Windows Mobile 6.5.5 Operator Replacement Rom v2 (Build 23554)

Search This thread

fatherjack360

Jun 16, 2009
Windows Mobile 6.5.5 Operator Replacement Rom (Build 23554)

398dcd695d8b485ddbf8655a97d1c7a3.gif

This is my first experiment at bringing a new build over to the Touch2. I have also merged the Internet Explorer from build 28230 so you have the newest UI with the newer IE parts. This operator replacement rom has been on a diet since the 23541 build. I have replaced HTC task manager for ArcSwitch (for compatibility reasons) and added HTC Wifi Router. Otherwise this is as HTC/T-Mobile 1.33 without branding. Been running this on my handset since Wednesday and I've been fairly happy with it for everyday use.

Remember to set the device locale, time and align the screen post install. If you do not (the first two) Windows Marketplace will not work.

Usual disclaimer: This works for me and is offered with the best of intentions, but I am not responsible for any device damage or anything else as a result of using this rom.

Password is my username
http://www.zshare.net/download/7485798986865964/

fatherjack360

Jun 16, 2009
could you tell me what are updated.

The OS kernel was updated to build 23554 as have the following system files (No specific change log exists).

SYS\BaseApps
SYS\BaseAppsFiles
SYS\BROWSING
SYS\BROWSINGCORE
SYS\browsingie
SYS\BTDUN
SYS\MediaOS
SYS\Office
SYS\Office_DPI_96
SYS\Office_Lang_0409
SYS\OS
SYS\PhoneRedist
SYS\Redist
SYS\RemoteDesktopMobile
SYS\Shell
SYS\VoiceCommand
SYS\VoIPOS
SYS\Webview
SYS\WelcomeCenter
SYS\WMWidgets

Internet Explorer comes from build 28230.

The following apps are no longer part of the rom:

Advanced Config Tool
AppToDate
Facebook
gsPlayer
Tiny Twitter

zvoner5

Jan 27, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
I'd very much like to try this. I've been running the 1st version of your rom since it came out and it's great. I want to know, is the scrollbar in the dialler really gone like we see in the image? Cause that was among the few bugs the other rom had. Also, how about the volume animation thingy? With those sorted out, this would be the ultimate rom for our Touch2. If however these 'issues' are still present I wouldn't see much of a point in trading your other rom with this one :)

fatherjack360

Jun 16, 2009
I'd very much like to try this. I've been running the 1st version of your rom since it came out and it's great. I want to know, is the scrollbar in the dialler really gone like we see in the image? Cause that was among the few bugs the other rom had. Also, how about the volume animation thingy? With those sorted out, this would be the ultimate rom for our Touch2. If however these 'issues' are still present I wouldn't see much of a point in trading your other rom with this one :)

The main appeal of this one I feel is for the people that hated me adding extra apps / want the newest Windows build. The scrollbar in the dialer is gone, I removed it system wide as the majority of modern apps allow finger scrolling (can be switched on again in registry). I was not able to get a replacement dialer that was unskined. The audio animation is not resolved however.

tri887

May 25, 2006
Almost perfect, but just found a bug with this v2. It didn't happen on earlier version (Build 23541). I have a reader when view the menu and that white box stay there. It won't go off until reset or remove battery. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, and yet still have the same problem. I'm going back to build 23541. perhaps it's bug in the reader but never had this problem on all versions.

Anyway thanks for upload.

suncrush

Feb 21, 2010
can U remade it

i don't like the buttons at the bottom line ,can u replace them with words?:p and i don't like the multi-option arrows .

Last edited:

TangerineTractor

Sep 8, 2006
i don't like the buttons at the bottom line ,can u replace them with words?:p and i don't like the multi-option arrows .

It's a feature of 6.5.5 themes - some have rounded buttons (the default) some square, others none. Search for 'Livven Gloss' themes, and try the theme editor to create a buttonless bar. You'll probably want to reduce the font size too - it's 1050px, but looks far nicer at 800px, the old size. You can use SKtools to change it.

mcemeren

Oct 2, 2009
Thanks for the nice rom. I just installed and it looks cool. I am still not able to install any software on it. It simply says unsuccessful. I am still working on it, any clue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Mobile 6.5.5 Operator Replacement Rom (Build 23554)

398dcd695d8b485ddbf8655a97d1c7a3.gif

This is my first experiment at bringing a new build over to the Touch2. I have also merged the Internet Explorer from build 28230 so you have the newest UI with the newer IE parts. This operator replacement rom has been on a diet since the 23541 build. I have replaced HTC task manager for ArcSwitch (for compatibility reasons) and added HTC Wifi Router. Otherwise this is as HTC/T-Mobile 1.33 without branding. Been running this on my handset since Wednesday and I've been fairly happy with it for everyday use.

Remember to set the device locale, time and align the screen post install. If you do not (the first two) Windows Marketplace will not work.

Usual disclaimer: This works for me and is offered with the best of intentions, but I am not responsible for any device damage or anything else as a result of using this rom.

Password is my username
    http://www.zshare.net/download/7485798986865964/
    Any chance that anyone knows the answer to the above?

My advice:
    flash this ROM and you'll find out in 10 minutes, much quicker then waiting(and do nothing), don't you agree?
    Cheers!
    Btw it's a good ROM, I've used it a few months ago, the above apps you can find&install them later, don't you think?
    Thanks for your reply bib*oops. Had clicked on your "Thanks" button already.

I'm really really interested to flash my phone as there are many many positive reviews about this ROM. I want to replace the current sucky WM 6.5 Professional on my phone now but I have some concerns so hope that if anyone could address my following concerns:

1. I'm using the Non-Camera of Touch2 (T3330). Would this "Operator Replacement ROM" be compatible with my T3330?

2. My current Non-Camera of Touch2 (T3330) is on SPL 1.34.0000 and the bottom of the screen states "Serial". I know that I have to change to at least HardSPL before flashing.

i. How do I change to HardSPL?
    ii. To which version of HardSPL do I need to change to?
    iii. Does the bottom of the screen needs to be USB before I can flash my phone?

3. As my phone is still covered under warranty (I'm willing to take the risk), how can I change back from HardSPL back to the original SPL 1.34.0000? I'm asking just in case I need the phone to be serviced.

4. Where can I find a step-by-step guide to flashing my Non-Camera Touch2 (T3330)?

I'm a total noob to flashing ROMs so please forgive me. :eek: I tried to navigate through the forum but I just can't seem to find the correct information to my concerns as mentioned above.

I really really appreciate any help given and will definitely click on the "Thanks" button.

Cheers!!! :)

First of all you should use a hspl: you should read&ask about your version in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=649780.
    Also for reading:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=805575
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=578915
    Good luck!
    NB Do not hesitate to ask(after you read), somebody will ask you, finally...