Samsung Galaxy Note/GT-N7000 WIKI -Please Help To Update-

Search This thread

Arniesam

Apr 15, 2013
Downgrade from Jellybean to Gingerbread

I am using a Samsung Note GT N7000 and had recently upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jellybean. On doing so, my battery life has halved from a full day to a half day. First I would like to check with you if this is normal and whether there is a way around this problem. Otherwise, if I need to downgrade to a lower version of Android, could you suggest what version should I go for. As I have never done this before, could you guide me to a site or resource which can help me with the same.

timescoop

May 6, 2013
Bradford
Hi Arniesam,

the Galaxy Note plays just fine with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 and only had Gingerbread for a very short amount of time. I would advise going back to ICS.

Jul 15, 2011
battery issues

I am using a Samsung Note GT N7000 and had recently upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jellybean. On doing so, my battery life has halved from a full day to a half day. First I would like to check with you if this is normal and whether there is a way around this problem. Otherwise, if I need to downgrade to a lower version of Android, could you suggest what version should I go for. As I have never done this before, could you guide me to a site or resource which can help me with the same.

yes there are battery issues with JellyBean stock rom as far as i am aware. if you want to keep jellybean then you may want to try out the XXLT4 rom which will also put on some of the note 2 features plus help with the batt life issue.

see here for summary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewXT8C35mtk

and here for the relevant xda thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1970626

Amm31c

Aug 20, 2012
Paris
Hey

My note has issues like over heating, constantly my ram goes above 600 and sometimes it is even above 700.
Battery life is around 5 hours max if i use more than 2-3 apps at a time.
Should i sell my phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

ur answer is here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39163079

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

do not downgrade you may find the solution here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39163079

skandats

Jun 16, 2013
Bangalore
I'm running my N7000 on stock JB ROM and phillz kernel. My phone is more than 1 year and 4 months old and was suffering from poor battery and was blaming JB for that. On checking the batteries, I observed the battery was bulged. Replaced it to Anker 2700mAh and things are great now. Almost similar to the GB days! check your battery and replace them if it more than 1 year old. Note battery is known for its battery issue after an year.

bsaketh

May 16, 2012
I'm running my N7000 on stock JB ROM and phillz kernel. My phone is more than 1 year and 4 months old and was suffering from poor battery and was blaming JB for that. On checking the batteries, I observed the battery was bulged. Replaced it to Anker 2700mAh and things are great now. Almost similar to the GB days! check your battery and replace them if it more than 1 year old. Note battery is known for its battery issue after an year.

I've been using my Note since 1 1/2 year, I have'nt noticed any bulge but the battery seems to drain a lot on stock JB. I used to get 1 day tops. Now, I'm using SuperNexus 2.0 it's light and I get 2 days with moderate usage and 3 1/2 days with light usage.

bboy16633

Apr 29, 2013
OnePlus Nord

battery draining depend on phone usage or stock rom is also used so much battery. there is no need to replace it.......used greenfly or custom rom its also help you to save battery.......changing battery is not a solution ...or stock battery is 2500mAh or u used 2700mAh it means better result ///.......

vkky_

May 12, 2014
how can install KITKAT 4.4.2 OMNI plz help

how can install KITKAT 4.4.2 OMNI..?? my Samsung galaxy note N7000 android version 4.1.2 and i cant install CWM can some one help me??

em sorry if my Question already ask :(

how can install KITKAT 4.4.2 OMNI..?? my Samsung galaxy note N7000 android version 4.1.2 and i cant install CWM can some one help me??

em sorry if my Question already ask :(

This is the wiki thread in the general forum. So no questions here. These belong to Q&A.
Maybe a short study of the XDA forum rules will help you too
And if you want to install Omni: switch to the Omni thread and follow the installation instructions. Search and understand the necessary steps related to the correct kernel with SELinux support (search for RAW kernel).
You should a least learn the basics related to installing custom roms. Then you'll avoid many frustating hours with the Note.

Kael ruch

Feb 5, 2014
Dhaka
Give a man a blanket and you can keep him warm for a night. Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all

I have created the Galaxy Note Wiki. I find that if they are updated, they can be a great source of information to all. Please help to keep it updated, as it helps out note newbies and cuts down on them opening new threads in the forum.

This helps to keep the clutter down on the main forum, so makes it easier for us all!

Please update it with any thing you feel is valid. I will leave this thread open to discuss Wiki issues.

Hope its useful

Your friendly Note Moderation Team:)
    Dirty micro usb connector

Might want to keep this one handy. It's shown up on multiple discussion
    groups. "phantom" USB connections. Device will think it is connecting,
    disconnecting. If it isn't a damaged USB port, it might just be contaminated.
    Found photos of a clean & dirty port.

USB1.jpg

After hitting it with a can of air to remove the dust/debris, I found a green
    substance, shaded here in red, of contamination of the pins 4 & 5, which
    according to the microusb wiki, is used for ID and or cable connection to
    alert a device of a cable being connected.

USB2.jpg

Pulled the battery, dipped a LINT FREE cloth in alcohol, cleaned it, let it
    dry, then hit it again with a blast of canned air, now it looks like this!

USB3.jpg

Not one issue since Monday.
    linux-os section contribution

I'd like to contribute a section in the wiki on linux-os-only tools and guides. See my post in:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1533741

Is this or interest ?
    Great Wiki. Just cleaning up a few details on the specs. The compass is a magnetometer, its the software that interprets the data and gives compass readings. the magnetometer can be used for many other applications. I removed reference to 'Gorilla Glass' Samsung sometime ago, confessed that the branded Gorilla glass was not used in the GTN7k, but Samsungs own 'version' of it.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but I know there are people who do not want a compass, but they do want a magnetometer. Couple of universities are carrying out experiments with smartphone mags. Hence my being pedantic.

....and just to repeat...Great Wiki.....:D

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

....Also, I would like to add a short piece under the 'Tips section' about using the 'note with HDMI. Is there any particular way to do this, or just type away?..;)

Its best to start a thread with the advice (if one does not already exist), and then add a link to it in the wiki.

Peace!
    Is there a guide on how to deodex Note's stock Samsung ROM? I did a few search in the Wiki, can't find much info that is related to Note.

As far as i am aware, no. Have you searched the main note forum?

My note has issues like over heating, constantly my ram goes above 600 and sometimes it is even above 700.
    Battery life is around 5 hours max if i use more than 2-3 apps at a time.
    Should i sell my phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

The Ram situation is normal, it is the way android operates, there are many threads about this in multiple forums.

As for the battery use, try downloading a battery monitor app from the market, i would imagine you have a rouge app thats eating your battery.

I dont quite think its time to sell up yet:rolleyes:

Questions are best posted in the Q&A section, you would probably of got a faster response there.

Peace!