[OMNIROM] ISSUE - stuck at boot - 20140212-i9100-NIGHTLY

Search This thread

-Furion-

May 31, 2012
Hi everyone !

If you use OMNIROM on your i9100 and you used to update your phone daily, you might be stuck at samsung boot logo since the February 12th nightly update.

Symptoms are a samsung logo bootloop and impossibility to access the recovery. Good point is that the download mode is functional.

To get back your i9100 to life, without flashing a complete Samsung Stock ROM, a solution is to flash a custom kitkat kernel compatible with Odin.

I converted the Gustavo_s kernel ([KERNEL][09/02]Kernel for CM10.2/CM11/Omni 4.4/Slimkat with stweaks support to a .tar file Odin flashable. I hope Gustavo_s will let me share this, I clearly don't want to assign me the merits of his kernel.

This worked for 2 Galaxy S II using OMNIROM and stucked since the update.
You can find the file down bellow. I hope this can be helpfull for people.

1) download the kk-kernel-09-02-TWRP.tar file
2) open Odin
3) click on PDA and select the kk-kernel-09-02-TWRP.tar file
4) put your i9100 in Download Mode (Vol_down + HOME + POWER when it is shut down)
5) connect your phone, and flash it in Odin

:fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• kk-kernel-09-02-TWRP.tar
    5.8 MB · Views: 73

elektropg

Feb 13, 2014
I try that, but i cant instal that kernel or another. In attachment is screenshot of Odin.

Please help... :(

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 99

dompclarke

Oct 9, 2013
I use ODIN v1.85 and have never had issues with my S2!

Shame I didn't find this before I flashed stock ROM to fix mine...

Reactions: Lola_C

elektropg

Feb 13, 2014
I changed computer. On my lap top it wasnt functional, but when i get on work, i used my computer there. And donth try only on one usb port, try on every port on your PC.

nopainwithme

Jul 14, 2013
if you have problems with failed odin flash, you can also try by using Samsung USB driver for mobile phone version 1.5.27.0 : this seems the last driver working for me, newer versions give me problems

idomybest

Apr 12, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Anyone could tell me how long takes to install the Kernel?

I guess Im stuck for around 10mins+ in the installation without error with Odin v1.87

I tried with Odin 3.09 with 1.5.33 and got error, the same error printed here in the topic.

Now, Im trying with Odin 1.87 and 1.5.27 and I think its stuck.

ANyone could help me out?

Thanks in adv,

gsainath4u

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Anyone could tell me how long takes to install the Kernel?

I guess Im stuck for around 10mins+ in the installation without error with Odin v1.87

I tried with Odin 3.09 with 1.5.33 and got error, the same error printed here in the topic.

Now, Im trying with Odin 1.87 and 1.5.27 and I think its stuck.

ANyone could help me out?

Thanks in adv,

Kernel flash should not take more than few minutes... The phone reboots after the flash.
The entire thing should not take more than 5-10 mins.

idomybest

Apr 12, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I dont know what else to do, I did almost everything that is inside the "Odin troubleshooting" topic, except for PIT.

Is there a possibility to be the Bootloader?
I dont know if the Bootloader from Omni ROM 4.4.2 is differente or any kind of

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone !

If you use OMNIROM on your i9100 and you used to update your phone daily, you might be stuck at samsung boot logo since the February 12th nightly update.

Symptoms are a samsung logo bootloop and impossibility to access the recovery. Good point is that the download mode is functional.

To get back your i9100 to life, without flashing a complete Samsung Stock ROM, a solution is to flash a custom kitkat kernel compatible with Odin.

I converted the Gustavo_s kernel ([KERNEL][09/02]Kernel for CM10.2/CM11/Omni 4.4/Slimkat with stweaks support to a .tar file Odin flashable. I hope Gustavo_s will let me share this, I clearly don't want to assign me the merits of his kernel.

This worked for 2 Galaxy S II using OMNIROM and stucked since the update.
    You can find the file down bellow. I hope this can be helpfull for people.

1) download the kk-kernel-09-02-TWRP.tar file
    2) open Odin
    3) click on PDA and select the kk-kernel-09-02-TWRP.tar file
    4) put your i9100 in Download Mode (Vol_down + HOME + POWER when it is shut down)
    5) connect your phone, and flash it in Odin

:fingers-crossed:
    I use ODIN v1.85 and have never had issues with my S2!

Shame I didn't find this before I flashed stock ROM to fix mine...