[General][With VIDEOS & SCREENSHOTS] CyanogenMod 9-RC0-GT-S5830-UNOFFICIAL-BETA9

Search This thread

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
I have no idea, try just a clean flash of beta 9 and then the fix before doing anything else.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

No need to remove old patch!
V2 auto removes old gps patch before installing v2 patch....

No idea why someone gets a bootloop. Most reported boitloops are from ppl with amrulz sd patch. But no idea why they have a bootloop.

I use link2sd works without problems for me.

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5830 mit Tapatalk 2

Millenium3

May 22, 2012
Seoul

No idea why someone gets a bootloop. Most reported boitloops are from ppl with amrulz sd patch. But no idea why they have a bootloop.

Hmm that's weird.. i don't use amrulz sd patch and i use link2sd without problem either...

All i can say is that i have S5830B (Brazilian variant) but i have used CM9 beta 9 without any problem (3G, calls, Wi-Fi, etc work perfectly) and the old GPS patch also worked..

Can't you think of any solution?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-S5830 I think...

Mardon

Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Hmm that's weird.. i don't use amrulz sd patch and i use link2sd without problem either...

All i can say is that i have S5830B (Brazilian variant) but i have used CM9 beta 9 without any problem (3G, calls, Wi-Fi, etc work perfectly) and the old GPS patch also worked..

Can't you think of any solution?

Thanks in advance

Hmm dont know wheres the problem atm. I will take a look in it. Maybe i need to release different patches but well see. At weekend ill release the v3 patch.
Maybe a chance to get your crashdump file?
Or someone else with bootloop can send me crashdump file?
But plz if u send it write your exact device id, useful for me to see if bootloop depends on device.

Last edited:

hmzuleta

Jan 18, 2012
Bogotá
Mardon (or anyone else who uses link2sd), do you know why I get the following error while setting up Link2SD: "mount error: invalid argument"? I have the latest BusyBox, and I'm 100% certain the ext4 partition works perfectly; I used it on GB without any issues.

Mardon

Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Mardon (or anyone else who uses link2sd), do you know why I get the following error while setting up Link2SD: "mount error: invalid argument"? I have the latest BusyBox, and I'm 100% certain the ext4 partition works perfectly; I used it on GB without any issues.

What for u installed busybox? I installed link2sd as 1st app on cm9 beta9. Btw you sure its a ext4 partition on sd? If you format sdext via cwm youll get ext3 instead.

hmzuleta

Jan 18, 2012
Bogotá
What for u installed busybox? I installed link2sd as 1st app on cm9 beta9. Btw you sure its a ext4 partition on sd? If you format sdext via cwm youll get ext3 instead.

I used GParted on my Ubuntu machine.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

try repartion back your ext4...that should work..

I hate making partitions on my ultra-slow Class 4 card, but hell, I got nothing to lose.

Millenium3

May 22, 2012
Seoul
Hmm dont know wheres the problem atm. I will take a look in it. Maybe i need to release different patches but well see. At weekend ill release the v3 patch.
Maybe a chance to get your crashdump file?
Or someone else with bootloop can send me crashdump file?
But plz if u send it write your exact device id, useful for me to see if bootloop depends on device.

Sorry for being ignorant :D but what exactly is a crashdump file..? And how to find?

Sorry i am almost new to Android development...

-Light-

Jun 10, 2012
Kathmandu
Is it problem with you on cm9 with amarullz script and tried to install the patch??
I think we need to somehow disable the script before applying patch but i dont know how and if it is the problem!
And i dnt think deleting the file 40ad2sdx helps it gave me boot loop once need a way to disable it in my opnion!!
Any explanations??

guys i was talking about disabling amrullz script b4 applying patch not removing old gps patch or sth like tht!!
mardon is amarullz script the prblm?? and any way you know to dissable it!??

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Crashdump was maybe wrong word. I mean logcat. You can pull logcat via adb if possible.

Since he said he was new to Android, this is a tutorial I found for you.

Here's how to use logcat:
There are two main ways to do a logcat, within android, and through adb.
Logcat within android can be done one of two ways, through a Logcat app:
Here are two good examples are either: aLogcat or Catlog
I prefer catlog, because in my opinion it has a little bit nicer UI. Both of these programs can dump their logs to a txt file, which is very useful for debugging. Or, you can do it in terminal emulator (same rules as running through adb(see below))

From Moscow Desire:

On the other hand, using adb to run logcat, in my opinion is much more useful, because you can start using it when android boots (i.e. once the boot animation appears.)

The code for logcat to output to a file is
Code:
adb logcat > name of problem.txt
you can also do
Code:
adb logcat -f name of problem.txt
how I prefer to do it is this way:
Code:
adb logcat -v long > name of problem.txt
with the -v flag & the long argument, it changes output to long style, which means every line of logcat will be on its own line (makes it a little neater, imo)
Note: When outputting to a file, you will see a newline, but nothing printed, this is normal. To stop logcat from writting to a file, you need to press ctrl+c.

Here's where using logcat (via adb makes life really easy)
Lets say you find a problem you're having after looking at a logcat.

For example:
When I was trying to use a different ramdisk, wifi wouldn't work so I got a logcat that's almost 1300 lines long (a lot of stuff happens in the background)

So if you are searching for an error in the logcat file (it's always e/ for error, f/ for fatal. Those are the two main things that will break a system.)

Code:
D/dalvikvm(  871): GC_CONCURRENT freed 472K, 6% free 10224K/10823K, paused 1ms+6ms
V/AmazonAppstore.DiskInspectorServiceImpl(  871): Available blocks: 21981, Block size: 4096, Free: 90034176, Threshold: 5242880, withinThreshold? true
D/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Received action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
W/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Confused about why I'm running with this intent action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
D/dalvikvm(  890): GC_CONCURRENT freed 175K, 4% free 9375K/9671K, paused 2ms+3ms
V/AmazonAppstore.ReferenceCounter(  871): Reference (MASLoggerDB) count has gone to 0. Closing referenced object.
E/WifiStateMachine(  203): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon 
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): runUpdateCommand doInBackground started.
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Running UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateCommand(  871): Not updating key: digitalLocker from: 1334228488057
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Finished UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Running UpdateCommand: serviceConfig
V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB(  871): performLogMetric: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onCreate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB(  871): onBackgroundTaskSucceeded: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onCreate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
W/CommandListener(  118): Failed to retrieve HW addr for eth0 (No such device)
D/CommandListener(  118): Setting iface cfg
D/NetworkManagementService(  203): rsp 
D/NetworkManagementService(  203): flags 
E/WifiStateMachine(  203): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native daemon to interface setcfg - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface setcfg eth0 0.0.0.0 0 [down]} failed with code 400 : {Failed to set address (No such device)}
W/PackageParser(  203): Unknown element under : supports-screen at /mnt/asec/com.android.aldiko-1/pkg.apk Binary XML file line #16
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): wpa_supplicant v0.8.x
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): random: Trying to read entropy from /dev/random
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Initializing interface 'eth0' conf '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'wext' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Reading configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): ctrl_interface='eth0'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): update_config=1
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Line: 4 - start of a new network block
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): key_mgmt: 0x4
(mind you, that's 29 lines out of 1300ish, just for example)

I then could do the following with logcat:
Code:
adb logcat WifiStateMachine:E *:S -v long > name of problem.txt

and this will only print out any errors associated with WifiStateMachine, and anything which is fatal, which makes it about a million times easier to figure out what's going on!

In WifiStateMachine:E, the :E = to look for Errors, the full list of options is as follows:
V — Verbose (lowest priority)
D — Debug
I — Info (default priority)
W — Warning
E — Error
F — Fatal
S — Silent (highest priority, on which nothing is ever printed)

You can replace the :E with any other letter from above to get more info.
In order to filter out anything other than what you are looking for (in this case, WifiStateMachine) you must put a *:S after your last command (i.e. WifiStateMachine:E ThemeChoose:V ... ... AndroidRuntime:E *:S)

Sources: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/logcat.html
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

Update for windows users:
Thank go to FuzzyMeep Two, Here's what he's posted for windows

(If you used his tool, here's his post, thank him for his work!)

Reactions: Millenium3

Mardon

Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
So does that mean that A-GPS works?

U still need the 2 lines in build.prop file for agps but most users will have them already added i think. Hard to write a script which checks presence of these 2 lines in build prop and add them if they are not present. Still working on it. But since some users reported bootloops with v2 patch i decided to release v3 today without build.prop chexk and add script inside. Not enough time today for it. Relaxing in my pool now :D

side_effect

Dec 30, 2011
U still need the 2 lines in build.prop file for agps but most users will have them already added i think. Hard to write a script which checks presence of these 2 lines in build prop and add them if they are not present. Still working on it. But since some users reported bootloops with v2 patch i decided to release v3 today without build.prop chexk and add script inside. Not enough time today for it. Relaxing in my pool now :D

Can any one can check and tell if this adds those two lines without problem?
I modified mardon's updater script.

Attachments

• A-GPS.zip
    156 KB · Views: 6

Mardon

Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Can any one can check and tell if this adds those two lines without problem?
I modified mardon's updater script.

In your script is no check if these lines r already present in build.prop!
So if it work this script will add the lines everytime you flash it via cwm!
Thats not good. We need a check if these lines r already present!

Last edited:

Mardon

Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
correct,but does it matters even if it rewrites them:confused:

Yes a check is needed! A script which just add these lines is easy but much users update the patches and this will add these lines again and again thats the reason why i wanna have a check in script. Otherwise i woud have it released in the way you did it. But i dont want it this way!
We have not much space left in system and doubled lines will decrease system space.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Friends this is a general section for the CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS

Why This Thread is for:
    1. All the General topic discussion for CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS
    2. All the General bugs n fixes for CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS

Aim Of this Thread is:
    1. Keep the developer's thread clean n spam free.
    2. Let the developers do their good work peacefully without any disturbance cause by non-developer members.

Download:
    BETA-9 build AVAILABLE HERE. ;)

Galaxy Ace Running ICS CM9 beta 3 Android 4.0.3 Video :

Galaxy Ace Running ICS CM9 beta 2 Android 4.0.3 Video :

Install Guide Video:

Screenshots of CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS-KANG-alpha3:

Screenshots of CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS-KANG-alpha3:

43873868.png
    11973927.jpg
    98261384.jpg

30166041.jpg
    73552719.jpg
    85055160.jpg

16358254.jpg
    21375485.jpg
    23446293.jpg

screenshot2012021517201.png
    68617488.jpg
    32028973.jpg

screenshot2012021517284.png
    screenshot2012021517235.png
    screenshot2012021517213.png

30331024.png
    78816529.jpg
    75080274.jpg
    In next CM9 release, we're gonna get CM9 stock camera with all settings(except video rec and panorama) instead of MaclawStudios camera app! :D
    Wayland_Ace has fixed it!!
    Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi, first i can see that i am the only one on this, and i am sure that some things may be accept critics but i am really, really frustrated with this monopoly in the devs.
    I just did a data wipe of beta1 of cm10, which i have to do because the release dosent work with Link2sd and the dalvik chache link to SD. I must be blind o not understand english but in the changelog the devs say the process work (or if am wrong they dosent say in the part of know bugs that this aspect of the ROM is not working).
    I can accept that there is no bugzilla or bug tracker, no GPS/APGS, nor a good working camera, and i can take most of the annoing bugs (wich i did for a long time), but relasing a Beta wich dosent works and beahave like and Alpha2 is something I must point out.
    One thing is to shout to people this is Dev or WiP stuff!!, and no guarentee to work; other things is to say: this work, that dosent.On download and try it only to find out that the things that should work do it half the time o in certain configuration/moments.
    I dont expect devs to change or do something (i dont even except a working CM10 at this time, heck to my is to soon to release something), and i dont expect devs to own me something, I just want the guys to be honest, take their time, and if something can be done say it, and if it cant say: look man, we try, here is the code, now anyone can try.
    I really hope that this proyect can me more open source and less something that you have to count to 10 and do a backup before trying it.

Ruy

PS:sorry for the english, i think my keyboard is on strike.
    I'll deal with them later.

Sent from my X8 using xda premium