Google News doesn't work on my G-Pad. Anyone else?

Search This thread

CollinFX45

Nov 14, 2012
Hey Guys,

This issue is driving me absolutely crazy. Since I've had my G Pad, I have never successfully gotten news.google.com to work. It loads, then disappears and I am left with a blank page. I refresh, nothing. I did a factory reset, nothing. I just upgraded to the 4.4.2 KitKat leaked build, nothing - same issue. I really don't want to have to install another browser just to get to Google's own news page!

Am I the only one here? This seems so simple, yet it's so frustrating. My LG G2 works fine, my wife's Galaxy S4 works fine, my Nexus 7 works fine, etc. All using Chrome!

-Collin-

getmealive

Jul 1, 2010
I also can't get news.google.com to work with the default web browser or Google Chrome. But it work with UC Browser HD for Tablet. My G Pad is updated to kit Kat

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brian999

Mar 24, 2013
Chicago
I also have this issue but have you tried holding it in landscape orientation? Try both with auto rotate screen on. If you have the page loaded and go to landscape and then back to portrait it does work but still does not look correct.

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Hey Guys,

This issue is driving me absolutely crazy. Since I've had my G Pad, I have never successfully gotten news.google.com to work. It loads, then disappears and I am left with a blank page. I refresh, nothing. I did a factory reset, nothing. I just upgraded to the 4.4.2 KitKat leaked build, nothing - same issue. I really don't want to have to install another browser just to get to Google's own news page!

Am I the only one here? This seems so simple, yet it's so frustrating. My LG G2 works fine, my wife's Galaxy S4 works fine, my Nexus 7 works fine, etc. All using Chrome!

-Collin-

It bears mentioning that the Google Newstand app is designed specifically to display Google News on mobile devices. Otherwise there are some excellent 3rd party apps to read Google New, the best of which is NewsHog, which I use. For the record, I use Firefox for Android and can easily see Google News, but NewsHog is a far superior experience IMHO.

CollinFX45

Nov 14, 2012
I also can't get news.google.com to work with the default web browser or Google Chrome. But it work with UC Browser HD for Tablet. My G Pad is updated to kit Kat

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

I also have this issue but have you tried holding it in landscape orientation? Try both with auto rotate screen on. If you have the page loaded and go to landscape and then back to portrait it does work but still does not look correct.

Thank you Guys. Glad I'm not the only one. Well, sort of.

It bears mentioning that the Google Newstand app is designed specifically to display Google News on mobile devices. Otherwise there are some excellent 3rd party apps to read Google New, the best of which is NewsHog, which I use. For the record, I use Firefox for Android and can easily see Google News, but NewsHog is a far superior experience IMHO.

I will try that, thanks for the suggestion. Still confuses the heck out of me, however!

-Collin-

burgeke

Aug 19, 2010
I had the same issue. Tried 3 different chargers. Finally called at&t and they
sent a replacement. If your USB/charge port looks like this, you'll probably have to have it replaced.

Top pick is my old tilt, bottom one is the new tilt

USB_Old.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/p51d007/Misc/USB_New.jpg

Long standing issue unfortunately... if you're logged in, go into your settings and change crack to the old news view.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/news/qV_LshsdF1s/iPHuCDwsdOwJ

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Long standing issue unfortunately... if you're logged in, go into your settings and change crack to the old news view.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/news/qV_LshsdF1s/iPHuCDwsdOwJ

*back. Can't edit for some reason...