HTC One M7 root access lost?

Search This thread

killerb4dger

Jun 15, 2012
Hi I recently updated my phone to the newest version of ViperROM.

Ever since I did the update (full wipe), when I go into recovery it mentions this:

Root Access Possibly Lost Fix?
THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE

1. YES fix root (/system/xbin/su)

2. NO do not fix

I didn't have this before I updated my phone, and I'm pretty sure I haven't updated the CWM recently either... I also have SuperSU installed for root access.

I've reinstalled the ViperRom 2-3 times with the same issue, my work colleague is getting the same thing on his phone to (same phones). Both phones have the same recovery, supersu and rom.

Very wierd, anyone else seen anything like this or know how I might fix it?
I've used the option to add SuperSU to system, but the message still shows.

I can't seem to do anything while I have this message. There is an OTA update from ViperROM which I can't install, because is keeps asking to fix root.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

CYNiCAL2KX

Dec 27, 2010
Hi I recently updated my phone to the newest version of ViperROM.

Ever since I did the update (full wipe), when I go into recovery it mentions this:

Root Access Possibly Lost Fix?
THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE

1. YES fix root (/system/xbin/su)

2. NO do not fix

I didn't have this before I updated my phone, and I'm pretty sure I haven't updated the CWM recently either... I also have SuperSU installed for root access.

I've reinstalled the ViperRom 2-3 times with the same issue, my work colleague is getting the same thing on his phone to (same phones). Both phones have the same recovery, supersu and rom.

Very wierd, anyone else seen anything like this or know how I might fix it?
I've used the option to add SuperSU to system, but the message still shows.

I can't seem to do anything while I have this message. There is an OTA update from ViperROM which I can't install, because is keeps asking to fix root.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
Can you gain root access on the phone? E.g. terminal emulator and use the 'su' command. Do you get a SU prompt?
If not have you tried manually flashing SU zip?

killerb4dger

Jun 15, 2012
Can you gain root access on the phone? E.g. terminal emulator and use the 'su' command. Do you get a SU prompt?
If not have you tried manually flashing SU zip?

Its got to the point where I'm attempting to install a different SU.zip, and now CWM attempts to install then the screen goes blank.
I can't install anything via CWM at the moment...
I've had root access before installed the Viper 5.0 update, now is gone all weird.

I now can't install any .zip file via the phone, CWM attempts it showing "installing zip" then the screen goes blank and reboots.

Last edited:

CYNiCAL2KX

Dec 27, 2010
Its got to the point where I'm attempting to install a different SU.zip, and now CWM attempts to install then the screen goes blank.
I can't install anything via CWM at the moment...

I've had root access before installed the Viper 5.0 update, now is gone all weird.
Have you done Backup Data, wipe and fresh install, then restore Data?

killerb4dger

Jun 15, 2012
Have you done Backup Data, wipe and fresh install, then restore Data?

I have a backup from before i updated ViperRom 5.0, can I not install TWRP or something? Its just I would then need to reinstall ViperRom again and set everything up.
To be honest, it wasn't perfect from when I did the update, but it still looks better than the old version I was on.

CYNiCAL2KX

Dec 27, 2010
I have a backup from before i updated ViperRom 5.0, can I not install TWRP or something? Its just I would then need to reinstall ViperRom again and set everything up.
To be honest, it wasn't perfect from when I did the update, but it still looks better than the old version I was on.

If you back up data you won't need to set it up again. That's my point. Do this
Install TWRP, do a full backup, then wipe and install 5.5 fresh. Then restore Data. Restoring data will return your phone back to the way you had it.

Reactions: killerb4dger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you back up data you won't need to set it up again. That's my point. Do this
    Install TWRP, do a full backup, then wipe and install 5.5 fresh. Then restore Data. Restoring data will return your phone back to the way you had it.