Can't get correct weather information from yahoo

Search This thread

k1silver

Dec 17, 2012
Please see the attached screenshots.
The screenshot with 3 widgets on the home screen: The top one is Yahoo Weather's widget, the middle is Cyanogenmod Lockclock, and the bottom is Zopper. For both Cyanogenmod Lockclock and Zooper, Yahoo is selected as the weather provider.
As you can see, Zooper cannot get correct weather information from Yahoo, even the location (Kobe, Japan in this case) is correctly recognized.

When I open the Yahoo weather in web browser without enabling Location of my phone, my location is recognized as "Japan, Japan" as attached screenshot, and the weather information of "Japan, Japan" is same as what I can see in Zooper widget. It seems that Zooper cannot send correct locality information (WOEID?) to Yahoo Weather.

Of course I know I have other options of weather provider in Zooper ("Open Weather Map" and "Yr.no"), however Yahoo is most accurate in weather forecast at least here in Japan. This is not unique for me but many users in Japan are in the same situation. Some of them e-mailed this issue to Zooper support team, but no one can find out how to solve this issue. (For my case I was only advised to change the weather provider.)

Is this unique for Japan? Is there any possibility to solve this?

Screenshot_2014-02-11-00-04-52.jpg

Screenshot_2014-02-11-00-04-47.jpg