[Q] GT P3110 soft brick, download mode but no recovery, bootloop

Search This thread

marcomow

Jan 15, 2014
Hi All,
I have a GT P3110 that was rooted. I tried to install a custom ROM, but I didn't succeed, because since first reboot it arrives till "Updating Android", optimize all the apps, and straight after "opening applications" it reboots - as in the title - in infinite loop.

I can access download mode, and I tried very various solutions (all through Odin, in different versions), but none of firmwares i tried unlocks the situation, neither does any flashed recovery open. Just the download mode (that still let me hope for a solution).

I read a lot of threads about, but nowhere I found a solution; I tried even to Erase All Nand, but it failed.

I really dunno what else could I do, has anyone solved a similar problem, or has an idea of how could I unlock the situation??

SOLVED: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_p3110

Last edited:

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
But it currently boots and fails after optimizing still?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

marcomow

Jan 15, 2014
thanks for quick reply!

More detailed what i see is
- "Galaxy Tab 7 2.0"
- blinking "Samsung"
- "Updating Android OS": inside of this, it first optimize all the apps ("optimizing app 1,2,3,...."); when it finished, says "Opening applications", and just restarts from blinking "Samsung".

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
OK. So it IS booting the os.
And you can't get into recovery?
You mentioned that you tried Odin, did you make sure to use the latest correct pit file when flashing?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

marcomow

Jan 15, 2014
again thanks!

No I cannot access recovery in any way, I tried kinda all combination of buttons, but can only get into Download mode.

But.......actually I'm not using any PIT file! Hope THAT is the problem!

So maybe now i should try to flash again stock firmware, with correct pit file, selecting in odin only f.reset time and auto-reebot (also repartition? and/or nand erase all?) ?

about PIT, can it be http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552155 ?

Last edited:

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
again thanks!

No I cannot access recovery in any way, I tried kinda all combination of buttons, but can only get into Download mode.

But.......actually I'm not using any PIT file! Hope THAT is the problem!

So maybe now i should try to flash again stock firmware, with correct pit file, selecting in odin only f.reset time and auto-reebot (also repartition? and/or nand erase all?) ?

about PIT, can it be http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552155 ?

DO NOT REPARTITION!!!! YOU WILL BRICK HARD

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Yes, use the 311x file in the last post.
Go to the thread where you got recovery and be sure to use 311x or 3110 flashable recoveries.
Follow all instructions to a t. Do not select anything you are not specifically told to select

marcomow

Jan 15, 2014
tried to flash recovery with PIT realized only after that repartition was selected, but nothing changed.

tried to flash firmware with PIT, unselected repartition, and i supposed i bricked it. Still, on charge shows the battery, but no other response. damn.

[EDIT] The tablet is still alive, I found on another section that letting it charge and pressing volume button, can make it wake up and..."yes"! We are back at soft brick as before...same exact situation!

Last edited:

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Well. At least its not bricked. Lol

If you repartition without the pit it could turn the whole thing into a single partition. The pit is a partition information table, it tells the tablet what partitions go where.

There must be a way to force recovery on, maybe through adb but I'm not sure.

If Odin is failing try updating the drivers and if you haven't, try a more recent Odin meant for the tab. Other than that I'm out of ideas. You might be able to boot recovery by holding volume up and power while plugging in. Once the Samsung logo flashes up unplug while continuing to hold volume up

marcomow

Jan 15, 2014
well actually odin isn't failing, because everything that was needed to be flashed, it was...
odin i am using in the last version

I also do not have any clue for this...

the only hint i have, is that maybe i should flash both recovery and firmware with PIT, and leaving on both the re-partition....
...even if the hard brick perspective scares me...

And cannot find anyone that had my same problem on the internet!!!!

If you have any other suggestion/ideas feel free to share...meanwhile thanks!

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
But if Odin worked right it would be flashing recovery without issue.

Maybe try booting as far as it will boot, plug into PC, open a command prompt and type
Adb
Sudo reboot recovery

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk