Issues after flashing Stock UCUCNE5

Search This thread

NebraskaJ

Nov 26, 2013
I just went back to stock after having CWM Recovery and BeanStalk 4.4.2. I used the recovery to wipe cache/data and flash the UCUCNE5 image ([ROM][4.4.2][Jul-2014] AT&T I317-UCUCNE5/MJ4 *Stock* Odex). I'd like to root the device and install the bootloader so WiFi will work now but I'm running into issues.

I can connect to the phone in MTP mode just fine, but Windows/Odin doesn't detect the phone in download mode. Not only that, but I can't turn the phone off while it's connected to the PC - it just reboots. I can get the phone to power down if it's not connected.

I've installed all of the updated Samsung drivers and Google ADB drivers. Anyone have any ideas?

terpin32

Jul 30, 2012
I just went back to stock after having CWM Recovery and BeanStalk 4.4.2. I used the recovery to wipe cache/data and flash the UCUCNE5 image ([ROM][4.4.2][Jul-2014] AT&T I317-UCUCNE5/MJ4 *Stock* Odex). I'd like to root the device and install the bootloader so WiFi will work now but I'm running into issues.

I can connect to the phone in MTP mode just fine, but Windows/Odin doesn't detect the phone in download mode. Not only that, but I can't turn the phone off while it's connected to the PC - it just reboots. I can get the phone to power down if it's not connected.

I've installed all of the updated Samsung drivers and Google ADB drivers. Anyone have any ideas?

Take a screen shot of your settings in the about tab

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PuffinMuphin

Dec 15, 2013
Huntington Beach,CA

take the battery out and try going into recovery mode and reflash the rom?

NebraskaJ

Nov 26, 2013
I can't seem to get recovery to work at all. The phone is connected and detected by Windows when powered on. When in download(stock recovery), the PC doesn't detect it. USB debugging is enabled, the computer security permissions are set for the PC.

Without access to recovery, am I able to do anything? Can I use ADB to force-flash the phone without it being in recovery?

NebraskaJ

Nov 26, 2013
Also, a wierd issue I mentioned before - the phone will NOT power down when connected to the PC, it just reboots. In addition, the phone, if powered down, will boot automatically when the USB cable is connected.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
You may be looking at a Kies emergency restore if Odin can't see the device. ..
Hopefully Kies does...

But I'm with puffin on this one. ..
Place a clean rooted rom to your external sd card by removing it from the device and using a pc card adapter. ..then put the card with the rom back into the device while it's still powered down. ..

Then boot the device to recovery if possible. ..and fully wipe. ..then flash the new rom from sd....

Once booted...you should be good to move forward. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ajc61290

Jul 29, 2013
West Springfield l
wondering

hey.. So i am running 4.3 stock rooted deoxed with twrp. i am wondering if there is a way to truly go back to stock so i can ota the 4.4.2 update. i have already tried flashing 4.1.1 and going all the way up from there and i get the update to download and install and it just hangs up on the att logo screen on boot. Is it possibly because the knox counter is tripped. someone help. im not a noob to custom roms or flashing i just cant figure out what is stopping it....

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
hey.. So i am running 4.3 stock rooted deoxed with twrp. i am wondering if there is a way to truly go back to stock so i can ota the 4.4.2 update. i have already tried flashing 4.1.1 and going all the way up from there and i get the update to download and install and it just hangs up on the att logo screen on boot. Is it possibly because the knox counter is tripped. someone help. im not a noob to custom roms or flashing i just cant figure out what is stopping it....

Boot to the stock recovery and wipe data then cache. ..
It should boot fine after that. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app