[Q] Kayboard Dock USB port

Search This thread

ciscozest

Jan 3, 2013
I just bought USB type A to Type A cable with hope to be able to view the share folder in my Asus TF700 via keyboard dock however I could not get it work. These are the tests:
1. use USB type A to type A cable connected between tf700 keyboard dock's USB port and my PC USB -> NOT working, unable to detect any storage folder
2. use portable HDD and connect it to the tf700 keyboard dock's USB port - NO PROBLEM. the TF700 is able to detect my USB storage
3. use the original USB charger (40 pin) cable from Asus and connect the other end (USB) to my PC. NO PROBLEM it works and this is how I transfer the files so far.

Does anyone know if the test 1 above should work?
thanks

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I do not think it should work, because the USB port on (y)our dock is a USB Host -- it's designed to make USB memory and external harddisks available to the system, not the other way around. That's why the 40-pin interface does that. ;)

Reactions: ciscozest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do not think it should work, because the USB port on (y)our dock is a USB Host -- it's designed to make USB memory and external harddisks available to the system, not the other way around. That's why the 40-pin interface does that. ;)