02/06/2012 DISCONTINUED FOR NOW WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
I can start loving it right now if was able to flash, like now. :)
Awesome early xmas gift.

Question- i'm on 4ext recovery on ext4 and would love to flash the 3.5 rom, do i need ext3 or am i good to go, wipe-n-clear then flash?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App

You are good to go. The rom is ext4. For good measure, I would wipe caches and data both.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

sgt50

Aug 24, 2007
Coming from Android Revolution this by far the best, fastest Rom I have used, great work

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
Cool..I like the 3.0 a little better as far as a reception go's. Good flashing man..

Both 3.0 and 3.5 bases started as 4 bar. The conversion to 5 bar takes better with the 3.0 roms than the 3.5 roms for some reason, but it is just display of the bars. I did extensive side be side comparisons with two Inspires and, despite fairly equal signal strength at all times, the 3.0 base would show one more bar than the 3.5 base.

Reactions: PakRatt

PakRatt

Account currently disabled
Mar 10, 2011
Redmond, OR
Well I am going to have to spend more time with the 3.5 I guess...lmao
I just been on the 3.0 for so long I'm spoiled. ;)

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
Well I am going to have to spend more time with the 3.5 I guess...lmao
I just been on the 3.0 for so long I'm spoiled. ;)

I still have 3.0 on that second Inspire. My wife wasn't to happy about making a test device out of her phone, but when she found out what she got versus that crappy stock 2.3.3 rom, she happily accepted.

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
WC and team 3.5 rom is rocking.... thank u very much for all the hard work.

i have a question in the op screenshots for 3.5 rom, battery % is being shown, is it a mod or theres an option to enable it(i m not able to find it)

I made the battery in the UOT kitchen for the 3.5 rom. I liked the larger numbers better so this is what you get. I also put the HTC Quick launch widget on my phone. I'm using one of them with the standard rosie. I got it from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1349377

The one I installed worked great. The way I installed it was:
1. Extract the zip file
2. Copy the htc quick launch.apk file and put it on your sd card
3. Locate the apk and install it just like any other sideloaded apk.
4. Clear out your home panel and choose the quick launch in your widgets.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: speedsri
W

Wild Child

Added to front page;)

WC

I made the battery in the UOT kitchen for the 3.5 rom. I liked the larger numbers better so this is what you get. I also put the HTC Quick launch widget on my phone. I'm using one of them with the standard rosie. I got it from here:

1. Extract the zip file

Enjoy!!

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Will this be able to give you a percentage for the battery. Right now I'm using a ROM called stardroid elf im also using killers uv lite script. Can you use killers uv scripts? Cause one thing i like in roms is battery life.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

W

Wild Child

Merry Christmas Everyone.....
stock-illustration-7583459-santa-pulled-over-for-drunk-driving.jpg

W

Wild Child

No need for his scripts battery life is good is already scripted for battery life and undervolting. plus his would conflict with mine.

Will this be able to give you a percentage for the battery. Right now I'm using a ROM called stardroid elf im also using killers uv lite script. Can you use killers uv scripts? Cause one thing i like in roms is battery life.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Last edited:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011

1. Extract the zip file

Enjoy!!

Awesome work..

but is this the only % battery available for this rom?

Also WC,thanks for the info Ill be D\L this

speedsri

Oct 14, 2010

1. Extract the zip file

Enjoy!!
Thanku for sharing...

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
Awesome work..

but is this the only % battery available for this rom?

Also WC,thanks for the info Ill be D\L this

Fernandezhjr made a battery also but he hasn't put it up here to download. Look through the threads and see. But to tell you the truth, they aren't difficult to make. I did mine through the uot kitchen. You basically pick out which one you want, submit three files to the kitchen, wait until it's built, download it then flash it.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

he'll post it today sometime....probably still sleeping...

WC

Bzow

Aug 9, 2011
Chicago, IL
First of all, this ROM is great. Very smooth and fast so far, without any issues. Thank you very much for all your hard work.

I do have a couple of questions though. Is there a way to expand the quick settings tab when you pull the status bar down? Also, every time any sound plays, there's a bit of static right after and then a pop. Is anyone else experiencing this?

W

Wild Child

We are working on getting some mods for this build....some of the available ones around the forum may work, but cannot guarantee they wont mess something else up....havent experienced the static or pop you mentioned.....after a month of testing im sure i wouldve gotten a report on it...gotta remember the speaker on the inspire was never meant for beats audio frequencies, turn your volume down a smidgen and see if it helps...sounds are crystal clear on mine....could be your speaker going bad....:cool:

First of all, this ROM is great. Very smooth and fast so far, without any issues. Thank you very much for all your hard work.

I do have a couple of questions though. Is there a way to expand the quick settings tab when you pull the status bar down? Also, every time any sound plays, there's a bit of static right after and then a pop. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
This is a battery with percentage. It is the green stock looking one with the yellow and red low warning colors. The yellow and red colors also flash during charging. The zip also adds flip animation. If you don't want the flip animation, just disable animation in display settings. The first file is for the 3.0 base and the second for the 3.5 base. Flash in recovery, mount system first.

edit: zip for 3.5 has been updated for the newest base on 1-3-12.

Last edited:
Reactions: speedsri and Bzow

Bzow

Aug 9, 2011
Chicago, IL
We are working on getting some mods for this build....some of the available ones around the forum may work, but cannot guarantee they wont mess something else up....havent experienced the static or pop you mentioned.....after a month of testing im sure i wouldve gotten a report on it...gotta remember the speaker on the inspire was never meant for beats audio frequencies, turn your volume down a smidgen and see if it helps...sounds are crystal clear on mine....could be your speaker going bad....:cool:

The speaker could certainly be going bad, but I don't think that's the case. This has only shown up with one other ROM, and it's been fine with a couple of other Beats Audio ROMs. The thing is, it doesn't only happen with music, it also happens after every SMS notification as well (at the lowest volume).

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
The speaker could certainly be going bad, but I don't think that's the case. This has only shown up with one other ROM, and it's been fine with a couple of other Beats Audio ROMs. The thing is, it doesn't only happen with music, it also happens after every SMS notification as well (at the lowest volume).

I don't think it is the speaker neither. Which rom did you flash? From what I have been reading in other threads, when the popping sound manifests itself, it is due to the kernel. If you haven't flashed a different kernel, then maybe it was a bad flash. You could try reflashing. Also, make sure you don't restore any system data using an app like Titanium Backup, or such, with this base. I did experience some glitches when doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what gmurphy said x2

Some mods for the new 3.5 base (1.22.461.2). You can flash battery mods on top of network mods and vice-versa. If it hasn't been said enough - YOU MUST FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY BEFORE FLASHING THESE. The ROM flashes stock recovery, which won't allow you to do this. Let me know if I screwed any icons up. I did test them all and they all flashed successfully - but I do get confused easily. Thanks UOT Kitchen for Battery mods.

Stock% Battery
    Stock.PNG

Circle% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Circle.PNG

Digital% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Digital.PNG

3G+ instead of H+
    3G%25252B.png

4G instead of H+
    4G.png

H instead of H+
    H.png
    OK, so I think I'm learning something now. I honestly thought you could wreck the phone with a bad flash. Guess I just need to relax.

But "The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right." for a signature would make one think a checksum would be a routine step.

Anyway! The ROM looks genuinely awesome! Guess I'll just close my eyes and flash. :)

WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.3

MD5: 224a7e6f6b516c047145ddc
    This is a battery with percentage. It is the green stock looking one with the yellow and red low warning colors. The yellow and red colors also flash during charging. The zip also adds flip animation. If you don't want the flip animation, just disable animation in display settings. The first file is for the 3.0 base and the second for the 3.5 base. Flash in recovery, mount system first.

edit: zip for 3.5 has been updated for the newest base on 1-3-12.
    And here is my contribution courtesy of the UOT Kitchen. This battery mod is for the new WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.4. Like homeslice said, you MUST flash the custom recovery. I like using the larger numbers for the battery. (old eyes) :)
    Both are modding systemui.apk and framework-res.apk. so whichever you flash last will be what takes affect. You would need to do the battery mod on the framework res.apk found in rctweaks. I'll do it..what battery do you want? Sounds like stock%?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

Here you go. Flash this on top of RCTweaks 2.0 to get H+ and Stock% battery and keep other tweaks. Thanks to UOT kitchen for battery mod.

Note: As previously stated, flashing these tweaks could be undoing changes/tweaks WildChild has made in some system files. This .zip contains the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from RCTweaks (and com.htc.resources from WC's 3.5 ROM) - so any changes WC has made to these first two files are overwritten - as well as a bunch of other files looking at RCTweaks. So Flash AYOR