WiFi PPPoE Flash zip
I have created a flash zip for WiFI based PPPoE connectivity.
Purpose / Why is this needed?
Many of us have DSL / PPPoE based connection which is set to bridged mode. PC / Laptop connects to internet via PPPoE / DSL dialer using username and password.
While it is easy to do it on PC / laptop, the android still can not. Only option is keep PC on allowing internet sharing via PC (PC becomes android's gateway)
This is waste of electricity as we need to keep PC / laptop on.
So I have created a small zip which uses rp-pppoe (from WiFI PPPoE android app)
How to install?
- Android version > 2.1 (tested for Android 4.3 / ARM only)
- Kernel which supports PPP (most kernels do)
- Android terminal emulater or similar
How to use?
- Flash the attached zip
- Restart android
- Using your favourite editor (root permission needed) change USERNAME and PASSWORD in file /system/bin/wifipppoe to as provided by your internet service provider
How to disable PPPoE?
- Start/activate WiFi on your android
- Open android terminal emulator
- Run the command: su -c wifipppoe #allow root access if prompted
- Thats all!
- Simply stop/de-activate WiFi
Hope this helps!