Cleaning the HTC One X

Search This thread

ORStoner

Jan 22, 2012
Eastbourne
Hi!

I'm an owner of the HTC One X and I'm also a clean freak!

I noticed that the back marks really easily and the only way of cleaning it I have found so far is to use window cleaner, but I'm worried it will damage the material. Does anybody have any ideas?

Also, dust and dirt get into the gaps between the screen and the bezel, as well as inside the front facing camera. Once again, any ideas?

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions or any other troubles people have had cleaning it.

Thank you!

Tiersten

Aug 5, 2010
Also, dust and dirt get into the gaps between the screen and the bezel, as well as inside the front facing camera. Once again, any ideas?
I used some post-it notes and carefully cleaned out the dust. If anything gets stick in the speaker holes then you can use the sticky part of a post-it to remove it.

Don't go nuts though and really jam in the paper as you might get it stuck then tear it or you may push dust further into the phone.

Reactions: Asseel

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
There is a paper tape. It is very good suction dust >>> People still use it to suck the dust particles remaining on the screen before applying the protective sheet.
I think the measures are very good so you can remove dust in crevices on your device.

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
I have been using "Pledge clean and dust multi-surface Original" for a couple of years to clean my notebook including the screen and and other electronics including my mobile phones it works great, also it cheap to buy, just make sure you spay a small amount onto a cloth and not on the item to be cleaned.

It says it for metal, electronic, glass and wood on the can.

http://www.ocado.com/product/50112011

John.

Tiersten

Aug 5, 2010
I noticed that the back marks really easily and the only way of cleaning it I have found so far is to use window cleaner, but I'm worried it will damage the material. Does anybody have any ideas?
You could test it by spraying some on an old junk CD/DVD that you don't want. The One X case is polycarbonate and so are CDs/DVDs. The exact recipe of polycarbonate isn't going to be the same but if the cleaner damages the CD/DVD then it isn't going to be a good idea to try it on the One X.

kenshin1

May 29, 2009
I got the white one x and typically use just water and microfiber cloth. If water doesn't do the trick I use eye glass solution. Seems to work fine.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

wayne56

Apr 17, 2012
I have the white HTC One X, and I work building and fitting sheds and gates ( so a lot of dirt ). I picked up my phone after a days work and the back just got covered in dirt finger prints/smudges, and i know this sounds ridiculous, but the next day they were all gone and the phone was as clean as new... Thanks HTC for the self cleaning phone :D

Reactions: Goku80

flightposite

Jun 13, 2010
Hi!

I'm an owner of the HTC One X and I'm also a clean freak!

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions or any other troubles people have had cleaning it.

Thank you!

Try using 3M lint remover.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

zekit

Oct 25, 2011
I have the white HTC One X, and I work building and fitting sheds and gates ( so a lot of dirt ). I picked up my phone after a days work and the back just got covered in dirt finger prints/smudges, and i know this sounds ridiculous, but the next day they were all gone and the phone was as clean as new... Thanks HTC for the self cleaning phone :D

and there goes my worries about getting the white one because it might get dirty very quickly :D

wayne56

Apr 17, 2012
and there goes my worries about getting the white one because it might get dirty very quickly :D

:D The only time I have noticed it got dirty was the first time taking it into work, once it 'self cleaned' it has never had dirt smudges on it since ( not from memory anyway), strange I know, I'm not mad... :eek:

gordongartrell

Sep 28, 2010
OP, Google a product called Cyber Clean. It's similar to silly puddy. You smear it on your phone. Once you remove the goo, it picks up most of the hard to reach dust particles. You can get it at most computer stores.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I was using some liquid eyeglass cleaner on my screen and some must have leaked in to the display. A dark grey blob started from the left of the display and gradually began moving toward the center, shrinking as it made its way across the screen. It ended up disappearing overnight and there's no sign that it was ever there. Moral of the story? 1) Be careful with liquid cleaners and 2) the display's not entirely or well sealed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used some post-it notes and carefully cleaned out the dust. If anything gets stick in the speaker holes then you can use the sticky part of a post-it to remove it.

Don't go nuts though and really jam in the paper as you might get it stuck then tear it or you may push dust further into the phone.
    I'm thinking if airbrushing some speckles into my white One X so that if it does get dirty, you wont be able to tell!!!
    I'm thinking if airbrushing some speckles into my white One X so that if it does get dirty, you wont be able to tell!!!

I think an airbrushed one x would look amazing actually :D. I hope someone is crazy enough to do it
    I just use a microfibre cloth from 3m, works great for the screen