Aluminum bumper for $65 down to $18

Search This thread

nixonpjoshua

Nov 8, 2010
Got the silver one a long time ago, reduces my by range a bit but my its still fine for my headphones. Love how much class and heft it gives the phone

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

JohnnyKushi

Mar 28, 2012
Mission Viejo
Just ordered one. The pics in this thread sold me. I plan to use it with an extended battery. Has anyone here experienced any issues with the secondary mic being covered with this bumper?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Last edited:

nash2018

May 19, 2012
The main design aesthetic in the galaxy s2 is firstly its screen and then its slim and sleekness...

Why would you go and get an aluminium case?

shoobiedoobiiwhompwop

Feb 5, 2012
are the ones that aren't branded sweetarmor on ebay a decent equivalent ?
I want to get my brother one of these I know he will like it

JohnnyKushi

Mar 28, 2012
Mission Viejo
are the ones that aren't branded sweetarmor on ebay a decent equivalent ?
I want to get my brother one of these I know he will like it

I would look at the pictures really carefully before buying anything off ebay. Maybe even contact the seller and ask for some more pictures. What sold me on this particular bumper are the pictures people posted earlier in the thread. I've heard good things about the Taurus bumper which is similar to this but I've seen on ebay some aren't branded at all and alot are branded ikuba which is a bit of an unknown to me.

It's simple because I like it the way it is...

Well as long as you accept that it is your own personal liking that dictates what you put on your phone you should be able to accept that everyone has their own personal likings.

Last edited:

JohnnyKushi

Mar 28, 2012
Mission Viejo
I just got this bumper in the mail today and I really enjoy that I can put it on and still use my extended battery. There is a small but noticeable gap between the front and back pieces on the bottom of the bumper and the back battery door is a bit hard to remove due to overlap. Also I was kind of confused by a previous poster who said the edges were a bit sharp but after receiving the product I know exactly what he meant. The only drawback I see is if I'm ever madly intoxicated I might scratch myself when I put the phone to my ear. I plan to do a little work on it with a dremel or something similar and I'll report is anything changes. As it stands I would say this product is fully worth its cost, just not as quite as good as you'd expect something that was once priced at 65$ according to the OP. Then again, prices get dropped for a reason. I still intend to use this bumper everyday and objectively I'm happy with my purchase, I'm just not sure if I'd recommend this bumper.

Last edited:

JohnnyKushi

Mar 28, 2012
Mission Viejo
I might buy one it's down to $15 and I love the aluminum look

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

There are some really good pics earlier in this thread that mght help you decide if this bumper is the right thing for you. After having it on for about a day I can say personally I like it alot but it does add some thickness and heft to the phone. However so did my extended battery and just like my extended battery I enjoy its functionality enough to use it every day. I would recommend this bumper to anyone using an extended battery and still looking to protect their phone. In addition to protection I feel that this case lessened the camel hump that the extended battery caused making it slightly more aesthetically pleasing to me. Of course that's a personal opinion and I never really disliked the hump in the first place. Here are some pictures of the bumper on my phone with the extended battery in. Also I mentioned in my earlier post that there was some overlap preventing me from getting the back off easily but after taking the bumper off and putting it back on I've had no such issues. There are a couple things I think could have caused this but most likely human error in putting the bumper on the first time.

EDIT: I've since using this bumper noticed a massive lag in gps and sometimes an outright failure to work. This issue has been addressed earlier in this thread with mixed testimony but I figure never hurts to add my own. I'll be looking for another bumper I like as much to replace this one because of this issue but I retain my position that the product was worth the purchase price.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338513635473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338513635473.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 559
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338513661033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338513661033.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 558
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338513819093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338513819093.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 547
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338513895431.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338513895431.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 537
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338513922060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338513922060.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 503
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338513955228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338513955228.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

lovehoshi

Nov 28, 2010
ATL
I'll sell mine to whoever wants it...It's not really used much and is in pretty good condition. I'm not using it cause I got another case. Message me :)

P.S. It looks identical to the bumper pictures above my post.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you guys remember the all aluminum bumper available on ebay for $65? well the silver one is down to a much more palatable $18. just ordered mine and it should be in in a week are two. unfortunately the black one is still $65. links are below.

Silver:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-PREM...ccessories&hash=item3cc015e263#ht_2335wt_1139

Black: (reference)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-PREMI...ccessories&hash=item3cc015de5e#ht_2335wt_1139

EDIT:
    ok so i've had the case for a couple weeks and have had time to thoroughly examine it...
    IMO it is a beautiful case, it does make the phone larger much like every other case. at first it does feel larger because it has a wider girth than most other cases. you will get people to comment saying "thats a big phone" it happens alot lol
    the edges near the screen are actually a little sharp, the company didn't smooth the edges very well. its not gonna cut you or anything like that but it is noticible for the first few days, much like its size. another con is that many 3.5mm headphone cable don't fit well if they are very wide cables...the headphones i use and the aux cord in my car fit without a problem but the one in my mom's car (tape to 3.5mm adapter) does not fit, nor does the one i use to play music on my home theatre system.

it is a beautiful case and adds a good amount of weight, both giving it a more premium feel...overall i'm happy and will suggest it to anyone. with the only con being that some headphones may not fit, all other you can easily get over. i bought the silver one and mixed it with a blue brushed aluminum textured skin from skinit.com, and it looks sexy haha

i like it, but if you want a small case that you'll barely notice, i'd choose a different case
    I just ordered mine in black, have the drill bit ready to make the secondary mic hole.:D
    I wanna know this also. I will wait for someone's feedback first.

check out this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308763

the last comment on the first page addresses your concern, it is post number 10
    Here's my black case.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Did you guys get the tools to take it apart? I just got the case but no way to take the screws out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

It just needs Allen keys.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium