It wasn't even scratched, abused...

5522449642_91fe5142be_b.jpg

Protection removed

5521859773_ca44b62118_b.jpg

Last edited:

dazzlet

Aug 31, 2009
barnsley
Would this not cause a problem by bits and things going inside thru the hole?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

shorty_blitz

May 26, 2007
The htc hero doesn't have this stupid cover, I removed mine a couple of months after a bought my phone. It does nothing but good!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

e-ignite

Sep 14, 2010
A while ago I read somewhere that you could greatly improve your photographs by removing the small plastic lens cover on your Desire (as suggested above) and replacing it with a cut-out from a photographer's lens filter - these can be really cheap (less than £5 for a 77mm diameter UV filter) and can be cut into several lens-cover-sized pieces. If you get a scratch, you just replace it.

It could also do some interesting things for your photographs, especially if you experimented with different filter effects - polarising, UV, ND etc... could be good fun if you're feeling artistic.

teazgood

Oct 7, 2010
I removed my plastic lens cover a couple of weeks ago, phone spends most of it time in my pocket. No dust build up, and images are so much clearer.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

RaymondScrott

Dec 7, 2008
London
Google Pixel 6
Before you take the lens out try polishing with Displex or similar. Mine was badly scratched and there seems to be a layer of lacquer or something like that that can be removed by polishing.
This has been mentioned elsewhere in the Forum but if you are planning to knock out the lens anyway try it first.

gumbald

Apr 7, 2010
It does seem to have some coating. There's no scratches on mine, but looking through it, it's awful - explains why the camera can be so bad.

Tillus

Jul 12, 2010
Is there a difference in picture quality on different roms, i.e. sense vs. aosp-roms like oxygen?

Aexphoric

Nov 17, 2010
I had heard that it improved the quality but taking the case off everytime I wanted to take a picture wasn't something I wanted to do but after seeing those comparison shots I had no idea it improved it that much, will definitely go experiment with that.

Originalas

Apr 28, 2010
Vilnius
www.topzone.lt
Is there a difference in picture quality on different roms, i.e. sense vs. aosp-roms like oxygen?
yes, Open Desire 3.x is probably one of the better few. Has a lot more camera settings, better auto white balance and autofocus in video mode. 720p recording of course too. Though it's a pretty old ROM based on Android 2.2.

On the other hand, there is no ROMS with a decent camera app on Android 2.3 yet.

hwntw

Jun 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4
OnePlus 8 Pro
yes, Open Desire 3.x is probably one of the better few. Has a lot more camera settings, better auto white balance and autofocus in video mode. 720p recording of course too. Though it's a pretty old ROM based on Android 2.2.

On the other hand, there is no ROMS with a decent camera app on Android 2.3 yet.

there is no ROMS with a decent camera app on Android 4.1 yet

Top Liked Posts