[03/29/2008] PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 - "Free at last"

Search This thread

eiskrap

Feb 13, 2008
Hi,

I made skins for both VGA & WVGA screens (and QVGA-WQVGA too) but it only works on PCMKeyboard v0.14 !

here are the screenshots of the skins included into the pack : Carbon, iPhone Like, BlingBling DjOuBhAa, Nvidia-EagleDig Black Lightning...

pcmk_s11.jpg

Each skin is available in 2 sizes : BIG & mini (only for (W)VGA).
There are also 4 layouts : AZERTY, QWERTY, QWERTZ & ABC (with smileys and useful shortcuts : Thanks to htctoucher).
ABC layout works only in portrait mode !! (it was a special request by those who appreciate TOM TOM Keyboard)

And it's totally free (for personal & non commercial use) of course !

Animated screenshots :

pcmkv710.gif

Thanks to : Quentin Pouplard, Tene, Evolupt, htctoucher, Nvidia32-EagleDig, Manthis and of course the best Non Official Diamond Forum in France FNO!

Link : RR33 PCMK.14 Skins Pack v7.rar

You can download PocketCM Keyboard v0.14 here : http://pocketcm.com/keyboard.php

Install the cab version of your device's screen resolution :
- (W)QVGA for 320x240 or 400x240px
- (W)VGA for 640x480 or 800x480px

INSTALL :
After installing PCMK.14 and my skins cab then go to keyboard options, select your dictionary (EN_dico, DE_dico or FR_dico... sorry for other languages but if you already have one then it will be ok too), your layout (don't use default english or français but only QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY or ABC ; because the layouts call specific functions included into my skins) and the skin of your choice : (W)QVA or (W)VGA. My advice would be to uncheck all the boxes except "show feedback on letters" then soft reset.
If PCMK is no more your keyboard at WinMo startup then install IM Selector (excellent app from A_C) then launch it and choose PCMK as default SIP.

Regards,
:)

PS: you've got to disable SIP T9 with Diamond Tweak/HD tweak to not have bug/conflict between PCMK.14 & other keyboards

Great looking skins, but I can't get them to work on QVGA. I've installed the correct cab, but the skins aren't loading when I select them. Anybody else have this problems?

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
This is how to install PCMK :

1- download PCM Keyboard 0.14 + my Skins Pack

2- install CABs : PCM Keyboard, then My Skins Pack and IM Selector (or SIP Change)

3- IMPORTANT: deactivate "T9" in order to avoid many BUGs!! (search on this forum and you'll find how to)

4- launch an application which requires the keyboard (note or Opera by ex), by default it is the stock keyboard that shows on, so press on the small arrow of keyboard selection (at the bottom) and choose “other modes" then “PCM Keyboard”. At this time there is a messed up keyboard which appears (if you are no QVGA) but it is normal because PCMK is not configured yet so do not worry and quit.

5- go to Start>Settings>Keyboard and there “PCM keyboard” should be selected then click in lower part on “options” (if it refuses by prompting that it is not your default keyboard then redo stage 4) and configure it as you want : dictionnary of your choice, layout (you must choose between : AZERTY, QWERTY, QWERTZ, ABC and nothing else), and a skin with (W)QVGA or (W)VGA tag.

6- In order to make PCM Keyboard as your default keyboard at windows startup : launch IM Selector (or SIP Change if it works better on your device) and choose “PCM Keyboard” then “ok”.

Last edited:

eiskrap

Feb 13, 2008
Thanks, I'm doing everything correct... I have other skins working, but after I select the layout which works fine, I then select the skin but it doesn't load and I'm left with a keyboard that is completely white.

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
Hi,

my new skins Pack v8 with 13 skins is available :)

Last edited:

eiskrap

Feb 13, 2008
Thanks for the update. This time I can get the iDream and Nottingham Diamond themes to work, but none of the others. Any ideas why these would work and not the other skins?

Thanks though!

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
Thanks for the update. This time I can get the iDream and Nottingham Diamond themes to work, but none of the others. Any ideas why these would work and not the other skins?

Thanks though!

Glad to ear that 2 of 13 are working but i'll do my best to make the whole pack work !

Last edited:

eiskrap

Feb 13, 2008
My Phone is a Polaris, which is QVGA 240x320.

I've attached my setup, and the result if I chose one of the other keyboards after I apply it.

Thanks for looking into this!

Attachments

• sshot001.jpg
    sshot001.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 22
  • sshot002.jpg
    sshot002.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 32

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
Hello! Did you ever get your PCM keyboard working in your non-HTC device? I have a new Samsung Omnia and I can NOT get v0.14 PCM keyboard to work. I am having the same problems as everyone else. So I am asking if you ever got a fix for it for your device? What the developer sent to you, I simply did not understand. Could you please get back to me ASAP about this. Thanks! RKPalais
Did you tried PCM keyboard 0.23 on your Omnia?
Maybe that version might work.