[Q] SO there is no way to enable USB Debugging on a bricked N7?

Search This thread

aeldergoth

Apr 2, 2013
Rooted my N73G with Clockwork back in 12/12 when I bought it, worked fine for a year and change. Last week it wouldnt boot past the glowy X. Tried resetting cache, Dalvik cache, and factory reset options in Recovery Mode. Nothing

Downloaded the SDK as a couple different tutorials instructed. Tried Skipsoft's toolkit. Why does every bloody recovery tutorial tell you "enable USB Debugging in the Settings menu" when you cant bloody well boot to a working OS???????

Needless to say, everything I try deadends at unable to do whatever because USB Debugging isnt enabled. Now it wont even boot into Recovery Mode, stopping at the bootloader.

Wat do?

aeldergoth

Apr 2, 2013
Rooted my N73G with Clockwork back in 12/12 when I bought it, worked fine for a year and change. Last week it wouldnt boot past the glowy X. Tried resetting cache, Dalvik cache, and factory reset options in Recovery Mode. Nothing

Downloaded the SDK as a couple different tutorials instructed. Tried Skipsoft's toolkit. Why does every bloody recovery tutorial tell you "enable USB Debugging in the Settings menu" when you cant bloody well boot to a working OS???????

Needless to say, everything I try deadends at unable to do whatever because USB Debugging isnt enabled. Now it wont even boot into Recovery Mode, stopping at the bootloader.

Wat do?

BETTER DESCRIPTION....

Downloaded the SDK as comminus's tutorial instructed. Installed Java Dev Kit and Android SDK. Got to the command line, but under the right directory when I try "adb devices" it doesnt list my tablet.

Tried Skipsoft's toolkit. Why does every bloody recovery tutorial tell you "enable USB Debugging in the Settings menu" when you cant bloody well boot to a working OS???????

Wat do?

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
If usb debugging was enabled, one might save the important files from the device before flashing it.

Since you boot into the bootloader, you can flash a factory image. I recommend this guide but all of your data will be gone.

aeldergoth

Apr 2, 2013
If usb debugging was enabled, one might save the important files from the device before flashing it.

Since you boot into the bootloader, you can flash a factory image. I recommend this guide but all of your data will be gone.

From the linked guide (the one I've been using) "Enable usb debugging on your device (found under Settings > Developer Options)
NOTE: Since Android 4.2 the Developer Options are hidden by default."

How can I enable USB Debugging on a tablet that is bricked? Further, the SDK program doesnt see my tablet connected. I hear a little connection tone in windows when I plug it in, but running adb.exe from the command line and using an "adb devices" command shoes a "List of connected devices" that is empty.

Only the Skipsoft toolkit seems to want to even see my tablet, no matter what USB port I try,

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
There is no need for adb (it is only used to boot into bootloader). What you will need is the fastboot commands in the "Flashing the Factory Image" part, but be carefull to flash the proper image and to the proper partions.