[DEV][CM9] Iconia ICS Project - New builds 8 July

Search This thread

blancocar

Dec 25, 2011

gh123man

Is the audio fix pushed to source code? I was building it from source, but the audio was on very low volume (except headset).

WayDownSouth is still working on it, so no not yet. he could shed more light on this than I.

Any updates about Steve Kondik's approval?
Keep your great work up, guys:)

well technically things are "approved" just working out bugs. he did approve of my rotation patch, but the merge failed because it needs a rebase (something changed just before the merge causing it to fail). im going to try to get the issue worked out tonight. (oral surgery tomorrow :( may be out of order for a day or 2. )

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
First up, sorry for the lack of updates, I just got an unexpected promotion at work, so have been pretty well tied up with that for the last couple of weeks.
Is the audio fix pushed to source code? I was building it from source, but the audio was on very low volume (except headset).
The further I dug into the audio, the more I realised that I need to ifdef a lot of things for each of the devices, still working on it & will keep working on it.
In the meantime, I'm going to push a generic audio HAL that is configured via an (editable) xml file, it should help to zero in on the right settings for each of the devices.
I'm not an audio engineer by any means & what sounds acceptable to me may not to others, so, this approach will give you guys a bit of power to be able to adjust the mixer to suit your needs...
Will post a rough guide when the time comes.

Need to test out my shiny new ssd, will get synced up & new builds posted this weekend.

wds

Falcon1

Dec 20, 2011
Sorry but I guess this post is outdated since there is another post talking about this topic.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Last edited:

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
First up, sorry for the lack of updates, I just got an unexpected promotion at work, so have been pretty well tied up with that for the last couple of weeks.

The further I dug into the audio, the more I realised that I need to ifdef a lot of things for each of the devices, still working on it & will keep working on it.
In the meantime, I'm going to push a generic audio HAL that is configured via an (editable) xml file, it should help to zero in on the right settings for each of the devices.
I'm not an audio engineer by any means & what sounds acceptable to me may not to others, so, this approach will give you guys a bit of power to be able to adjust the mixer to suit your needs...
Will post a rough guide when the time comes.

Need to test out my shiny new ssd, will get synced up & new builds posted this weekend.

wds

Ok, write here when you fix the build, I'll setup a nightly builder.

gh123man

Hold your horses this is almost ready for cm nightlies g123man just rebased his commits yesterday for he rotation switch and he uploaded a few new patch sets today too.

im alive, fixed up the last one this morning (noon maybe?). i may be stumbling around my house on pain killers but i can still do stuff!

EDIT: everything (all my stuff) is merged!

Last edited:

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Great news, looks like the nightlys will be starting then!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
Are these going to be posted at get.cm?

No, these would be unofficial, for the time when official nightly builder not available.

Oh btw. small issue in the extract-files.sh script:

Code:
[ ! -d $dir ] && mkdir [COLOR="Red"]-p[/COLOR] $dir

mdkri in that line is missing the "-p" switch for recursive dir creation.

Last edited:
Reactions: hav0c

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
No, these would be unofficial, for the time when official nightly builder not available.

Oh btw. small issue in the extract-files.sh script:

Code:
[ ! -d $dir ] && mkdir [COLOR="Red"]-p[/COLOR] $dir

mdkri in that line is missing the "-p" switch for recursive dir creation.

Before I flash this... would you elaborate how to edit and where it is....

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Continuing on from gh123man's Open ICS thread, we extended the scope of the project to cover the A100 & A200 devices too.
    For the last month we've been quietly working on this & the wheels are now in motion to get the devices merged into CyanogenMods source.
    It should only be a matter of time till the nightlies start rolling.

Merge status: Done
    If you wanted to compile for yourself, follow one of the many guides on xda to get your machine set up & the CyanogenMod source downloaded.
    Following instructions are for the a500, substitute a100 or a200 as needed

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_a500-userdebug

Wait for the device folders to be downloaded.
    Connect your device via adb.

Run extract-files.sh in the device/acer/a500 folder

Code:
    brunch cm_a500-userdebug

wait for the compile to finish (can take a while), flash new rom...

Builds (see post 2)

Contributors:
    myself, gh123man, hbwelch, randomblame, shchers

Please hit the thanks button on some of their posts too, this has been a team effort. :)

Once we're official, threads will be started for each of the devices in their respective forums, in the meantime it'd be good to keep discussion here so it's a little easier for us to track.

Not working:

Known bugs:
    Wifi? haven't had a report of trouble in a long time... tentatively saying this is no longer an issue

Reporting bugs
    Please please please read the following:
    If you have a bug, we need a bit more info than "such & such isn't working"

Things to check before reporting a bug
    Did you wipe before flashing the build?
    If no, nandroid, wipe & re-flash...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

Did you restore settings/data using Ti backup or similar?
    If yes, nandroid, wipe, re-flash & don't restore your data...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

If you've done the above, & the bug is still there, we need some debugging info!
    logcat output is usually a pretty good start (post it to pastebin or similar), we will let you know if we need more.

Credits & thanks:
    vache - all the leaked ROM's
    drellisdee - patched A500 kernel
    CyanogenMod - source
    Google - source
    More to come.
    FAQ
    Q: assert.failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="Picas so" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="picasso" E:Error in /sdcard/Download/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-picasso-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip Status 7
    A: Open the zip. Go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top line with the assert then repackage and flash :) has to do with your recovery. some recovery's name the device differently (thors for example does this, just as an example). our tree uses the device name picasso, if the recovery does not use picasso it will fail, the only fix for this is a unified recovery or to remove the line from the update-script, hope this more detailed answer helps more...

Downloads

ICONIA A500
    UPDATED: 7/8/12
    RELEASE: beta 1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/iyim60a40fniqz4/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

ICONIA A200
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzn9t2qzuu79o2m/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

ICONIA A100
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywbcch9o8ami2bz/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

Gapps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Sources
    see cyanogenmod github

ENJOY! :)
    News

An update for you all,
    Yesterday, the a100, 200 & 500 devices were merged into CyanogenMod's source.

We're just getting up to speed with the internal workings at cm & have a bit of work to do, but, nightlies should be starting to roll soon.

Stay tuned :)
    & here's some new builds ready to go.

a500
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5sum 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

a200
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

a100
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

enjoy :)
    Hi All,
    I am currently re-working the audio HAL, still a WIP but needs testing & feedback.

- external mic detection is fixed (need to know if capture volume is ok?)
    - overall volume should be better
    - HDMI audio should hopefully be working (I have no means to test this)

please test & report your findings.

a500 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6ede8c89b770927e6a379aab6caf6243

a200 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5 a2b21ef7d85984882bb69bd5f3bae13e

a100 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5 b02f87f6cc9fd72fa26b4c46385a65cf