[GAME][MOD] Doom Blood TC V1.1 (2011 14 January)

Search This thread

xlramoneslx

Jul 25, 2010
I installed on my HTC Hd2 and i was running fine, but when I try to exit it will not exit. I can scroll through the options, but I cannot select any. So right now it's basically open and stuck on my phone. Anyway to close this app out? Thanks

markpud

Feb 18, 2009
Manchester
can't get this working on my Blackstone :(

Get as far as loading in the map etc, then all the green text scrools along til "Setup complete..." then it freezes on that screen. But if i randomly tap on the screen i can hear game fx, so i think it works just that I cant see it! I have tried with the default skin and with the one posted here for no navpad...

any ideas? :(

Wolfas

Aug 14, 2009
Kaunas
Fixed FAQ, everyone, take a look!

First of all thanks for your support, I still can't believe there were 300 people who already downloaded my wad file and even video review in one of the coolest Pocket PC portals!!! :D
I will try to help those who doesn't get it to work or have problems, kinda FAQ :)

[Q] GfDoom launcher doesn't show DOOM2.wad, what is wrong?
[A] Check these things:
1. Have you downloaded .WAD file from that 4shared link?
2. Have you extracted it to GfDoom folder, not somewhere else?
3. Have you renamed it to DOOM2.WAD?
If IWAD menu is still empty, report here I will see what I can do :)

[Q] Is WVGA, QVGA, WQVGA supported?
[A] Yup, but for phones without hardware directional keys I strongly recommend using special skin version

[Q] I don't have directional keys so how can I exit the game?!
[A] If you use my modified skin, just press onscreen load key as enter. If not, soft reset is NOT waiting!!! Press X icon on the upper right corner and then press open, this works with or without navi buttons!!!

[Q] Ok but how to install a new skin?
[A] It's simple- create a new folder in skins directory and put all files from zip there, that's all

I will expand this FAQ as soon as new problems arise :)

Last edited:

Wolfas

Aug 14, 2009
Kaunas
can't get this working on my Blackstone :(

Get as far as loading in the map etc, then all the green text scrools along til "Setup complete..." then it freezes on that screen. But if i randomly tap on the screen i can hear game fx, so i think it works just that I cant see it! I have tried with the default skin and with the one posted here for no navpad...

any ideas? :(

That's REALLY strange... Do you have all newest video drivers and all that stuff?

rick6

Jul 19, 2010
Which skin should be more appropriate the kind of resolution Samsungs Omnias use?
I can aford to try them all because per each fail i need to reboot the device!

Thank you btw for sharing!

galopoju

Aug 2, 2008
I get a tmail error every time after the setup completes. The text finishes scrolling and right as the game should load....bam...tmail.com error. I got the new drivers and I've soft reset....

Wolfas

Aug 14, 2009
Kaunas
Which skin should be more appropriate the kind of resolution Samsungs Omnias use?
I can aford to try them all because per each fail i need to reboot the device!

Thank you btw for sharing!

You are welcome :) If you are using a simple OMNIA, with no HW navigaton buttons (you know, up/down/left/right/center), then use my NoNaviB version.

Works with Topaz -- ATT Pure, but had to soft reset to exit game.

Which skin have you used? Anyway, you can always close the game by pressing X icon in upper right corner and then Open.

I get a tmail error every time after the setup completes. The text finishes scrolling and right as the game should load....bam...tmail.com error. I got the new drivers and I've soft reset....

Unexplainable... How on earth tmail can be connected with GfDoom?! All I can suggest is killing tmail process before you start a game

rick6

Jul 19, 2010
Omnia's doom screen offset

You are welcome :) If you are using a simple OMNIA, with no HW navigaton buttons (you know, up/down/left/right/center), then use my NoNaviB version.

That didn't cut it, and maybe that's because of the unusual omnias screen resolution. The buttons are offset from their actual touch point.

scaled.php

As you can see here there is a actual distance between the buttons and the game display, and they seem to work if i press the dark area. I think you got my point by now :p

Any ideia how to solve this?

jonto

Jul 21, 2009
Everything seems to work fine on my Stock Tilt2. However, going to landscape mode rotates up-side-down to the hardware keyboard.

nasucet04

May 31, 2010
Hi Wolfas, many thanks for this application, it fantastic works on my HTC Touch2...
question, and you plan to support more games, more WAD files such as Quake 1,2, Blood??

:)

Last edited:

hotsync100

Jun 27, 2009
Caracas
Hi, I'm using a GT-I8000 (WVGA), and after follow all the steps, these are the screens that can I see.. To exit the game I had to take off the battery.

Attachments

• ScreenShot5.jpg
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 41
  • ScreenShot6.jpg
    ScreenShot6.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 51

Wolfas

Aug 14, 2009
Kaunas
As you can see here there is a actual distance between the buttons and the game display, and they seem to work if i press the dark area. I think you got my point by now :p

Any ideia how to solve this?

Hm, strange... I don't think reolution is the problem as many people use GfDoom on WVGA and experience no problems, just OMNIA and some other devices must have some compability issues, I guess. What processor exactly is installed in Omnia?

Everything seems to work fine on my Stock Tilt2. However, going to landscape mode rotates up-side-down to the hardware keyboard.

I can make new version tomorrow, BUT I strongly recommend my new NoNaviB version as it can be partly controlled by hardware keys (volume up= right, volume down= left, home key= forward, back= backward+left(curently working to fix that :D ) so with help of on-screen buttons it is fully playable. HW keyboard is not supported, I guess, never really tried, but forget about something like WASD for walking, HTC made something unexplainable with our keyboard nearly all buttons have the same value :(

Hi, I'm using a GT-I8000 (WVGA), and after follow all the steps, these are the screens that can I see.. To exit the game I had to take off the battery.

I just don't know... What processor do you have?

azzajess

Mar 6, 2010
Works on Touch Diamond 2

Works on Touch Diamond 2!!
Nice by the way
Is it possible to have the enlarger button and the other few etc on the defualt skin? Thank you so much if you could :D
The reason why is beacuse i dont like the idea of the load?save button being there...

Last edited:

ksrea

Jun 8, 2010
Hi Wolfas,

I tried this on my HTC HD2, but i get the error
W_GetNumforName: file not found !

I have everything in the same folder on my storage card.

any ideas ?

Also...,
Could you do this for the original wolfenstien game ?

thanks,
Kevin Rea
Palmdale, Calif.

Last edited:

Wolfas

Aug 14, 2009
Kaunas
Works on Touch Diamond 2!!
Nice by the way
Is it possible to have the enlarger button and the other few etc on the defualt skin? Thank you so much if you could :D
The reason why is beacuse i dont like the idea of the load?save button being there...

Yes, it is, but I can't change the image of a skin, so buttons won't be visible. [Update] Ok, I modified default skin, now DOOM sign works as lanscape toggle key, also you can press Back button on your phone to go into lanscape. Home button works as Enter. Enjoy!

The processor of Omnia II (GT-I8000) is :
Samsung S3C6410 800MHz processor; HW Graphic Accelerator

I guess your phone is not supported, sorry. I sent a message to developers of GfDoom and we will see about that

Hi Wolfas,

I tried this on my HTC HD2, but i get the error
W_GetNumforName: file not found !

I have everything in the same folder on my storage card.

any ideas ?

Also...,
Could you do this for the original wolfenstien game ?

thanks,
Kevin Rea
Palmdale, Calif.

You have renamed WAD file to DOOM2.WAD haven't you? What do you mean by saying for original wolfenstein? A Blood TC for wolfenstein engine or Wolfenstein TC for Doom2 engine?

Attachments

• DEFAULTModded.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok... It took slightly longer than I expected :D But here is a link to a new version in first page. I made it in summer, but I thought I had ruined it and how amazed I was today when I saw I hadn't :D Anyway, test and comment :)
    Please how run correct graphic on treo pro? Square display 320x320.

first of all, could you please make a screenshot of how gfdoom looks now, and I'll see what I can do