[APP][3.0+] Shake Freeze - Shake Rotation Control & Lock - with source codes
Marketing (scroll down for public beta test and dev info):
Do you get angry when your screen rotates the way you don't want? Do you always have urge to shake your phone to fix the screen orientation? Now you can shake your phone and it will rotate the screen to the correct position with Shake Freeze - a simple screen orientation control & lock app for your phone.
How it works
- Turn on the service
- Shake the phone up and down in portrait or landscape mode to lock screen in that position
- Shake the phone towards and away from you to swich between tilt (default auto-rotate) and shake controls
- Use the main app to control display orientation manually
- Shake to rotate screen
- Turn Auto-rotate On/Off in app (switch between tilt and shake controls)
- Customizable sensitivity
- Persistent background service accessible from notification toolbar
- Start on boot, start shaking immediately
- Source code available, no hidden secrets
- Force lock. Shake Freeze works ONLY in apps that do not have their preferred orientation (typically text apps like browsers etc)
- Current version doesn't change orientation on tablets (probably with most tablets, only the lock works)
- Modify system settings - orientation and auto-rotate are system settings
- Run at startup - optional, the shake detector service can start on boot. Default is OFF!
Free App - Attentionware
The app is completely free with no ads. Source code is available. The only thing I ask is your attention. If you like the app, please rate it, check my Android website, +1 on G+, like my page on Facebook and/or follow my Twitter.
If you have any questions or improvement suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me!
Public beta test
You can already check the app on your phone by becoming beta tester. Steps:
- Join this public community
- Visit thist link and become a tester
- Download and install from Google Play Store
Please report any problems/suggestions, but especially these:
- Ease of use
- Battery drain
And when you do, please let me know your phone brand and model.
Yet another auto-rotate app with a twist (and shake). Made as an excercise, it's my first app for Android that uses more than just display and touchscreen. I've seen better rotation lock apps (but they are paid) and better rotate to do something apps (but they don't have rotation lock). I am releasing the source codes in case you want to check out what the app does on boot etc. I would be extremely grateful if you can comment on the sources too, I am an Android beginner and I definitely have space to improve!
Shake Freeze - Shake Rotation Control & Lock, a Tool/Utility for the Android General
Current Beta Version:
Beta Release Date: