considering Note 3 how is battey

Search This thread

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Hi Note 3 owners, are you getting 16 hours plus on the Note 3 as I do on ny Note 2 with 3 + hourse of screen time? Im considering Note 3 or G Flex (But has low resolution )

Thanks in advance.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Really depends on how you use the phone, what kind of signal you get, how you work inside, if you play games etc.

Typically I get a good 10 hours on my phone without any charging, but I am seldom in that position, I have wireless chargers at work and home and charge any time I am sleeping.

Never had a note 2 to compare with but this phone is way better than my previous and I use it a lot more than the old one.

Reactions: pvaldeben

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Really depends on how you use the phone, what kind of signal you get, how you work inside, if you play games etc.

Typically I get a good 10 hours on my phone without any charging, but I am seldom in that position, I have wireless chargers at work and home and charge any time I am sleeping.

Never had a note 2 to compare with but this phone is way better than my previous and I use it a lot more than the old one.

Thought the 6.5 hours was a joke. Wow 10 hour is not mutch unless you are a extra heavy user. I would usually get between 14 to 16 hours with about 3 hours of screen on for internet and gaming. This was on Jedi Master x20 with custom rom

someone out must be getting 14 to 16 hours. If not is it because oh the HD screen?

going to do more research on Note 3.

thanks for your insite.

parusia

Nov 19, 2010
Houston
Thought the 6.5 hours was a joke. Wow 10 hour is not mutch unless you are a extra heavy user. I would usually get between 14 to 16 hours with about 3 hours of screen on for internet and gaming. This was on Jedi Master x20 with custom rom

someone out must be getting 14 to 16 hours. If not is it because oh the HD screen?

thanks for your insite.

2uzy6u6y.jpg
y7ynytan.jpg

This is my screen time on my note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I'm getting 10+ hours of screen time on my Note 3. I'm rooted with just a deodexed stock rom with bloat removed. This phone is amazing with battery life.

10 hours off screen time uh? I believe u only if u only swipe through home screens and don't use the phone normally. I was getting 8 hours of screen time with the G flex with heavy use and the note 3 cannot pull that off, be real.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
10 hours off screen time uh? I believe u only if u only swipe through home screens and don't use the phone normally. I was getting 8 hours of screen time with the G flex with heavy use and the note 3 cannot pull that off, be real.

he is real there is someone if not him have proven with screenshots, our phone can handle that. its all about knowing how to prioritize your battery on your phone and settings. not every phone is the same so some can handle and do that others may not.

And the G-Flex isn't even out yet

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
he is real there is someone if not him have proven with screenshots, our phone can handle that. its all about knowing how to prioritize your battery on your phone and settings. not every phone is the same so some can handle and do that others may not.

The G flex isnt even out yet? Its been out for nearly 3 months, its called the unlocked korean version.

Second, I dont care what screen shots one provides, u cannot get 10hrs of screen on time of "normal usage" on the note 3, thats not happening unless your goal is to squeeze as much battery life as possible to prove that it can. If that's the case then even the S4 can do that, all u have to do is set the brightness at zero and swipe through the home screen the whole day. Then maybe make a phone call or 2 then boom! 8 hrs of screen time achieve but whats the point? Were talking average normal usage. If the G flex cant do it the note 3 certainly cant.

There was a thread in the one x forum where a guy pulled off 12 hours of screen on time. Do u think thats its normal usage? Be real guys.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

My best is 2 days 14hrs with 5.5hrs of screen on time.

Thats sounds pretty good and reasonable.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The G flex isnt even out yet? Its been out for nearly 3 months, its called the unlocked korean version.

Second, I dont care what screen shots one provides, u cannot get 10hrs of screen on time of "normal usage" on the note 3, thats not happening unless your goal is to squeeze as much battery life as possible to prove that it can. If that's the case then even the S4 can do that, all u have to do is set the brightness at zero and swipe through the home screen the whole day. Then maybe make a phone call or 2 then boom! 8 hrs of screen time achieve but whats the point? Were talking average normal usage. If the G flex cant do it the note 3 certainly cant.

There was a thread in the one x forum where a guy pulled off 12 hours of screen on time. Do u think thats its normal usage? Be real guys.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Thats sounds pretty good and reasonable.

Um in the states its not released so to most people who live in America don't have it. But it is normal usuage. My note 2 was able to get 8 Hours normal usage no playing games but internet, youtube, messaging, etc... its called customizing your phone to perform well at a battery saving stand point. On my note 2 i was running a kernel, rom, and undervolted and made everything the phone can do to push more battery life and it did. 8Hours screen on time, 12-14Hrs on battery overall.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly

lol use my phone? More days then not I'll have an hour or so of YouTube, about 2.5-3 hours of SlingBox or Netflix going over data not wifi, i stream music for a 1-1.5 hours throughout the work day maybe an hour of web surfing 15+ emails each day and I use the Action Memo instead of pen and paper for random stuff all day and will still be at 45-50% battery left. That's not that far off from a typical day and thats fairly heavy use, so yeah, my Note 3 pulls this off. Don't hate if yours doesn't. Maybe I average closer to 9 hours of screen time but i have regularly seen 10-10.5 hours.

Screenshot is from yesterday and is a light day of use though I did watch 4 episodes of Breaking Bad and an hour of the Super bowl in HD from my slingbox (My GF drug me out of the house last night). I don't usually take SS but a friend was asking what i was getting yesterday on my Note 3 so i took one.

Screenshot_2014-02-02-02-24-42.jpg

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Um in the states its not released so to most people who live in America don't have it. But it is normal usuage. My note 2 was able to get 8 Hours normal usage no playing games but internet, youtube, messaging, etc... its called customizing your phone to perform well at a battery saving stand point. On my note 2 i was running a kernel, rom, and undervolted and made everything the phone can do to push more battery life and it did. 8Hours screen on time, 12-14Hrs on battery overall.

I never specified the region did I? Fact is the G flex is out. And actually folks have the flex from today in the US (at least AT&T) so what now?

Now youre bringing the note 2 when were actually talking about the note 3. If he was getting 10 hours of screen on time with normal usage then we should see more of it in the battery life thread right? But guess what? We do not. Everybody knows that the note 3 has good battery life, but 10 hrs of screen on time? You have to be kidding yourself. Nobody gets that on average unless again, youre doing everything you can so you can reach that to post it here for bragging rights. I think it is misleading as some folks might wanna purchase this phone thinking that its that kind of battery life they would get.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly

I do tweak my phone. The only thing i do though is restrict background data on apps i don't need running in the background. I leave my location settings (wifi setting) on but not GPS and i have email sync once an hour not every 15 min. I have my google account sync turned off as i just sync it only when i add new calender events or new contacts. There is no need to have it sync 30 times a day for nothing. I use no battery saver apps as they usually just eat battery running in the background so it can watch stuff.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
lol use my phone? More days then not I'll have an hour or so of YouTube, about 2.5-3 hours of SlingBox or Netflix going over data not wifi, i stream music for a 1-1.5 hours throughout the work day maybe an hour of web surfing 15+ emails each day and I use the Action Memo instead of pen and paper for random stuff all day and will still be at 45-50% battery left. That's not that far off from a typical day and thats fairly heavy use, so yeah, my Note 3 pulls this off. Don't hate if yours doesn't. Maybe I average closer to 9 hours of screen time but i have regularly seen 10-10.5 hours.

Screenshot is from yesterday and is a light day of use though I did watch 4 episodes of Breaking Bad and an hour of the Super bowl in HD from my slingbox (My GF drug me out of the house last night). I don't usually take SS but a friend was asking what i was getting yesterday on my Note 3 so i took one.

View attachment 2557818

LMAO! Im not gonna hate because your phone gets better battery than mine, more power to u.

Can you show us your "10 hrs average of screen on time" with some detailed screen shots with the graph and everything? Like this

atehybu3.jpg
8yzu5anu.jpg
sa7ahedu.jpg
adeta7ad.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think he meant 6.5 hours screen time.

thanks for your insite.

2uzy6u6y.jpg
    y7ynytan.jpg

This is my screen time on my note 3.

Battery life is good but there's better (G2, G Flex).

I'm getting 10+ hours of screen time on my Note 3. I'm rooted with just a deodexed stock rom with bloat removed. This phone is amazing with battery life.