[Q] SGH-I717: Firmware Upgrade Error
BeforeI begin I would like to state the I have searched the forum for solutions but the ones i findthe person can get into DL mode the only one that is just like my issue doesnt show how ODIN worked for him. but anywho...
I have a Glaxy SGH-I717 and it is stuck at the "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES & TRY AGAIN."
How this started was I newly installed Kies and tried to back it up, but by mistake started to upgrade it. not wanting to mess up the phone I let it run without the phone being in download mode. after a bit the upgrade failed and my phone was stuck at the error message screen above. to reboot the phone i have to remove the battery. pressing the button on turns it off but back on at the error screen. my computer makes the sound like it recognizes the phone but doenst show it in my computer. Kies just says connecting for awhile then stops.
Things I cant do with the phone
- get into download mode - when trying it goes the the press up or down button (ethier one goes to error screen)
- get into recovery mode - the samsung logo flashes for a second then goes to the error screen
things i have tried
- Using oding to flash ROM(tried two different files both from da_g for flashes)
each time odin states it failes at the write stage
- Kies emergency recovery (it freezes at 0% somtimes it says the phone is disconnected)
- Used one click fix program (made me click more then once)
I'am curently looking into trying the adb solution usind android sdk. just making the post here to see if anyone knew a easier solution to this.