[Q] Gear 2 Neo and Samsung Galaxy S3 Trouble

Search This thread

vectorw8

Oct 24, 2010
I just bought a Gear 2 Neo and when Pairing it with my S3 the watch stays on the startup screen all the while my S3 shows they are paired. The phone never connects to download the software from the watch, i did however get it to work with my Galaxy Tab 3 but not with my S3. Does anyone know a way to get this to work.

P.S. I did a factory restart and tried it with no additional software on the phone except for the Gear Manager from Samsung. I thought there might be something conflicting. The S3 is running android 4.4.2.

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
if you are running a custom rom then put your phone back to stock and it'll work properly. someone here was having issues with their phone & the gear 2 and it was all because they were running the latest Jedi rom.

Last edited:

vectorw8

Oct 24, 2010
if you are running a custom rom then put your phone back to stock and it'll work properly. someone here was having issues with their phone & the gear 2 and it was all because they were running the latest Jedi rom.

I am currently running stock and have not rooted my phone. I did factory rest it and tried to install the gear manager but it wont run correctly on my S3. the interface just keeps flashing white and wont pair properly. All this time the phone is still on the startup screen.