[HACK] Market Hack for Yarvik 10" TAB460 (and others?)

Search This thread

HerrFrosty

Apr 15, 2012
I got as far as trying to install superuser.
At that point I got an error "Error processing purchase", when trying to download superuser.

I use the tab220.

EDIT: I managed to fix that problem.
If any of you have this problem, go to System Settings > Apps > All, look for "Google Play Store" and "Google Services Framework".
Force stop both of them, and clear their data. Then reboot your tablet.

EDIT2: Allright, got it all working on my Tab220. Although I notice a small decrease in performance, might be some process on the background though. Thanks for the hack!

Last edited:

jaumecs

Apr 17, 2012
Yarvik TAB364
Just out-of-box, then appli the 24 miracle-orders, works for me.

Thank's people who make it.

vmat005

Apr 19, 2012
Have you guys downloaded anything larger than, say, 3MB after upgrading to ICS? I'm having trouble downloading stuff to my 460, and I can't remember having any issues in the few days I've used it before the upgrade.

My downloads just get stuck halfway - started either from browser or from 1Mobile Market app.

Thanks,

VMat

MClerigo

Mar 13, 2012
Nope

Have you guys downloaded anything larger than, say, 3MB after upgrading to ICS? I'm having trouble downloading stuff to my 460, and I can't remember having any issues in the few days I've used it before the upgrade.

My downloads just get stuck halfway - started either from browser or from 1Mobile Market app.

Thanks,

VMat

No problems... I download everything, from small to big, without any issue.
If you dont have many personal itens, try to "reflash" it again with LiveSuite and ICS.

Try to download something on another network... (?)

MC

Reactions: Yarvik220

vmat005

Apr 19, 2012
No problems... I download everything, from small to big, without any issue.
If you dont have many personal itens, try to "reflash" it again with LiveSuite and ICS.

Try to download something on another network... (?)

MC

Ok, I'll do that (although I already did a factory reset).

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with the firmware before starting a witch hunt.

Thanks a lot!

VMat

MClerigo

Mar 13, 2012
Flash

Ok, I'll do that (although I already did a factory reset).

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with the firmware before starting a witch hunt.

Thanks a lot!

VMat

Factory reset doesnt "install" ICS again, it simply deletes everything and restores factory defaults.
If you flash again your ROM with Yarvik LiveSuit and the original file from them, maybe ir will solve your problem.

Anyway, post back...

vmat005

Apr 19, 2012
Interesting...

Reflashed, did your mod to step 12, and downloads were fine again.

Installed a few apps from my backup (apks via ES Explorer), and downloads started to hang up again.

Uninstalled Zeam Launcher, and fixed it. It's a pity, because it's such a nice and light launcher...

Anyway, is there any problem if I stop at step 12? I don't need rooting, except to make Play store work. And it is working now.

Thanks!

VMat

Reactions: MClerigo

MClerigo

Mar 13, 2012
Go

Interesting...

Reflashed, did your mod to step 12, and downloads were fine again.

Installed a few apps from my backup (apks via ES Explorer), and downloads started to hang up again.

Uninstalled Zeam Launcher, and fixed it. It's a pity, because it's such a nice and light launcher...

Anyway, is there any problem if I stop at step 12? I don't need rooting, except to make Play store work. And it is working now.

Thanks!

VMat

No problem whatsoever.

Try Go Launcher EX, I use it on my mobile and Tablet. Very nice.

vmat005

Apr 19, 2012
No problem whatsoever.

Try Go Launcher EX, I use it on my mobile and Tablet. Very nice.

Actually, I think there's something else going on here. I'm still having problems with some downloads. For example, I'm trying to download a file from Xnview (the all-language zip file for windows, 6.4MB), and I get stuck at 39%. If I wait for long enough, the download resumes, but stops again at 78% (I.e., another 39%). In my phone it just goes straight to 100%.

I need to find another network to test this.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

VMat

bozothenutter

Jan 16, 2010
hi I keep getting errors, see below:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Disabling Bluetooth.apk
Disabling Mms.apk
Disabling Provision.apk
Disabling TelephonyProvider.apk
Disabling VpnServices.apk
Disabling NetworkMonitor.apk
Disabling Network3gMonitor.apk
Disabling shortcut3g.apk
Disabling Phone.apk - (Requires Immediate Hard Power Off and Reboot)
_
Installation completed!
Press any key to reboot Ainol Aurora, then unplug the USB cable.
_
Press any key to continue . . .

boriss30

Apr 26, 2012
Hey guys. I just bought tab 465, not knowing that does not support android market. So i am so frustrated, couse i realy like this tablet, but just dont know what to do with it now. Do you know, would this hack work with this model?

Tnx for your help

MClerigo

Mar 13, 2012
Yep

hi I keep getting errors, see below:

Disabling Phone.apk - (Requires Immediate Hard Power Off and Reboot)
_
Installation completed!
Press any key to reboot Ainol Aurora, then unplug the USB cable.
_
Press any key to continue . . .

Yes, that was because I forgot to include a file in the first release.
Please check my first post again.

MClerigo

MClerigo

Mar 13, 2012
yes

Hey guys. I just bought tab 465, not knowing that does not support android market. So i am so frustrated, couse i realy like this tablet, but just dont know what to do with it now. Do you know, would this hack work with this model?

Tnx for your help

Yes, it should.
Download the files and then start try to start from step 6.

Report back!

MClerigo

MClerigo

Mar 13, 2012
problem (?)

Actually, I think there's something else going on here. I'm still having problems with some downloads. For example, I'm trying to download a file from Xnview (the all-language zip file for windows, 6.4MB), and I get stuck at 39%. If I wait for long enough, the download resumes, but stops again at 78% (I.e., another 39%). In my phone it just goes straight to 100%.

I need to find another network to test this.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

VMat

Well, I think it might be a problem with your device.
If your downloading to your SD card, the problem can be there.
If you have another SDCard, insert it on the tablet, and download to that external SD.
You can try to format it as well...

vmat005

Apr 19, 2012
Well, I think it might be a problem with your device.
If your downloading to your SD card, the problem can be there.
If you have another SDCard, insert it on the tablet, and download to that external SD.
You can try to format it as well...

I hope it isn't... because I'm several thousand kilometers from any place where I might get technical assistance.

As to the SD card, I've been downloading to the internal one. I'll try the external.

I was in Netherlands on vacations when I bought it. It worked fine with the hotel network - but I didn't want to upgrade to ICS right there, because I had many more interesting things to do.

As soon as I got home, I upgraded to ICS, so I don't know if wifi was working with my network before the upgrade. I mean, I did connect, browsed the web, etc., but I didn't try to download or install anything. Right after the upgrade I wanted to install software - then I noticed the problem. My first reaction was to blame the upgrade and/or the software...

A couple of days ago I remembered my WDTV Live also has trouble to receive streamed videos. I always thought my connection speed was too low. Now I'm starting to suspect that my router may be the culprit. It's a ~3-yr-old Siemens (SE361, I think - probably much older than that actually, because I bought it in a closeout sale), and no firmware has been released after I bought it.

Tonight I'll visit my dad, and I'll try the tablet there. He has a newer router, different brand, let's see what happens. I'll let you know.

Thanks anyway,

VMat

Last edited:

jalet

Jun 18, 2007
Hello,
I have a problem with my tab364.
I tried to root my tablet, but I think something has changed in the original rom and now I have problems.
my tablet does not read correctly the internal memory, and when I try to install an application responds that has no internal memory.
Another problem that if I restart my tablet is not saved the configuarcion I have established and each time I have to re configuar account, language and time. The home button does not respond.
I need someone that has the tab364 can make a backup of the rom with rom manager and can put the link to reinstall the rom on the tablet.
Thank you.

P. S. sorry my bad English.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, for many years I follow and use the kind advises of users in XDA, since my old HTC 9090...
    I never had the chance to give back, and now it's the time.

I'm the proud owner of an Yarvik TAB460 10" with Android, which was upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 from this beginning of April.
    So, the upgrade was a must but, of course, I'd lose the Market again.

So there I went in search of a way to root and place Google Market (Play Store) in my brand new ICS.

After a while, I found a way, tested it, modified it and tested again, through perfection.

THANKS goes to the original poster (Almaz) and Batknight.

UPGRADABLE UNITS:
    - TESTED:
    » YARVIK TAB460
    » YARVIK TAB220
    » YARVIK TAB260
    » YARVIK TAB360
    » YARVIK TAB364

- NOT TESTED: (But a strong possibility to work)
    » YARVIK TAB420

So, here it goes:

---------

WARNING: Full Android market script for Yarvik TAB460 ICS 4.0.3.
    May result to re-flash your firmware.
    PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1 - Download zip file: HERE
    2 - Unzip it
    3 - Go to LINK
    4 - Download Manual, LiveSuit and Upgrade Image for your tablet
    5 - Follow instrutions to the letter (or pdf) :)
    6 - Right after the upgrade, connect the USB cable to your Tablet. Notice that Yarvik was kind enough to leave USB Debugging ON.
    7 - Make sure it found all drivers, otherwise point to the folder Drivers in the package which includes 32bit and 64bit drivers.
    8 - Set display Sleep to 30 min (Goto Settings > Display > Sleep > 30mins)

Step 8.5 - I forgot to include a file: gapp.bat - see below

9 - Click RunMe.bat and follow directions.
    10 - Set display Sleep back to 1 min
    11 - Click on Play Store (Market) and login with you Email and Accept Market terms of Service.
    12 - Reboot tablet again
    13 - From Play Store (Market) install Superuser (from ChainsDD) and open the program.
    14 - Go to Preferences (top right corner), scroll down and click on -Su binary vnull tap to check for updates-. Then click Update.
    15 - Reboot Tablet
    16 - From Play Store (Market) install BusyBox Installer (from JRummy16) and open it.
    17 - Click Allow to Superuser permissions. If it gives you an error, close BusyBox Installer and start it again. Should go fine.
    18 - Install first to /System/Xbin directory
    19 - Then install to /System/Bin directory
    20 - Reboot Tablet
    21 - Set display Sleep to 30 min
    22 - Connect USB cable to your Tablet
    23 - Run RootMe.bat
    24 - Set display Sleep back to 1 min

That's it, and now you're the proud owner of an Yarvik fully rooted and with functional Play Store.

If it works for you, please tell me. And if you test on another Yarvik or any other model, tell me as well.

Thanks to all.

-----------

Step 8.5 - I forgot to include a file: gapp.bat

Just create a new text file named gapp.bat, and insert the follow:

@echo off
    adb push "ICS\%1\%2" %system_x%
    adb shell chmod 644 %system_x%/%2
    :exit

Save it to the same folder where runme.bat is.
    Runme again, and NOW it should go just fine!
    Thanks

MClerigo don’t wont to mess-up your thread, but for those hoe are only interested in Google Market (Play Store)

Pedroportugal at ****//forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?3206
    has a neat method of placing (Play Store) on a Yarvik tablet. (Only tested on a 464) but as it’s a basic update it must work on the other ICS tablets.

Cheers, B.

PS. It’s good you came through with your update, a lot of us started to doubt our computing skills.:D
    TAB360

Works on TAB360 aswell, i think it works on any Yarvik TAB that supports upgrading to ICS 4.0.3; great job and many thanks to developers.
    MClerigo Yes, it works perfectly for me. Thanks again.

F5Jonathan
    I had the same problem, and here's what i did:
    When you're in Superuser app and can't download update try to install busybox (i know that it should be done later in next steps) and reboot your tablet.
    I had to reboot it twice before it worked.
    After that it worked for me.

BTW.
    Sorry for my English ;)
    Nice work,
    Created gapp.bat and all went fine.
    Thanks.

Rooted and playstore on ICS TAB260.