Originally Posted by santoshcoolhere
I have 2 questions.
1. Can we partition internal storage and create a separate partition and load it with self-executable code, sort of like a computer virus, a smaller code about 300-600kb which is immune to factory reset?
2. Can we prevent/disable factory reset/external flashing, in case a thief steals your phone.
1. Try using the partition sd card option in the recovery.
2. If the thief is smart and knows about xda too you can't do anything, everything you would do can be undone.
Well, If you are really conscious about your phone not being stolen you should try the following things:
- Always keep Usb Debugging disabled.
- Do not unlock bootloader.
- Use security apps to protect root, system settings, package installer and other apps that could lead in user doing anything that could help him get access to installing, uninstalling apps, modifying stuff using root editing system settings etc...
- Install Apps like Cerberus, Prey etc which could help you in tracking, wiping the phone, signalling you or police, even send a photo of the thief to you, etc case your phone is stolen.