Moto x.. Soft bricked?

Search This thread

siccoblue

Jan 16, 2014
Google Pixel 3 XL
Alright im gonna explain my exact situation here and hope to god you guys can help me...

My girl is out of town and im sure is getting ****ing irate by now considering our means of communication are our phones..
Today i was looking into "milk" streaming for samsung, it told me to edit "Build.Prop" in the system file to make it appear as a samsung galaxy s4, specically..

Code:
ro.product.model=Galaxy S4
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

I did this as was stated, i made the backup but i decided to reboot my phone.. which in turn bricked it, i see the Motorola logo when it turns on but then it goes to a black screen (if its relevant.. i feel like its still running but the screen wont display) i decided to go into recovery and factory reset it (again to clarify a bit, XT1060 running android 4.4, rooted with supersu and Jcase's method.) so at this point.. im stuck with a phone i have no way to replace at the moment, (still under warrenty, but was rooted so its iffy if they will or not.. especially considering i messed with a system file. cant afford the monetary risk to find out).. im stuck in only being able to get to bootloader/recovery.. cant start up the phone to the actual OS. cosider factory settings where usb debugging isnt possible to enable at the moment, is there ANY POSSIBLE way i could fix this and get it to a working state again? if anyone can help me here they will have my undying gratitude and ill do anything i POSSIBLY can to help them.. :/ thanks to all who make the effort to do so

D

Darth

Did you try a factory reset?

Next, you might just need to restore stock image with fastboot or rsdlite. You will need the proper carrier version you were currently on and same android version.

For fastboot ... See this guide and the restore stock section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603358

And rsdlite has a thread in development.

You may lose all data, pics, music...etc. At least with the rsdlite way. I think. Its been awhile. I might be wrong about this.

Other than that....not sure how else you can fix it myself. Maybe wait a bit to see if you get more suggestions. Good luck!!

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
You may have to download the Verizon 4.4 SBF, and fastboot flash system to fix it, however, I don't know how this will impact your root and write protection disabled (assuming you used SlapMyMoto and MotoWpNoMo).