[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

johnmambo

Feb 28, 2012
Guys im using 04/04 build without any issue. Just wondering about trying the 07/04 build. That sound problems that some guys posted here onde 07 build happens to everyone? Any other major problem on the 07 build? And last, will i get any benefit in .27 kernel? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Hi guys, i am thinking of installing cm9 to a colleagues sg2 soon, thing is that he is not so tech savvy and i dont want hen to get into many problems. I read on the last few pages that there seem to be some problems with reboots, and thus id like to ask how the overall stability of cm9 is right now in latest nightly. Sorry for asking, i have read the last few pages but i think i better ask ;-)

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
Hi guys, i am thinking of installing cm9 to a colleagues sg2 soon, thing is that he is not so tech savvy and i dont want hen to get into many problems. I read on the last few pages that there seem to be some problems with reboots, and thus id like to ask how the overall stability of cm9 is right now in latest nightly. Sorry for asking, i have read the last few pages but i think i better ask ;-)

tapatalked from GalaxyS

Nothing related to first few pages now
Just the OP is useful in first few pages
Those posts are like 4 months old

No issues with random reboots,etc
The mentioned in OP are the only know issues for me

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk

tapatalked from GalaxyS

The rom generallyw works fine, just stick to stock CM9 kernel and use the newest nightly, of cause FM radio and HDMI dont work.

There are also some limitations due to the fact that the rom in general is quite young compared to GB, so things are still being smoothed out, ported from GB, or fixed or added.

I haven't had any problems with kernel panics or random reboots, and the people who seem to be having issues are on an older nightly before they where fixed, or using non stock kernels.

(I use a non "stock" as in cm9 kernel, but I also know what im getting myself into, and I dont post kernel related issues on here, actually I have never needed to post about a bug, as I generally read the known issues(!) )

Reactions: ryanboyle2103

miketwn

Aug 25, 2010
Taipei

tapatalked from GalaxyS

its quite stable in my view.......

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Nothing related to first few pages now
Just the OP is useful in first few pages
Those posts are like 4 months old

No issues with random reboots,etc
The mentioned in OP are the only know issues for me

Well wifi direct isn't working yet and its not mentioned in the known issue page.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

johnmambo

Feb 28, 2012
Guys im using 04/04 build without any issue. Just wondering about trying the 07/04 build. That sound problems that some guys posted here onde 07 build happens to everyone? Any other major problem on the 07 build? And last, will i get any benefit in .27 kernel? Thanks.

Anyone? :confused:

njwest

Jan 27, 2011
Colchester
Ok guys i have 2 issues:
1- i wanted to take a timed pic but i couldn't find the timer option in camera!!! Is it possible that it doesn't exist!!! :-O
How can i get it!?
2- is it possible to change the duration after which an app closes when pressing the back button!?! It's too short! Sometimes i want to go back fast a couple of times and it closes the app :-(
I hope this value can be included in next nightly to be able to change it!
(There's somewhere in accessibility options a value that can be set for touch and keep time but that only affect touch on home screen! )

10x

Sent from another CM9ed Galaxy S2

1. No, it's not an option on the stock camera
2. The number of times you press the back button is dictated by how far into the app, as each time you press it you go back ‘one’ in the tree, until you get to the root and it closes. Solution is to go slower so you don't overshoot.

I'm using the CM9-20120402-NIGHTLY-galaxys2. but my problem is happening with all versions I've used so far.

When i'm using some music players like Cloudskipper or DoubleTwist, sometimes, my cellphone reboots by himself. It happens randomly when i'm listening to music.

Theres something i can do to avoid this problem? Or something i can do to view some log and get some error reports?

Well, first thing is to suggest is that you should probably update to the latest nightly. Post the /proc/last_kmsg here for us to peruse.

When in doubt:

1. Make sure you're up to date
2. Wipe everything and try again
3. Post here with relevant kmsg's and logcats and whatnot

No other serious issues have been raised with this, the build is mostly stable now. There won't be any major benefits to going to the .27, but you may as well and get the lovely I'm-up-to-date glow inside! :D

tapatalked from GalaxyS

The build is pretty much stable now. No major bugs (apart from lack of FM radio and TV-Out) and no real instability. I'd rarely advise installing a ROM to someone else's phone. Then, for the rest of that phone's life, you'll be responsible for any problems and you'll be sucked into an endless cycle of tech support...

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Ok guys, thank you for your info, the known issues as mentioned on th-page are no problem for him, we were talking about them earlier. Wifi direct is also a non issue i guess, as this is a feature not present in gb roms at all. Only concern would be stability and as i have good expirience with teamhacksung and codeworkx i thought it should be good but just to be totally sure i asked...

tapatalked from GalaxyS

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Regarding fm radio, do you knoe if spirit-fm is working? I use it with success on my i9000...

tapatalked from GalaxyS

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
1. No, it's not an option on the stock camera
2. The number of times you press the back button is dictated by how far into the app, as each time you press it you go back ‘one’ in the tree, until you get to the root and it closes. Solution is to go slower so you don't overshoot.

Well thx for the reply bro but that's not it! It's closing the app because i have "kill app back button" option enabled in developer settings and it gives me the on-screen notification that it has been closed! It's not an overshoot! It's killing the app because it's considering my pressing many times (3max) on back button as a continuous click!

Sent from another CM9ed Galaxy S2

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
Bump. I'm still having this problem, anyone else notice this or know of a way to fix it? I've attached some screenshots of my system settings and a Craigslist deal which was a 7 minute delay.

Please, does anyone have any idea why push notifications are so delayed? I've been through every menu, searched this forum, google, and poked through xda to no avail. I've changed kernels, radios, nightlies, etc. It used to work fine up until a few weeks ago.

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
I guess the easter vacation just made cdeworkx slow the development a bit.... :) ... he sure deserves it... lets give the guy a couple of days..... this rom is very close to get an RC IMHO....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p