[HOW-TO] Remove the FPS limit on stock-ROMs

Search This thread

techn0crat

Apr 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
There has got to be another way to increase the FPS that doesn't involve potentially damaging the screen.

I used to have a Viewsonic, and one guy was able to tweak the framerate with

13th January 2011, 08:28 PM
I have on my Folio found a way to tweak the nvrm_daemon, to increase the frame draw rate.. on folio its was limited to 51 frames (tested with app: fps2d) and this tweak increases it to 78 and it shows in the fps2d app too.

Just so everybody is clear on what this hack does.. its changing the framebuffer rate, NOT screen refreshrate.
see this (http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisionbasics/qt/framevsrefresh.htm) link if you are not sure what that means

testing this with NeoCore benchmark we hit 56 frames.. so im guessing Viewsonic Gtab also could benefit from it, but as i don't have one i cannot verify if the screen type works with this change..

Anyone with just a small linux knowledge and knows how to replace a binary, please verify this , and you might have another enhancement if it works.

download the attached zip and put the nvrm_daemon into the /system/bin and do a chmod 755 /system/bin/nvrm_daemon on the file too.. (remember /system need to be r/w)

reboot and test with "fps2d" from Market, and let me know if you gain 78 frames too ... (i hope so)

it should work on all custom roms, as im sure, you all use the same Gtab binaries for your hardware here..

So perhaps that has some application, here?

I would personally like to see a more universalized method of doing this-

As this is one of the things iPhuckers try to pretend it makes their devices better.

I don't have a huwawei, but as these phones are all linux-core, there's got to be one or two things that we can do to improve the fps.

3848ap

Jan 28, 2011
a little help for newbie, please

im already stuck with this thing for a couple of days.
my gadget is huawei ideos x5 u8800

i could remove the limitation by using stock rom gingerbread b526(.35 kernel)
with this way http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501943&page=4 the problem is, i want to use miui rom but i cant do this because on miui there is no init.qcom.post_boot.sh; even when i copy paste the file in /system/etc its still same

i tried to using elite x1 and miui-xj 2.3.30 and try to remove fps limitation with both stock kernel from miui rom or geno's. dont works, its say like the Attach pictures and after rebooting it does not happen anything, still get 42-45fps with neocore

then i tried to used http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?9789-Tutorial-Teach-you-how-to-uncap-FPS-for-U8800-or-U8800-Pro-to-55; i dont use the original file from this thread because i dont know the language. so i try to modify matteof93 's file and still same, it doesnt happen anything

Check if your ROM has system/etc/enhanced.conf. You can turn off vsync here (change vsync=on to vsync=off. Genos ROMs have this but i am not sure about MIUI and stock ROMs...
i already use this way but its still same, even my vsync already off

Working great here on MIUI!
thanks.
could you give me the steps to do that?

*is there a problem with my x5? or i just dont get the right way to remove the limitation? help please and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• 2012.04.20-21.07.35.jpeg
    2012.04.20-21.07.35.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20120422_063933.jpg
    20120422_063933.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 234
Tried on stock B528; much smoother :)
Thanks..

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Be warned, vsync is there for a reason, and disabling it will cause screen tearing.

On the other hand, VSync causes input lag, which is why this solution is around. You can easily notice the lagging, especially while playing games. Also, since "Screen Tearing" is not a consistent hardware problem, I believe it is worth to disable VSync to enjoy a smoother image experience.

lvblvb

Jun 19, 2010
how to get FPS limit back

How to get FPS limit back on aurora 4.1 DZO? I need vsync on because screen tearing. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei decided to put a FPS limit on its stock-ROMs, and this limit makes a stock-rom jerky and unsuitable for gaming.

I have looked for a script that was able to remove this FPS limit but the only one i found was not working correctly.

Then i found a really useful script that disables the VSYNC (enabled by default in the kernel).

I have tested this script on my u8800pro (stock 2.3.5 + root + CWM recovery + kernel .35 by genokolar) and it works really well. The rom now is really smoot, like CM7, and fast.

I haven't noticed any lag.

This is how to remove the FPS limit:
    download this file http://sourceforge.net/projects/matteof93.u/files/69uncapfps/download
    put it in your sdcard
    download the app "script manager" from the market
    open the script with script manager (remember to select run as root and run at boot)
    after running the script for the 1st time, reboot the phone

To check if the script works, use an app like Neocore (i get 55FPS).

This script should work with both u8800 and u8800pro. I don't know if it works with the stock kernel.