Gta vice city ps3 controller

Search This thread

TheEnz53

May 12, 2012
Munich
Hey does anyone know how to change weapons and how to make a drive-by at GTA vice city with a ps3 controller???

Oct 22, 2012
Idiotville, Oregon
Works great!

I am using sixaxis controller on a Nexus 7. I enabled the native gamepad checkbox in the settings and all the buttons work great. When driving I can use L2 or R2 for drive by. And I think R1 switches my weapon. It seems to work just like it would on a real play station.

Reactions: TheEnz53

deek0

Jun 24, 2010
What do you use for aiming? I find it very difficult to lock on or flick through selected targets. Only option seems to be to touch the screen which is a pain during a mission.

FizzleDiz

Jan 19, 2011
Orlando
Ps3 controller and six axis controller app. Turn off native game pad in preferences to avoid problems. Take a screen shot in gta showing onscreen buttons. Load that screen shot in six axis app under Touch emulation. Map buttons to your liking. Working flawlessly here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Oct 22, 2012
Idiotville, Oregon
Something must be different with my version of GTA and Sixaxis because all of the buttons work for me without any issues. Its just like I am playing the game at home on my PS2 except for the fact it's wireless :silly: I have the Enable Gamepad checkbox checked and that's it. Make sure you are using the latest version of Sixaxis.

FizzleDiz

Jan 19, 2011
Orlando
Something must be different with my version of GTA and Sixaxis because all of the buttons work for me without any issues. Its just like I am playing the game at home on my PS2 except for the fact it's wireless :silly: I have the Enable Gamepad checkbox checked and that's it. Make sure you are using the latest version of Sixaxis.

Seems like I jumped the gun then. I think since I didn't see an option in GTA to setup a controller that I just assumed it wasn't supported. It's actually pretty quick to take a screenshot and map out touch control emulation so I did it right away without trying GTAs native support. I'll try it later on and see how it works/compares.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Darkchaser

Mar 17, 2008
www.realdroidgaming.com
Seems like I jumped the gun then. I think since I didn't see an option in GTA to setup a controller that I just assumed it wasn't supported. It's actually pretty quick to take a screenshot and map out touch control emulation so I did it right away without trying GTAs native support. I'll try it later on and see how it works/compares.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Yeah, so much better. You don't need to see the touch controls, and it maps exactly to the ps2 controls.

The lack of a controller configuration is weird, but rockstar did the same with GTA3 and max payne

Sent from my GT-I9300

FizzleDiz

Jan 19, 2011
Orlando
Yeah, so much better. You don't need to see the touch controls, and it maps exactly to the ps2 controls.

The lack of a controller configuration is weird, but rockstar did the same with GTA3 and max payne

Sent from my GT-I9300

Replying a lil late but yea, native gamepad support in gta vc is great. No need to use the emulation like I did before.

sparks7

Mar 19, 2013
Hello, sorry if this seems a bit daft, but can the controls only be changed if rooted?

Basically, I bought a cheap wired controller to use for Vice City, as plugging my Sixaxis controller in via USB drained the battery too much.

My Nexus isn't rooted.

Is there anyway I can amend the buttons, as the wired controller does not correspond to the original buttons? Some buttons don't even have a function.

Cheers.

E

Emiinn

But the buttons change in-game when you get in a car and out a car.. That means you have to make 2 profiles?
I really don't get it.. Gamepad is enabled here too but the keys are different to the PS controls. I really want to change them like PS2/PS3.
Someone knows how or got a profile I can download?

Ps3 controller and six axis controller app. Turn off native game pad in preferences to avoid problems. Take a screen shot in gta showing onscreen buttons. Load that screen shot in six axis app under Touch emulation. Map buttons to your liking. Working flawlessly here.

mcmaster81

Feb 22, 2012
Hello people... I have native gamepad running. Works good. Please give me a list of Controller mapping from orginal ps2 game. And I make a List of Button remaping for native gamepad. I use sixaxis app for a long long time. Edit: dr Google helps me. Found a list of the keys. Make this after sleep ready for all. I am in germany and its late here.

Last edited:
E

Emiinn

Hello people... I have native gamepad running. Works good. Please give me a list of Controller mapping from orginal ps2 game. And I make a List of Button remaping for native gamepad. I use sixaxis app for a long long time. Edit: dr Google helps me. Found a list of the keys. Make this after sleep ready for all. I am in germany and its late here.

hey thanks man, that would be nice if you could make a couple that fits the PS2/PS3. I'll check it here over a few days

mcmaster81

Feb 22, 2012
hello to all people, here is the solution to have orginal ps2 buttons config on android gta vc. self tested and work. here is the tutorial.

1. open sixaxis app and disable touch profiles (set it to none)

2. now open the preferences and go to gamepad settings(2nd entry) and enable native gamepad support.

3. next step we go button remapping in gamepad options menu and edit all buttons as in this list.

Search for the key you want to edit (triangle...) and set it to what i say in the pop up what appears.

Triangle = Y

Circle = B

Square = X

Cross = A

L3 = R3

R3 = L3

Now go back, start GTA VC and enjoy. The buttons for run, shoot and jump works right to ps2 version. the L/R3 exchange is because the sirene and car missions(Police,Fire...) changed.

Backup/Restore

To use gamepad in other games and that make problems you must set back the buttons to orginal. use the same tut but the orginal key

mapping and all will work normal.

Orginal Android Key mapping:

Triangle = B

Circle = Y

Square = A

Cross = X

L3 = L3

R3 = R3

Please give a little bit push of my thanks button.

Tut can be link or else to post one.

p.s. Does anybody need a Button Overview for this game? like... on foot: Cross = Run

on car: Cross = Accelerate

Last edited:
E

Emiinn

Thank you but what about Fifa 14. This games doesn't support gamepad and setting up a map can't because you have 2 images in game.
Buttons change when opponents or you got the ball?

What about this?

MattProv

Aug 13, 2012
Montreal
OnePlus 6T
I use the DS3 controller via latest Sixaxis controller app (gamepad mode) but in GTAVC, the virtual touch controls keep poping up every once in a while?! :-/
Anyone has similar problem??

On a Tab S - stock rooted deodexed lolipop 5.0.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works great!

I am using sixaxis controller on a Nexus 7. I enabled the native gamepad checkbox in the settings and all the buttons work great. When driving I can use L2 or R2 for drive by. And I think R1 switches my weapon. It seems to work just like it would on a real play station.