Verizon lte band 4

Search This thread

typeriz

Dec 10, 2007
In the new radio update to kit kat, did Verizon activate the aws band 4 lte network??

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
I'm curious about this as well.

HTC's spec page for the HTC One max lists "Verizon: 700/AWS MHz" under Network.

I don't know a lot about AWS, but does this indicate hardware capability of our phone?

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
No flashable radios yet and I just havent had time to fastboot the new one. Will try it out tonight. :fingers crossed:

Reactions: typeriz

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
So does that mean it's capable but Verizon hasn't enabled it? I'm not sure how I'd tell the difference on my end. My speeds are hit and miss in the Chicago area, but I figure that could be just because of the population density.
There's an AWS thread in the Verizon S4 section where people are reporting where they are getting band 4 lte. You can check there to see if anyone from Chicago has AWS. There's also instructions on how to check if your on band 4, you can probably check it the same way on this phone.

Reactions: Trooper Thorn

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
There's an AWS thread in the Verizon S4 section where people are reporting where they are getting band 4 lte. You can check there to see if anyone from Chicago has AWS. There's also instructions on how to check if your on band 4, you can probably check it the same way on this phone.

Actually the Samsung method doesn't work for us. It relies on a code that is specific to Samsung (*#0011# ). I tried *#*#4636#*#* but it did not seem to do anything on my One max unfortunately.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Thought it was ##data##... That's what I use. Maybe its just a sprint thing...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app
Yeah I think that's just for Sprint. It does nothing on my Verizon One max.
There is a way to do it on Verizon with script manager I believe.

Installed the new radio only on my Verizon Max. Can't say it is particularly faster ( based on speed tests). It keeps starting at 60 Mbps for upload then hangs and drops to about 5 Mbps final. Maybe its my firewall or any other number of protective mods I have going on my Max.

barrygeorge001001

Jan 17, 2008
In build.prop change or add these if they dont exist

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.telephony.lteOnGSMDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9

Also open the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file, is a boolean variable “sku_id”. Change the value of “sku_id” to the t-mobile one.

The t-mobile one is 11

Then save the file, and reboot your device.

Last edited:

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Anyone confirm this working. This is like a urban myth among st phones..

dwest3784

Oct 12, 2008
Evansville
Anyone confirm this working. This is like a urban myth among st phones..

I have gotten 4g LTE with this method I guess...I never did get the one value with the "sku id" (never could find it) so I downloaded an app from the play store called Network and just changed it, I would get LTE for about an hour then it would just crap out so I just use 3G and HSPA with the 1900 band.

gnexuser

Sep 4, 2013
I would be interested in knowing how to enable this. big red just turned on the 4g in my area with in the last year. so i am curious if they used a newer style tower capable of the band 4 or not,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the new radio update to kit kat, did Verizon activate the aws band 4 lte network??

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I don't believe the hardware is capable of it. My S4 is but my One isn't. I'm pretty sure the max is the same as the one

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No flashable radios yet and I just havent had time to fastboot the new one. Will try it out tonight. :fingers crossed:
    So does that mean it's capable but Verizon hasn't enabled it? I'm not sure how I'd tell the difference on my end. My speeds are hit and miss in the Chicago area, but I figure that could be just because of the population density.