Root LG Nitro HD Att ICS (Works like a Charm)

Search This thread

reddevil_sen

May 7, 2012
Bangalore
Hi Guys,

This is my 1st thread to guide you to correct resource rather as many of us have struggled to root the AtT ICS version ROMs.

I was on leaked iCS v18f installed immediately when available, struggled hard to root it.. Tsparky, Doomlord, SuperOneClick, manual root,. No go for more than a couple of months.. Found the Bin4ry root method: :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Worked in 1st attempt.
Thought it should work on V20c as well,, upgraded to v20c.. rooted in 1st attempt again (no surprise there)
UI is smooth as silk and response is awesome..

Right now Rooted, no-frills CPU, ADW Launcher Ex and Network Selection Tweak by -ReaL-. (as the *#*#4636#*#* code to choose network selection is removed on V20c) THANKS A LOT..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1823399

My Phone is a like a ripe cherry for the 1st time and I am jus loving it...

Thanks to all the mods and developers..

NOTE: Confirmed working on both ICS versions V18f and v20C, single attempts, though doesnt work on Gingerbread as explained in the linked post.

Last edited:

seanster138

Dec 18, 2012
Doesnt work

I tried the method provided, and i followed the instructions and no luck for me with my LG nitro, with stock ICS on it

reddevil_sen

May 7, 2012
Bangalore
Device detection

Make sure USB Debugging under "Development section" and Unknown Sources under "Security" are selected.

Launch the "command prompt" as Administrator. Make sure it lists your mobile phone when you run the command "stuff\adb devices" U r good to go..

If it doesn't, then the drivers are not installed properly, check in Device Manager there are no unknown devices or devices with yellow exclamation marks etc.. Make sure drivers are installed properly. The above condition should be met to root your device.

Please go through the video tutorial in the link attached for Bin4ary root method

reddevil_sen

May 7, 2012
Bangalore
Attn Mods

Hi MODs,

If you think this should not be as a separate thread, please merge this with any existing thread about rooting P930 with AT&T ICS

Thanks..

alloosh

May 7, 2011
Works like a charm

Many thanks, it took me 5 minutes to download and root my nitro(official ICS).

I recommend making this thread as sticky thread for rooting.

Scotsman828

May 17, 2009
It works but you don't have full root, SU and CWM can be install but when I attempt to boot into recovery, I get the boot certification error. Damn LG for subscribing to the Secure Boot fad, started by Micro$oft. I have the LG MultFlash Tool, where can I download a Stock AT&T Gingerbread firmware?

Reactions: TheCrow1372

Hutch89

Jun 3, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Check in one of the various unbricking threads there you will find all the files and instructions required. Good luck

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

Scotsman828

May 17, 2009
Anyone else get the same result on V20C, after rooting and flashing CWM cannot reboot into Recovery Mode? It just boots into Fastboot because of boot certificate error. Anyone have an ADB solution that can work in Fastboot?

Hutch89

Jun 3, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Anyone else get the same result on V20C, after rooting and flashing CWM cannot reboot into Recovery Mode? It just boots into Fastboot because of boot certificate error. Anyone have an ADB solution that can work in Fastboot?

Okay, once again. YOU HAVE TO UNBRICK NOW. LOOK IN ONE OF SEVERAL UNBRICKING GUIDES FOR OUR DEVICE TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE. Sorry but there is simply no way around it.

reddevil_sen

May 7, 2012
Bangalore
CWM wont work on ICS for now

Unbrick to flash CWM... only way coming from V20C. If there was a simpler way it would have probably been posted, but there's not.

Yes, u r right,, CWM does not run on ICS, either V18f, V20(X) versions.. it would cause issues if u try CWM on ICS.. hence we have so many guides to go back to Stock GB, install CWM and install Custom ROMs, kernels etc

The thread is to get instructions to root your ICS P930.. so that we could install applications that need Root access...

Last edited:

Scotsman828

May 17, 2009
Ok thanks, was attempting to just use LG Flash Tool to flash Gingerbread rom but the DLL that I have is for UPGRADE. I need a DLL to allow Downgrade, Looks like I have days of aggravation :eek: ahead to get CM10 on my Nitro.

Reactions: Xavi202

Scotsman828

May 17, 2009
Just followed the Unbricking Guide
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1597488
once I got 10F.KDZ flashed, I ran SuperOneClick 2.3.2 to get root (make sure USB Debugging and Unknown Sources are checked and also make sure your computer has Microsoft's .NET 3.5 installed, I ran into a problem getting SuperOneClick to run without it) once rooted, I was able to side load an updated GooglePlay.apk, then downloaded ROM Manager, rebooted into recovery. I did discover that the current recovery cannot see SDCards larger than 2 Gigs, because it could not detect my 16 Gig card. So I used a 1 GIg card with CyanogenMod 10.0.0-P930.zip, did a wipe of all the partitions and Dalvik Cache. then installed CM10. After CM10 installed I flashed the AT&T baseband back into the phone using ADB. My Nitro looks awesome now. Had to download the latest gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip and flashed with ROM Manager. One last thing once CWM Recovery is flashed to your phone, to get into it manually, simply hold the volume down + power until you see the screen asking you if you want to factory reset, click the power button confirming, instead of hard reset it will load CWM Recovery.:good:

latif sachal

May 31, 2012
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I am using lg-su 640 with android 2.3.5. Can this thing work for that mobile???? pls help me . I tried evry thing to get root access... bt i failed again and again..... pls reply
Sent from my LG-SU640 using xda app-developers app

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes, u r right,, CWM does not run on ICS, either V18f, V20(X) versions.. it would cause issues if u try CWM on ICS.. hence we have so many guides to go back to Stock GB, install CWM and install Custom ROMs, kernels etc

The thread is to get instructions to root your ICS P930.. so that we could install applications that need Root access...

And the post that I quoted mentioned having boot problems when trying to flash ClockWorkMod AFTER rooting...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

This is my 1st thread to guide you to correct resource rather as many of us have struggled to root the AtT ICS version ROMs.

I was on leaked iCS v18f installed immediately when available, struggled hard to root it.. Tsparky, Doomlord, SuperOneClick, manual root,. No go for more than a couple of months.. Found the Bin4ry root method: :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Worked in 1st attempt.
    Thought it should work on V20c as well,, upgraded to v20c.. rooted in 1st attempt again (no surprise there)
    UI is smooth as silk and response is awesome..

Right now Rooted, no-frills CPU, ADW Launcher Ex and Network Selection Tweak by -ReaL-. (as the *#*#4636#*#* code to choose network selection is removed on V20c) THANKS A LOT..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1823399

My Phone is a like a ripe cherry for the 1st time and I am jus loving it...

Thanks to all the mods and developers..

NOTE: Confirmed working on both ICS versions V18f and v20C, single attempts, though doesnt work on Gingerbread as explained in the linked post.
    It works but you don't have full root, SU and CWM can be install but when I attempt to boot into recovery, I get the boot certification error. Damn LG for subscribing to the Secure Boot fad, started by Micro$oft. I have the LG MultFlash Tool, where can I download a Stock AT&T Gingerbread firmware?
    Ok thanks, was attempting to just use LG Flash Tool to flash Gingerbread rom but the DLL that I have is for UPGRADE. I need a DLL to allow Downgrade, Looks like I have days of aggravation :eek: ahead to get CM10 on my Nitro.
    The TSparkyRoot tool works first try, every time on all official ICS releases (20c-20f) as well as on the v18 leaked release as well..
    Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and using the 3.6 and/or 3.8 drivers.

TSparkyRoot won't work on the US (AT&T) version of v20c just the Euro version of v20c, but the method in this thread will, just DON'T run the batch file as administrator it won't work, double click, and make sure you are in debug mode and unknown sources are turned on.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Will this root procedure work on a LG Nitro HD P930 running.Android ICS 4.0.4 v20c? updated jun 25/2012

Yes... but if you want to install custom ROM's (CWM) you must follow this guide:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044645