[Q] G900F vs G900W8

Search This thread

shadowofdarkness

Jun 11, 2010
Is there any difference between these phones from my bit of research I see posts about W8 owners flashing F custom roms. I know that letter differences don't always mean any changes since I am coming from a Galaxy S 2 i9100M which is virtually the same as the international to the point I just started referring to it as the international online.

I want to know since I am looking to update and due to my carrier refusing to give me a new contract pricing on the W8 unless I increase my monthly bill (I'm grandfathered into a really good promo plan. $63 when it would be $90 for the exact same now)

If they are not exactly the same would I have any problem using the F in Canada on Telus

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON

kl25

Apr 10, 2010
Official Samsung page for the W8:

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/SM-G900WZKABMC-techspecs

Official page for the F:

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/mobile/product/smartphone/SM-G900FZDAO2U-spec

Looks like the frequencies supported might vary slightly. I am not sure whether the F will run on Canadian LTE bands, and I hope someone who knows the local frequencies can chime in.

I am personally using a Rogers W8 model in Toronto.

bump...

i have the exact same question regarding using the F version in Canada with Rogers wireless...

thanks.

shadowofdarkness

Jun 11, 2010
Thanks for those links about the frequencies. I have decided that if I get one I will just get the local W8. For better frequency compatibility plus the fact I had forgotten about the recent trend of region locking that might of caused a problem with getting the F version.

johan81

Apr 18, 2011
If you are Canadian avoid the F at all times! It won't be compatible with your LTE bands!! You need the 700Mhz band and that is not supported with the F version.

vasodys

Jun 11, 2014
Anyone know if I can flash a G900F modem on W8? I was given one as a gift bought online and now I have a small problem in my country with it.

Chameau2002

Jun 30, 2014
Any new info?

Hi,
I would also be really interested by a way to flash the modem on the S5. I own a W8 and have some issue using it in France...
Any idea ?? :D