[Q] TouchNooter: Where is YouTube?

Search This thread

mh127

Dec 19, 2011
Nevermind, I found the YouTube app, but I still cannot get Market working -I am getting "A server error has occured" message. YT and Gmail work.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Slartiwhatever

Dec 19, 2011
Nevermind, I found the YouTube app, but I still cannot get Market working -I am getting "A server error has occured" message. YT and Gmail work.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
If you check in on the TouchNooter 1.11.20 thread over in the development forum, you'll see that this seems to be a common problem. It appears based on those postings that the Market app will start working after a certain time (overnight?), assuming everything else is correct.

I've discovered that you can get into the Market without waiting by adding a SECOND account. (In Gmail, click into the settings from ButtonSavior, then click accounts, and there'll be a button to add one.)

I discovered this by accident trying to set things up for my wife. I thought there was a problem because she did not have a Youtube account set up through her Google Apps account. So I went ahead & added my account to the NST to make sure the rooting process had worked, and lo and behold there was the Market. Now I needed to figure out how to delete my account (which I still haven't figured out how to do!), but in the process of researching that, I ran across this business with a delay for the market to start working.

I then wiped out my NST and went back to the backup I made before I started all this (version 1.1) so I could try again with a different account.. and a third time too, just to make sure with a different order of accounts. It was consistent: the first account gives the "server error" message when opening Market; the second goes right in.

Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of one of the accounts that's set up. Anybody know that one? If the "Accounts & Sync" setting I'm used to in stock Android is there, it's well-hidden. (For that matter I'd like to get rid of Gmail... or at least not have it auto-sync.)

mh127

Dec 19, 2011
Slartiwhatever,

thanks for your comment, registering second account and syncing it fixed my problem too! I do not really mind having two accounts set up, so this works well enough for me.