Search This thread

neillh

Oct 29, 2010
Sydney
Has anyone noticed low wifi signal.
I tested standing next to my wifi router with my:
old HTC Desire: 100% wifi signal
new Galaxy Nexus: 70% wifi signal.

Walking a few steps back the Nexus drops to 50%, Desire stays at 100%.

Anyone else?

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Same here, worst signal I've ever hand in a mobile for WiFi. Only really a problem when I'm quite far from the router with walls in between, still though, none of my other handsets had this problem.

MaxDNet

Dec 24, 2009
Rome
Has anyone noticed low wifi signal.
I tested standing next to my wifi router with my:
old HTC Desire: 100% wifi signal
new Galaxy Nexus: 70% wifi signal.

Walking a few steps back the Nexus drops to 50%, Desire stays at 100%.

Anyone else?

Same here. Was just searching for some update here from xda guys i'm sure i saw something in the past days.

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
me too, wonder if this is just a GN thing or affecting just some of the phones..... sigh.

i think overall this is the worst reception I have ever had on a cell phone. Its really the first one thats ever given me a problem in my house. Constantly drops to 1 / 0 bars which is like -107 to -111 dbm but i pop in simcard into my 4s and its at -87 dbm. Same type of thing with wifi as well.

I have tried other radios and it seems that UGKK7 radio works best for me on ATT.

Ive tested the UGKL1 for just an hour or so and this one may be the best yet for me. TO early to tell though. I can say that im on full bars for both wifi and hspa for the first time at home with my GN. Just curious if it will hold though. Usually it ends up dropping and not recovering.

Reactions: cjeremy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    me too, wonder if this is just a GN thing or affecting just some of the phones..... sigh.

i think overall this is the worst reception I have ever had on a cell phone. Its really the first one thats ever given me a problem in my house. Constantly drops to 1 / 0 bars which is like -107 to -111 dbm but i pop in simcard into my 4s and its at -87 dbm. Same type of thing with wifi as well.

I have tried other radios and it seems that UGKK7 radio works best for me on ATT.

Ive tested the UGKL1 for just an hour or so and this one may be the best yet for me. TO early to tell though. I can say that im on full bars for both wifi and hspa for the first time at home with my GN. Just curious if it will hold though. Usually it ends up dropping and not recovering.