Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

Search This thread

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
My battery should be arriving today. I know there usually isn't a performance boost immediately, but about how long does it take for the OS to adjust and I start seeing a difference versus stock battery?

DVJr84

Jul 17, 2011
I just received my battery today. It slightly buldges but nothing major and with the case you could never tell. Only concern is the flood indicators on the battery have red xx. Has this battery been wet or does the whole sticker have to be red?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I just received my battery today. It slightly buldges but nothing major and with the case you could never tell. Only concern is the flood indicators on the battery have red xx. Has this battery been wet or does the whole sticker have to be red?

Pink is normal afaik... both my Galaxy batteries are pink while my Skyrocket is white.

DVJr84

Jul 17, 2011
Great what a relief. So I'm assuming the indicator will turn completely red or pink when wet?
Thanks cz Eddie appreciate your help.

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
I got my battery in the mail. Can't give results yet but I did have issues getting the back to close. Konami code did not work. Eventually after a bunch of fidgeting and cramming I got the thing to close, but it is bulging out slightly on the left latches as it cannot completely close. Still I was able to get it close enough and since I use an otterbox commuter case the back is secure. It does feel a little off, kinda like putting an iPad 3 in an iPad 2 case but overall it seems to be okay. I'll give performance results in a few days.

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
I think you will see the benefits very quickly.

It seems like the battery isn't draining as fast as stock did. I'm only on my second day but I have noticed a difference. I'm also planning on changing ROMs to Sean's ICS with the great battery life, so hopefully I'll see a massive boost soon.

rcdizon

May 16, 2012
Chicago
Tried to buy 2 from Verizon online but they wouldn't give me the $25 sale for both, only one. So I bought only one from them.

Then I found one from Wirelessking via Amazon for $19.99. They had sent the wrong battery. They sent a SAMI405BATX. I told them right away and they sent the correct battery... SAMI515BATX. If you order from them, make sure you have the correct VZW number. Good guys from my experience - I don't work for them.

These batteries are tight but give me an extra 1.5 to 2 hours of regular daily use. Now I use the two regular OEM Skyrocket batteries I have as backups. Not sure what to do with my third party ones that last only 6 hours. Maybe target practice.

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
Anyone try those different capacities from eBay? They seem to be pretty decent reviews, but they ALL say they are the SAME size as the stock, but thats hard to believe... the different capacities are (i727)

1980 (Generic / Aftermarket )
2050 (Generic / Aftermarket )
2100 (Generic / Aftermarket )
2250 (Andida)

Unless they fit perfectly, if I have a "busy" day, my phone can run out at like 3pm, so an extra 10% would really not help me, so I would then just get like 3 of the traditional 1850's and swap them once or twice through the day during down times. That would also be super useful on a long flight or extended trip.

I dont think I will ever spring for the bulky 3800, kinda defeats the whole purpose of having this phone.

kiru

May 12, 2005
Anyone try those different capacities from eBay? They seem to be pretty decent reviews, but they ALL say they are the SAME size as the stock, but thats hard to believe... the different capacities are (i727)

1980 (Generic / Aftermarket )
2050 (Generic / Aftermarket )
2100 (Generic / Aftermarket )
2250 (Andida)

Unless they fit perfectly, if I have a "busy" day, my phone can run out at like 3pm, so an extra 10% would really not help me, so I would then just get like 3 of the traditional 1850's and swap them once or twice through the day during down times. That would also be super useful on a long flight or extended trip.

I dont think I will ever spring for the bulky 3800, kinda defeats the whole purpose of having this phone.

I have the 2250 Andida batteries. I can tell you that there no usage increase and they only last as long as the standard oem battery.

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
I have the 2250 Andida batteries. I can tell you that there no usage increase and they only last as long as the standard oem battery.

Ya thats what I figured is the general consensus.... Maybe I'll be safe and just stick with the regular Samsung 1850's.. there's like a 3pack with charger for about $12. Thanks.

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
Honestly the best thing I did in respect to battery usage is research and implement the things that made sense for me. The single biggest thing that helped me was to fix the problem of the phone not going into deep sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
Ya I suspected they were not really Sasmung, but I wonder how these people continually get away with that, where the main image has SAMSUNG all over each battery... I just hope they are not worse than the stock 1850, or else I may be better going with the 2250 if I am assuming like a 20% decrease in life just because these are knockoffs.

I use Juice Defender, not sure how much it helps or not, but all i really notice is that it turns off my wi-fi and network when it goes into sleep... some people did tell me it does make some difference.

I did contact some of the ebay buyers of those 2250's and they said it fit fine but the life was similar to that of the stock or maybe just a bit better... i see 2x that with charger for $41... hmmm...

Last edited:

onearmedscissor

Mar 10, 2006
Ya I suspected they were not really Sasmung, but I wonder how these people continually get away with that, where the main image has SAMSUNG all over each battery... I just hope they are not worse than the stock 1850, or else I may be better going with the 2250 if I am assuming like a 20% decrease in life just because these are knockoffs.

I use Juice Defender, not sure how much it helps or not, but all i really notice is that it turns off my wi-fi and network when it goes into sleep... some people did tell me it does make some difference.

I did contact some of the ebay buyers of those 2250's and they said it fit fine but the life was similar to that of the stock or maybe just a bit better... i see 2x that with charger for $41... hmmm...

I heard the knockoffs can mess up your phone if you get a bad one.

I used to use jd on gb but i didn't notice it help much on ics

pcidiot

Oct 30, 2010
I don't know if the Galaxy SIII 2100maH battery is the same size as the Nexus.
But if it is, then here are THREE of them + charger for $29 shipped:

Kinda interested in this. Not the deal on Ebay that is, but if the battery is same size or similar to the Nexus battery? Will the S3 battery fit in the Skyrocket as good or better than the Nexus battery?

Can anyone confirm this?

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
They are both 2100mAh, so there should be no advantage to either one, assuming the physical dimensions are the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this info should be added to the op:
    ---------------------------------
    1. Go to Sprint Employee Referral Program [sprint.com]
    2. enter: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com (as email) // 383 as Employee ID // [this info is public]
    3. make your way to accessories, select galaxy Nexus, add the battery [sprint.com] to cart and enter battery1 coupon code
    4. check out (total should be free, with free shipping), be sure to enter the employee email and ID on the check out page again.
    5. wait for the sent email

NOTE: The description says that it is a bundle that is free with purchase of GNex but it will allow you to checkout with just the battery in your cart! When I applied the coupon code, it redirected me to select a phone. When i clicked back (google chrome) and reapplied the coupon, it took me to checkout (free).
    ------------------------

This worked for me.
    Okay friends, now's the time to stock up! check out this deal for a FREE Nexus extended battery from Sprint! http://slickdeals.net/f/5055866-FREE-Sprint-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery?

I bought one for $0 shipped. Did have to enter my credit card info of course.

Enjoy!
    Here's an instructable on one method of trimming down the battery for those who have poor fitment.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-a-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery-to-fit-the-/
    Do you mind posting pics of what you did?

Your wish is granted :)
    As with all modifications, I can not be held responsible for your actions. Including, but not limited to trying to modify your phone or battery. You will obviously lose the warranty on the battery, and possibly the phone.

I unwrapped the battery in step 1, thus exposing the NFC antenna, so It's there for sure :)
    I only needed to take a bit off the top left corner, not even the unwrapping part. It's just plastic that's needed to keep it looking symmetric. Who cares about looks when its gonna be covered by the lid. I'll take a pick with my transformer, but i'm in my car, so please excuse the lighting

{This is the extended battery that is sold by Verizon for the Samsung galaxy nexus, It has just been undressed (needlessly), and sanded in the top left corner}

Please press the thank button if I helped

sent from my transformer prime