Official MIUI Support...

Search This thread

chick3n564

Jan 7, 2012
I was browsing the xiaomi site and I found that it has a download for miui on the "HTC butterfly dna" but I don't know which phone it's for, though the picture of the device is obviously the Verizon DNA, so if anyone wants to try it i'll put the link for the official download and you guys can post the results.

http://en.miui.com/download-206.html

shoes22

Jul 1, 2013
I tried it a few weeks ago, because I was curious. DO NOT FLASH IT.
The ROM works just fine, but it's meant for GSM-only on the Butterfly/DNA. It won't connect to the Verizon network at all, even after modifying the radio settings and doing the *#*#4636#*#* dialer trick to default to CDMA. After you flash it, with any other subsequent ROM you flash afterwards, the radio will still be broken. The only solution to fix it is re-flash the stock recovery and stock radio again.

It probably wouldn't be *too* much work to modify the ROM to make it Verizon-compatible, but I haven't had time to look into it much. All I know is it won't work as is.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I should also point out that MIUI for HTC devices is currently based on Android 4.2, so app performance isn't as good as it could be.

Once MIUI is re-based to 4.4, it should be easier to fix the GSM-defaulting issue as well, due to the OS improvements on that front.

shoes22

Jul 1, 2013
It should. I've had no problems beforehand.

Sorry to bring up an old thread (deja vu?), but what is the chance we will see MIUI V6 ported to the DNA? I would do it myself but I don't know anything about porting at all. :\

I could do it. As long as we get a MIUI V6 ROM on a working CDMA base, (preferably the VZW HTC One) I could port it over to the DNA no problem.

IcyAgitator

Aug 13, 2013
Mcmurdo Station
Last edited:

IcyAgitator

Aug 13, 2013
Mcmurdo Station
If you have GSM, there should already be a working port for you...

http://en.miui.com/download-206.html

(Haven't tested it personally, but feel free to take a look.)
v4.7.11 reboots when using media content like Gallery apps. I have tried different Gapps packages and playstore apps. all with eh same end result.

The previous version 4.7.4 boots just fine but gives a storage is full error every now and then when trying to install apps.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bakumatsu

Nov 9, 2011
Kyiv
v4.7.11 hangs at the MIUI bootscreen. It does not matter if you flash the 18mb 4.7.11 update on top of 4.7.4 or flash the full 4.7.11 Rom, same result.

The previous version 4.7.4 boots just fine but gives a storage is full error every now and then when trying to install apps.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

v.4.7.11 is pretty buggy. After clean flash make wipe cache, dalvik and fix permission from recovery before first launch.

P.S. IMHO v.4.6.13 is the last(most) stable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried it a few weeks ago, because I was curious. DO NOT FLASH IT.
    The ROM works just fine, but it's meant for GSM-only on the Butterfly/DNA. It won't connect to the Verizon network at all, even after modifying the radio settings and doing the *#*#4636#*#* dialer trick to default to CDMA. After you flash it, with any other subsequent ROM you flash afterwards, the radio will still be broken. The only solution to fix it is re-flash the stock recovery and stock radio again.

It probably wouldn't be *too* much work to modify the ROM to make it Verizon-compatible, but I haven't had time to look into it much. All I know is it won't work as is.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I should also point out that MIUI for HTC devices is currently based on Android 4.2, so app performance isn't as good as it could be.

Once MIUI is re-based to 4.4, it should be easier to fix the GSM-defaulting issue as well, due to the OS improvements on that front.