Search This thread

quantumfusion

Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys,

i am thinking of buying either the ZT180 or this.

Can those who bought it recommend if it is worthwhile to get the flytouch 2 ?

and where can i buy it e cheapest ?

IS the processor really functioning at 1ghz(i am fine if it is overclocked)

Many thanks ^^

coderator

Nov 9, 2010
I have ordered mine today and paid $186 including GPS antenna and $28.2 UPS Expedited cost. I suspect there may be a few different models around, this one is claiming to have 4GB ROM for example: aliexpress.com/product-gs/344418180-10-inch-apads-android-system-1GHz-CPU-256MB-RAM-wholesale-price-wholesalers.html

Last edited:

drachensun

Nov 16, 2010
I just got two of these in today so first some review I guess. One had a problem after about an hour where it won't reboot, gets stuck on the green "powered by wowpad" screen. The factory guys are looking into it. I'm pretty happy with the other one, the market is working and everything. The wifi was having a lot of problems, limited range, slow, intermittent even close to the router then I turned off WPA and it is blazing now, decent range too. I mainly got it because of the HDMI but I don't have a mini HDMI cable yet, so I will post more info once I get one and try it out.

I have some questions too. Has anybody had any luck actually flashing one or getting a terminal to it? I would appreciate any details. I would like to try resetting the filesystem with my setup from the working device if possible. I don't own a ZT-180 but I read the" how to flash" stuff and they seem to have a USB device port so you can hook it up to the computer. My x220 has two usb host ports but I don't see how to hook it up as a USB device. Do you use one of the host ports with some special cable? Seems like an A male to A male would have problems.

One thing I did figure out, holding down the back button while it starts gives some debug info (with no explanation) and a boot countdown and I would guess that is the uboot (or equivalent) output but I haven't figure out how to interrupt the boot. I plugged up a keyboard but it looks like it isn't initialized until after this screen.

Last edited:

madscalp

Jan 26, 2008
Hi guys
It's time now to checkpoint .
It seems there are several models, several features , several providers with several rates.
In my opinion, we need now new owners of this device provide us:
-the seller and the rate
-the screen size (pixel issue)
-the true processor...overclocked or no
-the exact package ...accessories
-and the general review about the touchscreen, the battery....etc

With these informations, we can have a clearer idea about this device.
Thank you to the new owners to help us.

bmamo

Nov 15, 2010
Hi Guys,
this is my first post here, so Hello :) I'm putting in some answers to the above:

Hi guys
It seems there are several models, several features , several providers with several rates.
-the seller and the rate

chinagrabber.com - around €180 - being sold as orphan M16-GPS

Don't know how to check resolution - any help?

mine has an 800Mhz, maybe overclocked?

tablet, power supply, Europe adapter, GPS antenna, stylus (other than the one built in), earphones, lots and lots of bubble wrap ;)

touchscreen is resistve, sometimes not very responsive, but sometimes responds almost like a capacitive i dare say, GPS takes 3 - 4 minutes to get a fix, accuracy was actually pretty good at around 5 meters from my position on google maps, market works ok, shortcuts screen is in 3d and is a little slow (don't know how to disable it - any help anyone?), overall very happy with it, using dolphin browser HD instead of built in browser. Battery at first wasn't good at all, but after a couple of charges it's ok. never gets to 100% though only gets to 93% and stops charging. might need to calibrate i guess. yesterday used it non stop (wifi on, tested gps, browsed and bought online other stuff, played games, live wallpaper, watched small clips from pen drive, etc..) battery gave me at least 3 hours, and still had juice on it but i had to sleep as i was too tired.

Thanks for this thread. I couldn't really find lots of info regarding this. actually at first thought this was a ZT-180, but then found out that M16 isn't M16-GPS :p hehe.

any info regarding updated roms would sure be welcome... hate that register screen everytime i power on or try system update!

dixie265

Jan 9, 2008
Hi guys

-the seller and the rate
witglobal.com $172.49 + postage

1024 x 600

791.34Mhz ARM V6l

Memory
Internal storage 0.96gb
System storage 192mb
System Cache 64mb
Memory 184mb

APad GF10 10 Inch Touch Screen with stylus, Power pack, ear plugs, gps antenna

Screen not very good with finger but works fine with stylus
Speakers are rubbish and volume is very low
Battery seems to last about 4 hrs but charge time is 6-8 hrs
Keyboard and mouse works fine with tablet
USB 3G stick..limited to a few and may only work in China
Huawei E1750, Huawei EC122, Vtion 1916, ZTE ac2736.

"hate that register screen everytime i power on or try system update!"
Disable system update with startup manager or simular

Last edited:

madscalp

Jan 26, 2008
Thx to the owners.
It seems witglobal is providing a 800 MHz processor no a 1 GHz....no correct
We are waiting for other sellers
Let's go :D

mtjnkee

Feb 4, 2009
Jackson, ms
Making the big decision

Ok, so i have been monitoring this thread for some time now. Ive seen some good things and some bad. I tried to purchase the ZT-180 from the same dealer that i am about to purchase this table from http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/603738/210504357-356683028/FREE-SHIPPING-10-2-Android-2-1-MINI-Netbook-Laptop-MID-Tablet-PC-Touch-Screen-WIFI.html . The problem is that as this mathces all of tghe Flytouch2 specs i see it nowhere in this ad. I dont want to be stuck with a plastic screen or a POS tablet. nay feedback from anyone concerning this tablet? and has anyone been able to enter a recovery or bootloader mode for these tablets? Any luck on a cyan port i guess is where i am headed. Also, anyone try GDE on them yet?

Drazix

Sep 3, 2008
The problem is that as this mathces all of tghe Flytouch2 specs i see it nowhere in this ad. I dont want to be stuck with a plastic screen or a POS tablet.

If you look at one of the pictures, it clearly shows 'Flytouch' logo on the screen. But you will be stuck with a plastic screen anyway, because it's not made of glass (allthough some people think differently, so I'm not 100% sure, but it doesnt feel like glass).

and has anyone been able to enter a recovery or bootloader mode for these tablets?

You can enter 'Android Recovery Mode', from which you can flash another ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First NAND-flash Froyo Release

Thanks to user LaurensBER @ AndroidForums.com I managed to get a working pointer calibration file, after which I deem the first froyo version that can be written to the internal NAND flash ready!

VIDEO

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASE NOTES

• Please provide feedback if things work, or do not work for you.
    • If it eats your tablet, don't blame me. I deem it low-risk though, if it fails you can reflash it using burntool or another bootable sd-card just like before.

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip: http://www.mediafire.com/?oc1bwnq71smb09k

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using Win32DiskImager:

• Get Win32DiskImager here: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer
    • In Win32DiskImager: When you open it, there is a button to browse the .img file and after that, at the right of this button there is a selector for the SD-card. Select it, then click write and it's done.
    • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
    dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
      • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
    • Flashing was succesful, but the system freezes at the android animation!
      • For this firmware to work, you need to have u-boot version 0.6.1.5 installed. You can tell if you have this by looking at the INFOTMIC bootscreen you see when you turn on the tablet. If the bottom right corner does not show a version number, then you don't have it. To install this, you will need to connect the tablet to your PC using an USB A-A cable and flash u-boot-nand.bin from the v2852 firmware first.

TODO

• Find out why some users can't get past the android boot animation despite seemingly succesful flashing
    • Rewrite instructions for creating the sdcard @ windows
    • Figure out why Titanium Backup doesn't work

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
    • battery status works, g-sensor works
    • touchscreen works (precalibrated, you cannot recalibrate it using the settings app)
    • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
    • Market works (full)
    • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
    • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
    • GPS confirmed
    Froyo NAND ROM for Flytouch2 by Stragulus

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASE NOTES

• Please provide feedback if things work, or do not work for you.
    • If it eats your tablet, don't blame me. I deem it low-risk though, if it fails you can reflash it using burntool or another bootable sd-card just like before.

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip: http://www.mediafire.com/?4quqzqyce9eje7a

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using WinHex:

• Get WinHex here: http://www.winhex.com/winhex/
    • In WinHex: tools, disk tools, clone disk
    • Choose file from zip (sdcard.img)
    • Choose the sd card as your destination
    • Start sector: fill in 0, also make sure the directories are correct on left
    • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
    dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
      • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
    • Flashing was succesful, but the system doesn't boot up!
      • The installer dumps one or more text files on the root of your sd-card during the 'green screen' flashing stage. Upload all these files and link to them here.

TODO

• Find out why some users can't get past the android boot animation despite seemingly succesful flashing
    • Rewrite instructions for creating the sdcard @ windows
    • Figure out why Titanium Backup doesn't work

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
    • battery status works, g-sensor works
    • touchscreen works (precalibrated, you cannot recalibrate it using the settings app)
    • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
    • Market works (full)
    • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
    • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
    • GPS confirmed
    Stragulus' FT2 SD Froyo port process (How To)

UPDATE: Froyo port to NAND flash now available HERE
    IF you still want to run Froyo from sd be sure to get the pointer calibration file located at the link above and insert into the appropriate location of the files below. Note: If you don't know where or how to insert the pointer file you should just flash the FT3 to NAND.

If you don't understand what you are doing/how to do it then you should probably wait for a simple sd card install. This requires the use of a lot of different tools that everyone may not have/understand. Read through it all before you start the process. Neither I nor anyone else referenced throughout take responsibility for anything that happens to your tablet. In other words, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I hope to have an sd card install worked out soon so anyone not in a hurry may want to wait. I also think I have a clockworkmod recovery process (read: Backup) worked out so anyone that does want to try the below or an sd install can have a backup to go back to if all doesn't go well (and sometimes it won't).

People that know what you are doing (you know who you are) please feel free to respond if you see error in my delivery. I am just trying to clean up the process around Stragulus' outstanding work (he has a Donate button!) spread out over many many posts. Feel free to "Thank" me if this write up is useful to you.

-Download necessary files-
    Download Flytouch 3 files (using this google cached page of download link):
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...E78SDFbJd121Gfftg&sig2=jBjp0lQBhebR0Q5vgAUChQ
    *Rename firmware-discovery to .zip, open (thanx for the catch kineticz)
    Keep system.tar and ramdisk.img

Download updated kernel (uimage) and wifi driver here:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=547139&d=1300632589
    Keep uimage and rt2070sta.ko (wifi driver)

-Set up tablet to run Froyo from sd card-
    Use WinHex or WIN32DiskIMager (free) to make a bootable sd card using bootable sd .img from second link in this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11830573&postcount=1504

Put uimage and ramdisk.img files on sd card
    (you may have to format entire card (705MB) FAT32 to drag/drop files to it)
    Put sd card in tablet, turn on.
    Let it burn kernel and ramdisk

OR

Use burntool
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10214773&postcount=899
    (ignore firmware files)

-Set up sd card for running Froyo-
    Partition all of your sd card back to FAT32 (Easus Partition Manager for pc is free)
    You will now create a total of 6 partitions

First PRIMARY partition (empty): Format this as fat32

Second PRIMARY partition (will become /system): Format as ext3. Recommend 192MB size

Third PRIMARY partition (will become /data): Format as ext3. Use rest of space, BUT leave 256MB for last Primary.

Lastly create another PRIMARY partition of 256MB: Format as FAT32

Select/highlight the PRIMARY partition created last (256MB). Right click/choose to create logical partition WITHIN it.
    First LOGICAL partition (will become /local): Format as ext3. Recommend 128MB size
    Second LOGICAL partition: Format as fat32. Recommend 128MB size

-Copy system to sdcard-
    Plug tablet into pc/mac using usb cable
    Using linux enter the following:
    sudo mkdir -p /mnt/system
    sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sdX2 /mnt/system
    sudo tar -C /mnt/system -xvpf /path/to/system.tar
    (/path/to/system.tar is location where you have the system.tar on your pc/mac)

-Fix wifi file-
    While tablet is still plugged into pc/mac
    Using linux enter the following:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp
    cp rt2070sta.ko /mnt/tmp/lib/modules/

REBOOT TABLET

-Root with Universal Root 1.6.2 beta 5-
    Referenced http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Universal_Androot
    Firmware update 1480, instructions and download link

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I talked to the Chinese seller that sold me my Flytouch II and he gave me the new 1480 firmware , along with Winhex program and instructions. You have to create a clone SD card with Winhex following the instructions in the package (word doc file), then quick format it FAT32 then copy the files under the android folder supplied in the package, but be careful! I tried it under windows 7 and it doesn't work, then I tried it on a laptop running windows XP Sp3 and all went perfectly and smoothly. Also be aware that you must insert the TF card in the upper slot of the Flytouch the one closer to the side with all the physical buttons, this is the only bootable slot.

I have noticed that my tablet is running slightly smoother under 1480 firmware, and some icons have changed and also the OI File manager is now simply called File manager and has better graphics, also there is a handwriting recognition option as an input choice apart from more keyboard types. I haven't had much more time testing other options, but can post later on my experience on the run.

Also you should know that you will loose all your programs and settings and the rooting of the tablet. It is advisable to use a backup program (Titanium Backup Pro or Mybackup Pro) and you have to root the tablet again , with z4root for example, after flashing.

I have uploaded the whole package to my megaupload account, here is the link:

w w w . megaupload. com / ?d=WN82D9E2

Happy flashing! ;D
    Wifi + Rotation now works

See title. I also rooted the rom by adding SuperUser + the su binary. All required files are in the attachment.

To get this to work, first mount the /system partition of the sd-card on your computer on /mnt/tmp (assuming linux users here), then:

Replace the wifi driver with rt2070sta.ko from the attachment:

Code:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp
    cp rt2070sta.ko /mnt/tmp/lib/modules/

If you want to root the rom:

Code:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp

cp su $SYSROOT/bin/su
    chown root.root $SYSROOT/bin/su
    chmod 6755 $SYSROOT/bin/su
    cp superuser.apk $SYSROOT/app/SuperUser.apk
    chown root.root $SYSROOT/app/SuperUser.apk
    chmod 755 $SYSROOT/app/SuperUser.apk

If you want to enable adb:

Code:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp

echo 'persist.service.adb.enable=1' >> $SYSROOT/build.prop

To fix the rotation, you need to flash the attached new uImage using burntool.

And that's all!

Who wants to turn this into an update that can be applied from sd-card? I'll focus on fixing or changing things when they come up, but so far it looks like this rom is already quite usable!

ADDENDUM: You *do* need to flash ramdisk.img from the FT3 firmware unmodified as well. It doesn't use the built-in ramdisk image as I presumed.