Chinese IME for HTC s620 wm6 ROM

Search This thread

sagementor

Oct 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I flashed my C720W with S620 and Roger's English ROM which built in with XT9. I manage to install Chinese font to view webpages and messages with Chinese. However I did not find a good way to input Chinese. All I need is a STROKE IME for Traditional Chinese.

1) I cannot found Xt9 Chinese
2) I tried to extract some files from the asia ROM for Keytouch IME, but failed to manage the registry setting and cannot make it work.
3) I tried to install CE-Star Smartphone 2.8, it does not work!!
4) I tried to install Plum IME (PlumSIP5_SP1), I can type Chinese with the number keys, but the key mapping is not for my QWERT keyboard.

Anyone have a solution?

sagementor

Oct 22, 2006
Hong Kong
seu2002,

which ce-star version? i installed the trial from splife.com. i see the chinese letter "centre" on the bar, but i don't know how to change the ime.

sagementor

Oct 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I cannot switch to Chinese IME in CE-star. When I press FN-SPACE, it still pops up the XT9 IME menu. There is no option for a Chinese IME.

Last edited:

seu2002

May 27, 2007
Nanjing
the newest version, that it 2.8R3a.
hold Fn when u press space to change between system T9 and CE-Star,
hold(long press) Fn to call the menu.

anything u don't understand, u can reply or PM me:) glad to find someone here who use chinese:)

sagementor

Oct 22, 2006
Hong Kong
when i press Fn+Space, it pops up the usual XT9 menu (small as the one before i install CE-star). the menu shows

1 XT9 English
2 ABC
3 Language ->
-> 1 French
-> 2 English
4 About XT9

I am using Roger's ROM.

sagementor

Oct 22, 2006
Hong Kong
i cold-booted my phone, and installed the version downloaded from http://www.mobem.com. now i can read and type chinese. i think the chinese pack i was using is not compatiable with ce-star. anyway...

but now i have another problem. the ce-star works well after i freshly installed it. after a few restart, it creates a problem. i cannot read any SMS and email, the screen turns blank, and i cannot even type a new message. i am pretty sure it is caused by ce-star. my phone goes back to normal after i uninstall the ce-star. there is a post in another forum talking about the same problem.

http://www.pumb.org/viewthread.php?tid=31898&page=52#pid453639

have you got this experience? how did you solve it?

thank you!

seu2002

May 27, 2007
Nanjing
i cold-booted my phone, and installed the version downloaded from http://www.mobem.com. now i can read and type chinese. i think the chinese pack i was using is not compatiable with ce-star. anyway...

but now i have another problem. the ce-star works well after i freshly installed it. after a few restart, it creates a problem. i cannot read any SMS and email, the screen turns blank, and i cannot even type a new message. i am pretty sure it is caused by ce-star. my phone goes back to normal after i uninstall the ce-star. there is a post in another forum talking about the same problem.

http://www.pumb.org/viewthread.php?tid=31898&page=52#pid453639

have you got this experience? how did you solve it?

thank you!

Frankly speaking, ce-star is not that perfect, it has some annoying bugs:mad:

According to my experience, if u run some new soft or go to some menu that u haven't been to before, catastrophe may occur, which means ur device just freeze. Acctually, u needn't uninstall it, just reboot, if there is no response, just pull out battery and boot. Don't worry, it's OK. It'll be fine after u done this for some times:D

btw, I feel angry for paying $25 for that ****!!!
If I could buy a new device, I definitely will choose a PPC released in asia so as to get rid of that **** forever!!!

sagementor

Oct 22, 2006
Hong Kong
actually my phone was bought in HK with a Chinese ROM, I just wanted to upgraded it to WM6.

for the CE-Star, I solved the problem by removing the DynaNls.lnk from \windows\startup" folder, then manually run the CE-Star program.

seu2002

May 27, 2007
Nanjing
Hi,mate. My phone is also come from HK with CSL 1010 brand:D
I have tried ur method before, it cannot get rid of the freeze bug. Just wait, it will happen some days later:D
Maybe tomorrow, who knows

Last edited:

tablerone

Jan 22, 2012
MOD EDIT: Please use English as per rule 4. Google translate can help.

Code:
Try doing a clean install. I made it yesterday and I solved little problems similar to yours that had long been suffering.

Sent from the bottom with Antonio

Prueba a hacer una instalación limpia. Yo la hice ayer y se me solucionaron problemillas parecidos al tuyo que llevaba tiempo sufriendo.

Enviado desde el fondo del mar con Antonio

Last edited by a moderator: