[Q&A] Cyanogen Mod 11

Search This thread

marefenicio

Apr 1, 2014
f2fs or ext4

hello guys, very thanks for the great job!
my question is: may i flash the new Build 9#: on my s2 plus dev with the CWM 6.0 without the FormatPartitons-F2FS.zip and let all set at ext4 file system?

doki5

Apr 23, 2014
I have got a bug, I think.
My phone freezes and does not respond or switching off (3-4 times a day). Anyway I have to reboot. This is problem in the morning because in this case alarm does not work.

SH1M4BD3

reviews latest CM build[RAM] missmatch

Hi, just wanna share ma own experiences (i9105p) about cm latest build update, thanks so much to dev teams who works on it, last night i decides to flash latest cm build, am on linaro resurrection remix before, i follow every step on orihinal thread everytings works fine, till i saw the setting>status i foud that cm11 reads my ram amount only 798mb?, tried to flash and make sure that i wipe everythings on reCovery, the results still same, ram amount wont changes (philTouch rec). Back to recovery and reflash latest clockwork cwm, and i decided to flash stock rom base(sazy build5), wait till i boot entering wellcome screen, i suprised with text pop up told me that my ram corrupted, than it reboot itself entering android logos with bar process under the logo(don't sure but i think its repair ram process), luckily its boot and i can entering homescreen on sazy stock based, check my ram on setting its reads 803mb(is the correct one ithink, though i knew it should be 1GB). Back to recovery again i follow every step on original thread cm11wipe, flash philtouch, f2fs stuff ,rom,minimal slim gapps, till it boot normaly, check my ram its reads 802mb, ok its fine back to recovery and flash mosh kernel 1.9 (latest build), wipe cache,dalvik reboot, damned k found my amount ram back to 978mb??? Can anyone help what was wrong with my problems?? I would really appreciates that, thanks

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

my question is: may i flash the new Build 9#: on my s2 plus dev with the CWM 6.0 without the FormatPartitons-F2FS.zip and let all set at ext4 file system?
Have you flash latest build??which you finally use ext/f2fs?? Give us your experiences

Reactions: beegee

SH1M4BD3

update[RAM missmatch)

Update, curious what was wronged with this ram size(796mb), ttied to reflash it latest build again, hope this will help anynone who has the same experiences, please follow the instruction on original thread, (not sure, but it works for me, do not flash custom kernel, sadly i did not use mosh kernel)now the ram amount back to normal 802mb. notes: when you came from another cm builds base(omni,resurections,etc) when face the same prob reflash to stock rom base (exslim,sazy), in other words its restock everything kernel,settings,etc than you flash latest cm build, please anyone share here what's result after flash the rom.

Last edited:

doki5

Apr 23, 2014
It was built 8#. Today I updated to built 9#.
On built 8#:
Everything worked fine for me (options that I usually use) but the battery life was reduced. The system used many more juice. After the battery available was reduced under 50% comes the freezing... Many times a day. The screen was turned off and the device doesn't respond to anything (or it was switched off?)
Now on built 9#:
It's running a while. But the battery life seems to be better...

I don't know ext/f2fs but I think I'm using ext. :D

SH1M4BD3

It was built 8#. Today I updated to built 9#.
On built 8#:
Everything worked fine for me (options that I usually use) but the battery life was reduced. The system used many more juice. After the battery available was reduced under 50% comes the freezing... Many times a day. The screen was turned off and the device doesn't respond to anything (or it was switched off?)
Now on built 9#:
It's running a while. But the battery life seems to be better...

I don't know ext/f2fs but I think I'm using ext. :D
Which recovery you're used??if you're not use the philtouch that cooldev provided it should be ext, better battery?? Battery drain, screen,android system eat alot of juice, i used ART, what yours?, and what kernel you're used?Resurrection has better battery life, wish they soon fix usb otg in the near future releases..

KennethHau

Apr 7, 2014
Amsterdam

yes, it is possible. i just did a backup then flashed the build #9 and gapps on my phone without f2fs.zip. And Gps is finally fixed too :p

Last edited:
Reactions: marefenicio

SH1M4BD3

When attached loaded 32gb pendrive(external memory usb device) by a cord to my s2 plus it show empty .problem occurs only on this rom.i used pen drive on my s2 plus from 4.1.2 stock
Sent from my GT-I9105P using xda app-developers app
Is you already in latest build, its fixed..i tried this step, use usb stickmount from market, let it load drivers needed(you may reboot the phone), ignore the Subinary update question, attach your pendrive open stickmount, tap on mount options, toast notification should popup, and tell you where you can browse the pendrive files, use cm filemanager:beer:

Sent from my GT-I9105P

geomokl

Dec 12, 2013
Dublin
Hi
Thanks for this build. I flashed the build 9 yesterday and i did this steps:
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Flash cm11
Flash gapps
reboot system
But i have some apps give me randomly unfortunately this app has stopped (camera, play store, angry birds, SwiftKey...)

What is the problem? I'm beginner please help
Note im using titanium backup pro and nova launcher.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Gibz97

Nov 13, 2012
Hi
Thanks for this build. I flashed the build 9 yesterday and i did this steps:
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Flash cm11
Flash gapps
reboot system
But i have some apps give me randomly unfortunately this app has stopped (camera, play store, angry birds, SwiftKey...)

What is the problem? I'm beginner please help
Note im using titanium backup pro and nova launcher.
Thanks

Hi, which kernel are you using?

SH1M4BD3

Anyone can solve this??CM11 latest build, on fresh flasing (built in kernel on zip files on cm11) its read 802, i flash latest mosh kernel as it shown it changes the ram its only read 798??hell they gone??

Sent from my GT-I9105P

Attachments

• 1399018756757.jpg
    1399018756757.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 88

CoolDevelopment

Sep 25, 2013
Cologne
Anyone can solve this??CM11 latest build, on fresh flasing (built in kernel on zip files on cm11) its read 802, i flash latest mosh kernel as it shown it changes the ram its only read 798??hell they gone??

Sent from my GT-I9105P

MoshKernel has some additional kernel features, which are reserving a bit ram. The settings app is only showing the ram, which is avialable for the rom. That's also the reason for not seeing 1 gb of ram

Reactions: Gibz97

SH1M4BD3

Means???, is you trying to tell me that's "i'm not alone(everyone has the same situations) just mistyped/miscalculated, what yours?can you show me?
Note that i'm your biggest fans Moshkernel, and your works

Sent from my GT-I9105P

Last edited:

Fir3Soul

Feb 13, 2014
The rest of ram is used by the operating system by default. The rest 798 are for apps. On stock you have like 802 ram. The rest is used by android.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Free mobile app

karamancho

May 14, 2014
anyone here having any success flashing the custom recovery required or the F2FS available for the latest CM build and MoshKernel ( philz-f2fs-s2vep.zip ).

odin307 doesn't 'see' the *.zip file and if I change its extension to *.tar and try to flash it, odin crashes giving me a C++ runtime error.

has anyone here successfully converted to F2FS? of so then HOW?

SH1M4BD3

anyone here having any success flashing the custom recovery required or the F2FS available for the latest CM build and MoshKernel ( philz-f2fs-s2vep.zip ).

odin307 doesn't 'see' the *.zip file and if I change its extension to *.tar and try to flash it, odin crashes giving me a C++ runtime error.

has anyone here successfully converted to F2FS? of so then HOW?

You don't need odin, its flashable zip files, which flashable with all custom recovery, eg; clockworkmod, twrp just flash right from your current recovery

Sent from my GT-I9105P

Reactions: karamancho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread will be kept here for troubleshooting issues with Cyanogen Mod Builds By @CoolDevelopment

Please report any bugs, glitches, issues, problems HERE, and keep Original Thread clean.

If you want, do a cyber fight HERE, not on Original Thread. :D

If you think you are Newbie, feel free to ask HERE.

Do not blame Developer for any bricks, he is doing his best.

Please inform yourself before entering in Android world.

In any case, DON'T ask for ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival)

ROM will be out when it's ready!

Thanks !
    Yes i know, but i asked cooldev,he agreed with this thread so i think it is okay.

But don't tell the people to report bugs and so on here, they in my thread. I think this thread should be for questions like:"where can I find feature x" etc.
    hi please somebody help me I'm using a Samsung s2 gti9100 running an android version of 4.1.2 , baseband version - (i9100 uhms1) , kernel version - (3.0.31-914166 se.infra@SEP-130 #3 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 19 03:49:28 KST 1013)and build number - (JZO54K.I9100 VJMS3) . PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE TO ANDROID VERSION 4.2 ?? PLEASE REPLY BACK .... MANY THANKS ID BE GLAD TO GET A REPLY BACK FROM ANYBODY

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

First : this thread is for the s2 (i9105) plus not the s2 (i9100)
    Second : there is no official 4.2.2 for the s2 but CyanogenMod supports the s2 so if you wanna try cm11 go here : http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9100&type=
    Download latest nightly and install it via recovery

Sent from my GT-I9105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @bashman_ mister, you first need to root your s2 then you need to install recovery then you should flash.
    So go on google, and inform yourself "how to root s2 4.1.2" and read, then when you root, we will help you.

Cooldev has the right answering those questions..not u.. And no one is spamming like u said... Dont make multiple threads..