seem to be working fine, so I'm confused. Can anyone point me at where I've messed up? Thanks!

(I did see that CM 10.1 has a problem like mine, but I'm definitely on CM 10.0 Alpha3 from this thread)

Great work so far! I have hope that the Note2 will become more popular in the AOSP/AOKP world, since Verizon doesn't have a Nexus 4 coming.

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
In-call audio problem

Been lurking, no posts. I've previously been on an SGS2 with CM and quite happy. Got a Note 2 recently, had no problems unlocking, putting on a recovery, flashing this rom. However, I have no in-call audio. I can be heard, but I can't hear.
There is a known in-call audio quality problem which can happen sometimes. (Happened to me once. Static on the line.) A reboot is supposed to fix that. I guess that could be related. Does a reboot help?

-Steve

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
No data problems here. Verizon sch-i605 (of course) in Oklahoma City using LTE 4G. Also 802.11n. Bluetooth works. But my streaming audio range is quite limited. It's unclear whether that is related to the ROM.

-Steve

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
You mean this 'ROM'? S-pen hover functionality works. (I've tested in both stock browser and Chrome.) And S-pen gestures both work and are fully configurable in 'Settings'. (i.e. press the pen-button and gesture to bring up the note-taker, go back a page, etc.)

The only thing I miss is that feature where the phone screams if I walk off without the pen. Absent minded am I.

-Steve

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
You mean this 'ROM'? S-pen hover functionality works. (I've tested in both stock browser and Chrome.) And S-pen gestures both work and are fully configurable in 'Settings'. (i.e. press the pen-button and gesture to bring up the note-taker, go back a page, etc.)

The only thing I miss is that feature where the phone screams if I walk off without the pen. Absent minded am I.

-Steve

Haha yeah my bad, ROM. I have a massive headache & didn't thoroughly think before I typed this. So what about the screenshot with the s-pen?

gammaxgoblin

Nov 19, 2010
It's the appropriate kernel built into this rom ....coming from stock with perseus?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
Screenshot is not a configurable target for S-pen gestures. However, in the settings menu for the Power Button Menu you can enable 'Screenshot'. That way you just long-press the power button and press 'Screenshot' to get a screenshot. It's a regular feature of CyanogenMod.

-Steve

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Can I ask you guys using this ROM how your WiFi connectivity is when dealing with 802.11-N routers?

I'm on TouchWiz Jelly Beans Build 5 and I cannot connect to an N router, neither 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. My old HTC Thunderbolt has no problem connecting to the 2.4Ghz N band, but doesn't have support for 5Ghz so it can't see that one.

It's not a rooted/ROM'ed issue, I am wondering if it's a chip issue or a driver issue. Hopefully you guys running AOSP can connect to an N Router just fine and that proves that it's a software issue. Here's what works/doesn't work for me:

5Ghz Wireless-N Only = won't work
5Ghz Mixed A/N = works, but only uses A

2.4Ghz Wireless-N Only = won't work
2.4Ghz Mixed B/G/N = works, but only uses B/G

So if any of you guys running this ROM are admins to your home routers and can do me this favor of confirming AOSP Wireless-N connectivity on our Note 2's then it would be a great help in understanding and resolving this issue.

I would try it myself but have no plans of going to AOSP at all, and not looking to backup/wipe/restore etc just to do a 10 second test :p

Thanks

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
I can confirm that when the band is set to auto or 5ghz, my Verizon SCH-i605 connects to my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH 802.11n router running the latest OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment ROM just fine at 65mbps. This is true for both the stock ROM and alpha3. It also sees many nearby routers. However, if I lock it to 2.4ghz, it sees nothing, and reports my Buffalo to be 'out of range'. That is on alpha3. I've not tested with stock.

-Steve

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that may occur as a result of flashing this.

These are Unofficial CM 10 builds for the Verizon Note 2 I605.

PreReq: Bootloader Unlocked!
    This needs to be flashed in CWM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2045587)

Instructions:
    -Download and copy rom to sdcard
    -Download and copy gapps to sdcard (http://goo.im/gapps)
    -Reboot into recovery (CWM)
    -Flash rom
    -Flash gapps
    -Wipe data/cache
    -Reboot

Known Bugs:
    - no streaming music over BT
    - nfc might not work?
    - Orientation sensor is delayed in kicking on, can take a minute to start working
    - GPS may or may not work

[Alpha 1]ROM:http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390225151984927045
    Changes:
    - Initial Release

[Alpha 2] ROM:http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763195
    Changes:
    -Upstream CM changes
    -Orientation sensor is "better" (After a reboot, screen off/on and it will kick in)
    -Fix LPM (Charging while phone is off)
    -Fix Camera fw being copied (should fix camera issues)
    -Boost audio volumes

[Alpha 3] ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763996
    Changes:
    - Upstream CM changes
    - A2DP fix (streaming audio over bluetooth)
    - Removed preset Network mode/selection (allows for more network modes)

Thanks for all my testers and those that help me get a note 2!

Credits:
    Team Hacksung
    CM
    TSM
    imnuts
    slick_rick
    AdamOutler/Ralekdev
    just letting you guys know I won't have an update till after christmas I'm still actively working on it. holidays are pretty busy for me.

I haven't stopped working on this just nothing to justify another build. I'm currently wrestling with sensors/gps which have some ties. As soon as I have something it will be posted here!

Alpha 2 has landed. Give it a flash guys ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Any word on official support, like the other note 2 variants?
    Sbrissen said he will go for official support once the holidays are over. Also, only the n7100 is official right now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2