{PRO}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

murre87

Dec 2, 2009
How do i install the boot.img without flashtool? Possible from recovery?

Sent from my Xperia Arc using Tapatalk

Splog

Dec 9, 2008
Ok, i've just installed. nothing's really changed compared with FXP115, from what i can see.

Front camera - still broken
Face unlock - broken (regressed from FXP114)
Battery Usage Statistics - Still missing
Portable hotspot - broken
Wifi - still flakey.

I'll let people know how the battery life is once i've used it for a day or two.

Still perfectly usable though. thanks devs!

Reactions: devrruti

Splog

Dec 9, 2008
If devs want me to provide logs for any of these issues, then i'm happy to do so.

neolah

Jun 14, 2009
After all, it looks like the devs didn't fix any thing, plz FXP, tell us what differences between FXP 115 and FXP 119 exactly... and plz come with the details, not only:
CM9.0 RC0
- latest cm 9.0 fixes
- fixed front camera permissions(all devices with front camera)
- fixed all kernels

Reactions: devrruti

naveen88

May 14, 2009
www.mobi-planet.net
After all, it looks like the devs didn't fix any thing, plz FXP, tell us what differences between FXP 115 and FXP 119 exactly... and plz come with the details, not only:
CM9.0 RC0
- latest cm 9.0 fixes
- fixed front camera permissions(all devices with front camera)
- fixed all kernels

+1 on that

And there is no point in just giving these builds without having any interaction with users.

Reactions: neolah

OmarBizreh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
been trying it for few hours now, and I have to admit it's much better than the FX117 (which was the last one I tried)
but I do seem to have a problem with brightness, here is what I do:
1- set brightness to 100% (in settings)
2- turn screen off
3- turn screen back on and brightness is giving me 80% (even though in settings it's still on 100%)

any solution?!
Other than that till now everything is working flawlessly :D

neolah

Jun 14, 2009
been trying it for few hours now, and I have to admit it's much better than the FX117 (which was the last one I tried)
2- turn screen off
3- turn screen back on and brightness is giving me 80% (even though in settings it's still on 100%)

any solution?!

May be this release with you because you don't use the back and front camera,video recording... And don't use the word "EVERYTHING" when you didn't test all the function. Many thanks even if your test is not full..

Reactions: yjjstc

naveen88

May 14, 2009
www.mobi-planet.net
2- turn screen off

any solution?!

Can you please confirm whether video recording and front camera is working or not?
I am asking this as you had mentioned that everything is working flawlessly while many other users have reported that front camera and video recording doesn't work.

OmarBizreh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 26, 2011
Damascus
plus.google.com
May be this release with you because you don't use the back and front camera,video recording... And don't use the word "EVERYTHING" when you didn't test all the function. Many thanks even if your test is not full..

You have a point there, I should have said "Everything I tested" that would be better.
And yes, rarely use the Cam of my phone that's why I didn't test it ;)

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Can you please confirm whether video recording and front camera is working or not?
I am asking this as you had mentioned that everything is working flawlessly while many other users have reported that front camera and video recording doesn't work.

I don't have a front cam in my phone :)
As for the video recording it's not working too.

naveen88

May 14, 2009
www.mobi-planet.net
You have a point there, I should have said "Everything I tested" that would be better.
And yes, rarely use the Cam of my phone that's why I didn't test it ;)

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I don't have a front cam in my phone :)
As for the video recording it's not working too.

This is the thread for Xperia Pro. Afaik xperia pro has front camera and so does my xperia pro. Which phone do you use? Xperia UNKNOWN without front camera? :D

Last edited:

Splog

Dec 9, 2008
With regards to the camera questions:

Main camera works for photos only.
Main camera doesn't work for panorama (yellow screen) or video record ("camera has stopped working").
Front camera doesn't work for anything: photos, video or even face unlock like it used to.

I'm not sure if anyone's working on fixing Pro-specific issues. i'm not sure if these issues affect the Arc.

Loccy

Jul 12, 2005
Can someone do me a favour - go into settings and "About Phone" and tell me what kernel details are listed?

I installed over the top of FXP115 after wiping cache, and it seemed to go OK, but I was surprised to see a date of April 4th on the kernel details. Have I managed to flash the wrong something somewhere along the line?

Splog

Dec 9, 2008
Can someone do me a favour - go into settings and "About Phone" and tell me what kernel details are listed?

I installed over the top of FXP115 after wiping cache, and it seemed to go OK, but I was surprised to see a date of April 4th on the kernel details. Have I managed to flash the wrong something somewhere along the line?

hi loccy. i did a clean install with the new boot.img and i have 4th of april also. weird.

khodos

Mar 11, 2012
I know they work for free, and we have to be thankful, but it's kind of annoying the null support that FXP gave to us in the forums...

Top Liked Posts