[Q] [HELP] Internal Storage Full - Tried averything, accomplished nothing

Search This thread

SIMPLEFBB

Jan 9, 2013
Hey guys

Since recently, at my Lenovo S820, the Internal Storage Full error is appearing and it seems that I can't do anything to fix it. My internal storage is 2,14 GB (my USB Storage is 1,6 GB and my external sd is 32 GB). I have also noticed that if the internal space is less than 50 MB, some of the phone's processes aren't behaving as they're supposed to, and I can't download anything from the Playstore.

So far I have tried:

- Moving nearly all apps to sd (even facebook and youtube)
- Deleting the \data\tombstones folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the \data\log_other_temp folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the Media Storage data aprox. every 12 hours
- Deleting cache
- Deleting many unwanted files as mentioned in SD Maid app
- Deleting unwanted apps in \system\app

I've done all the above and keep doing them non-stop and I barely make it with 51 mb of internal space (media storage deleted). I just can't seem to find out how the internal space gets full. The other day I moved the keyboard app I use to sd which took 80 mb of space, so I thought the problem was solved, but a few days after the internal storage was FULL again.

Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Theo

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hey guys

Since recently, at my Lenovo S820, the Internal Storage Full error is appearing and it seems that I can't do anything to fix it. My internal storage is 2,14 GB (my USB Storage is 1,6 GB and my external sd is 32 GB). I have also noticed that if the internal space is less than 50 MB, some of the phone's processes aren't behaving as they're supposed to, and I can't download anything from the Playstore.

So far I have tried:

- Moving nearly all apps to sd (even facebook and youtube)
- Deleting the \data\tombstones folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the \data\log_other_temp folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the Media Storage data aprox. every 12 hours
- Deleting cache
- Deleting many unwanted files as mentioned in SD Maid app
- Deleting unwanted apps in \system\app

I've done all the above and keep doing them non-stop and I barely make it with 51 mb of internal space (media storage deleted). I just can't seem to find out how the internal space gets full. The other day I moved the keyboard app I use to sd which took 80 mb of space, so I thought the problem was solved, but a few days after the internal storage was FULL again.

Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Theo

Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard :)

droidshan

Oct 17, 2013

Theo
you might have moved apps to ur external memory but the data might be still in the internal memory. like : whatsapp hav its folder in the internal memory whatsapp folder.did you searched for that? you can also try cleanmaster to get an overview of memory consumed by apps.

SIMPLEFBB

Jan 9, 2013
you might have moved apps to ur external memory but the data might be still in the internal memory. like : whatsapp hav its folder in the internal memory whatsapp folder.did you searched for that? you can also try cleanmaster to get an overview of memory consumed by apps.

Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard :)

Thanks a lot guys! I used Clean Master and I was able to see what was eating up memory! Now I'm gonna try clearing dalvik --> Is it sure that if I clear dalvik no apps will be harmed in any way?

Thanks a lot again!

Swagthoo

Feb 9, 2014
filled internal storage

if the device doesnt have an sd card slo i reccomend just getting a usb otg cable and sticking a usb through the port.

camilledeparis

Jul 6, 2014
What is the "dalvik" ?

I have exactly the same problems. How should I proceed? First, I have to uninstall all my apps? and then clear the cache + install Clean Master. I don't understand what is "dalvik cache"? What should I do?
Many thanks in advance for your answer....:eek:

Angelleyez1980

Nov 11, 2014
new here but I was able to get rid of internal storage problem:)

I went into the very first screen when in rom toobox under root browser and in the data/media i found multiple copies of many large files. But.. Be very careful what you delete in there.

LuisElvis

Dec 1, 2016
Tengo el mismo problema con un Lenovo A916, he hecho todo lo que dice el amigo

Hecho todos los paso que dice el amigo , además de wipe dalvik caché y nada ,me dice memoria interna llena