[MOD]Upgrading OpenGL to 2.0

Search This thread

BeatsByMessi

Dec 4, 2011
Dudley
I can't seem to get it to work on any 2. 3. 7 Rom. Anyone know why?ho

Not sure but I think I saw someone say that the 2.3 roms already have this so obviously by flashing this u won't see a difference because its already there.

I think this is mainly for ics to get it at a decent speed on the hero and I think it may work on 2.1 and 2.2 roms but I'm not 100% so don't hold me to that one

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

lolo7291

Mar 9, 2011
Laval
seems to work well
some improvements with the scrollings in general, which is cool in fact

using rose v5

waiting for a test on zero hero 3.5

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
Over here from the CDMA thread, great work! Hopefully we'll get our ugly cousin of yours running this very soon, still on CM7.2 at the moment for its speed.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

Maranevim

Jun 26, 2008
it has Adreno 130
and i believe that this fix is only useful for ics roms, so dont complain, that it didnt change peroformance in older versions of android

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Over here from the CDMA thread, great work! Hopefully we'll get our ugly cousin of yours running this very soon, still on CM7.2 at the moment for its speed.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

if ur on cm 7.2 this wont make a difference at all considering tat cm 7 already has opengl 2.0 :\ and it'll work straightoff open the zip and u'd know all it does is replace the a lib file considering both phones are pretty much the same specs it should work

hugabu

Nov 22, 2010
can anyone change the build.prop to heroc and change the update script to edify for me? it would be a huge favorrr :D

hugabu

Nov 22, 2010
This will work for HeroC without any changes,there isn't build.prop to change.Or you can unzip the file,copy libs and add 2 lines from local.prop to your build.prop

Ok. But CWM Recovery won't accept the zip as is because of the amend script error. And Amon RA Recovery won't accept the zip because it says the zip is for "hero" instead of "heroc"

snydez

Mar 29, 2010
Hi guys!.Managed to add OpenGL 2.0 driver support to our Heroes.Don't expect any miracles,our GPU can't support everything,that requires 2.0 graphics.The mod increases display performance,gives a high boost to Android 4.0 ROMs(turns on hardware accelerating) and maybe helps in some games.For those,who want to try it,flash attach from CWM Recovery(zip is not signed).In case if something goes wrong or you want to turn it off just delete file data/local.prop

so this OpenGL still cannot make instagram to work isn't it?

___ correction

after i check with the system info, apparently my OpenGL stil 1.1 eventough i managed to flash the OpenGL2.0
any idea why it's not flashed?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!.Managed to add OpenGL 2.0 driver support to our Heroes.Don't expect any miracles,our GPU can't support everything,that requires 2.0 graphics.The mod increases display performance,gives a high boost to Android 4.0 ROMs(turns on hardware accelerating) and maybe helps in some games.For those,who want to try it,flash attach from CWM Recovery(zip is not signed).In case if something goes wrong or you want to turn it off just delete file data/local.prop
    Nice, I want to try this, especially on ICS. Have you tried it on ICS yourself?

Here's a signed one for Amon_RA users
    I can't see any difference on latest CM nightly.

tats because cm nightly's already have open gl 2.0,even decked elelinux and most roms already implement open gl2.0,its only certain builds that dont use opengl 2.0 like zero hero and most 2.2 and below roms...
    I made a signed version on the previous page, that one works on Amon_RA :)
    In your local.prop file the line "ro.opengles.version" was:

Code:
    ro.opengles.version=65537

instead of:

Code:
    ro.opengles.version=131072

meaning that even if this was working, the phone or any app was reading it as an older version and not OpenGL 2.0