[Q] [HELP] Xperia Mini Pro Broken Screen

Search This thread

candyman17

Jul 12, 2012
Hello! So my Xperia Mini pro has been broken, it doesn't show any image anymore, I think there is a problem with the screen but I want a confirmation or recommendation to find out what the problem is.

First the screen "touch" capability stopped working, and then two weeks after that, the back and option buttons stopped working too. And a week after that ,there was like a screen "flickering" (I tried to recreate the problem in the attached image) when I tried to either open or close the slider.

Finally the screen stopped working anymore. I tried to connect the phone to the PC but says that windows cannot recognize the hardware. And there's one more thing: I can turn on the phone, it vibrates, but the keyboard lights seems that are not working, they are permanently off.. and when I try to Increase the volume it doesn't sound either... There is only the black screen and a backlight.

Please Help me to find out what is the problem, I'm thinking to buy a screen replacement on eBay, but some people told me that is the "flex" cable. I'm not sure if there is a fix for my phone's problem.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3537dkn.jpg
    3537dkn.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Hey there.

Based on my experience, yes, your problem is most likey a flex ribbon issue. Your flex has been ripping apart lately, causing many of its wires to break. This can cause a lot of unpredictable problems, such as a misbeheaving notification LED, inactive ambient light sensor, or "dead" display/touch digitizer. Your problems have gotten worse over time, which is clearly a symptom of a broken flex.

You phone is no longer booting up to android because the kernel no longer detects a proper "response" from the display driver and halts the bootup. This is why you can feel the phone vibrating when pressing the power button, but nothing else happens. Your screen assembly is fine, I can assure you that, unless your glass is broken, of course.

Here's one hell of a good teardown guide: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+Mini+Pro+SK17i+Teardown/7275

I used that very same guide when I repaired my own xmp. I regret messing with my screen assembly because I destroyed it and had to buy a new one, which is costly :(

candyman17

Jul 12, 2012
Thank You so much for the advice ! Now I'll try to repair it, It doesn't seem too difficult. Thank You Again!!!:D