Reviews

Search This thread

Ziostilon

Dec 13, 2009
Letting it die all the way then turn it on till it completely turns off and you can turn on again then charge it fully and you do it that for 3 times and your good :D

so you turn on the phone for the very first time and use it on whatever battery power thats left. then use it to the point which it shuts down itself. now turn the phone back on again, and plug in the charger, keep using the phone but with the charger still plugged in. when the battery meter indicates "FULL". unplug the charger. and repeat these procedures 3 times.

Does this sound about right?

iceshinobi

Jun 2, 2009
Orlando, FL
twitter.com
so you turn on the phone for the very first time and use it on whatever battery power thats left. then use it to the point which it shuts down itself. now turn the phone back on again, and plug in the charger, keep using the phone but with the charger still plugged in. when the battery meter indicates "FULL". unplug the charger. and repeat these procedures 3 times.

Does this sound about right?

Yep but u repeat 2 times since u already started with the 1st one :D and then your battery will be maximized for some reason i still don't understand clearly

Tpavey

Jul 14, 2010
Li-ion batteries have a few quirks. They need a few full charge cycles to get the full range of the battery. Then for the best lifespan you should top off the battery every day. Every 30 or so top-offs (once per month) you should drain the battery completely then recharge. Depending on the quality you should get 3 years or 200-500 cycles. The batteries continue to slowly improve.

speoples20

Jun 10, 2007
I don't see what the big deal is about the camera not having a flash. I have the HD2 right now and almost never use the flash and if I do half the time I retake the picture without the flash and it comes out better.

Tyrant171

Jun 2, 2010
I don't see what the big deal is about the camera not having a flash. I have the HD2 right now and almost never use the flash and if I do half the time I retake the picture without the flash and it comes out better.

Agreed. I don't think I've ever taken a photo with a cell phone flash that I was happy with.

moonrock

Sep 28, 2006
I immediately thought the same thing (re: training the battery) when I saw this review. lol. You'd think that cnet would know these things, wouldn't they?!

Also clearly they didn't try to use the night mode vs a camera with a flash before whining that it has no flash.

ShawtyKING

Apr 18, 2010
Mobile Burn has a good video review here

youtube.com/watch?v=PFOwe_Jj3pI

Heres another one from Mobility Minded

youtube.com/watch?v=aXYLOI5i7Gw

siberslug

It's a big deal for people like me that are out and about in the evening or even in rooms with not very many windows, in those cases it makes the camera almost useless because all you get is a blurry mess or a black screen

Last edited: