[Q] Having trouble flashing Chinese GT-N7100 Note 2

Search This thread

chalkytannins

Feb 18, 2013
The Chinese bootloader won't let me flash a french or indian firmware through Odin PC, and the current solution seems to be using Mobile Odin.

I was able to get Mobile Odin installed, but when I try and flash the firmware, on reboot it just hangs at the blue mobileOdin logo.

At this point, I have to restart the device into download mode, and flash back over the stock CHN firmware.

I tried using mobile Odin again with the CHN firmware I'm able to flash over through Odin PC, and I run into the same problem as before; the device hangs at the blue mobileOdin logo.

There seem to be others out there having this freezing issue with mobileOdin, but I cannot find a solution.
Is there anything else I can try other than mobileOdin to flash my Chinese Note 2?

Thanks

note2grey

Nov 24, 2012
Try flash by stock recovery?
But is that even possible? Lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

mnr336

Nov 11, 2011
Hi. I have posted a complete step by step instructions as how to flash India Android 4.3 firmware on Chinese N7100. Just search for it and follow the steps. You will be successful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mikasjoman

Jun 25, 2007
The Chinese bootloader won't let me flash a french or indian firmware through Odin PC, and the current solution seems to be using Mobile Odin.

I was able to get Mobile Odin installed, but when I try and flash the firmware, on reboot it just hangs at the blue mobileOdin logo.

At this point, I have to restart the device into download mode, and flash back over the stock CHN firmware.

I tried using mobile Odin again with the CHN firmware I'm able to flash over through Odin PC, and I run into the same problem as before; the device hangs at the blue mobileOdin logo.

There seem to be others out there having this freezing issue with mobileOdin, but I cannot find a solution.
Is there anything else I can try other than mobileOdin to flash my Chinese Note 2?

Thanks

Well lets say like this, I REALLY hope you made a backup of your EFS image before you flash with Odin like they recommend everywhere (damn I feel stupid right now, since I have been flashing for years). I just bricked my N7100 Chinese version (no EFS = no phone functionality), because I tried to update the phone with Odin. I didn't know that the phone was hacked (almost all Chinese N7100 are if they are bought second hand), and trying to upgrade it to Official 4.3 was probably the most stupid thing I have ever done. Trying to put a indian official rom on a Chinese phone will definitely NOT work, you should put one with CHN in the file name.

What I should have done, was to just change the hacked ROM to any other un-official ROM out there. Instead using Odin, I just bricked it forever. Feels crazy, but using cwmrecovery to flash any other popular ROM would have kept my phone working. It is now offically a Phablet with Wifi only since my EFS image is broken.

Maybe you can see if you EFS image is still OK with ADB:

Code:
adb shell
cd /efs
ls

to see if it is still intact and that there are file sin that folder. Mine is just empty.

Last edited: