Screen Security not working. Please help! :D

Search This thread

Hassan_AUS

May 11, 2014
Melbourne
Hi!

I have a rooted Sony Xperia Z, Jellybean 4.3. I am having trouble setting a security lock for my screen. The problem started after I uninstalled the Cyanogen mod on my phone and reverted it back to stock firmware. I re-rooted my device afterwards, using the exact same method I had used before installing the Cyanogen mod (following instructions from Doomlords CWM-based recovery and rooting thread). Now the root works just fine, every other aspect of my phone is working like a dream except for the security lock.

Here is what I do:

Settings > Security > Screen lock > Pattern
I have tried all other locks including PIN and Password but every time I press enter after putting in my pattern/PIN/password, the screen lock does not change from 'Swipe'. My screen lock was working fine on my rooted phone before I installed Cyanogen mod and while it was installed. However, now it seems to be broken.

Is there anything I can do or try to fix this? Thanks a lot for reading and I look forward to your replies!

P.S. I don't really want to install any apps that have a third-party locking system, I would just like to be able to lock my phone as I have usually done it :)

sekac55

Dec 26, 2010
Do a backup of necessary apps and everithing what is for you necessary, next step is to do factory reset and then fresh install of your rom :)

Hassan_AUS

May 11, 2014
Melbourne
Hmm, is that my only option? Is there root application (or any application) I can install that locks my phone in a similar way? That would be more convenient! :D