Front camera not aligned properly in phone. Anyone else?

Search This thread

Dawei87

Jul 5, 2012
I know this seems like a pretty small thing to be concerned about, but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has this issue or if they have resolved it. The front camera on my nexus 5 is not aligned properly when looking at the lens through the opening in the glass.

u6amahe5.jpg

It doesn't affect pictures taken with the camera but it is off centered so much the lens is almost partially hidden and it is very noticeable. At first I thought I could live with it but I had some free time and just for fun decided to open it up and see if I could move the camera at all and I found that the whole board/bracket that the camera mounts to is out of alignment and am now wondering if that is something to worry about.

y6eneper.jpg

I also have a slightly loose power button and wonder if maybe the board being out of alignment could be the cause of that as well. Other than the power button and the front camera I have not noticed any other ill effects. Anyone else have this issue or input?

LMedina270

Dec 1, 2013
Torreón
Ocd?

Your ocd is freaking you out? Maybe you should send it back to Google to fix that but it's a waste of time, and about the power button I have the same problem and you can solve it putting a little piece of paper between the button and the eboard

Dawei87

Jul 5, 2012
I'm definitely not feeling that worried about it. Like I said, everything seems to be working fine and I only bothered to open it up because I was bored and I thought it would be a fun project. I was mostly just surprised to see that the whole board inside the phone was out of alignment and not just the camera and was curious as to whether or not this was common. I did end up wedging some paper in between the power button and it seems to have alleviated that problem. As for the camera, it's a shame it doesn't seem I can fix it but I don't think it will really bother me.